Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old l'm MAD!!!!!!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:06 AM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Welcome to the wonderful world of Bob Iger. Mr. Iger wants the little children to whine, cry, and stamp their little feet until their parents finally agree to go to a disney park or see a jonas brothers concert. Magic and Disney are slowly drifting apart from eachother. Just in the past few days the DVC (Disney Vacation Club) made weekdays cost more than weekends with the excuse to encourage weekend use. The real reason, there are more weekdays so they get more money. 3D movies cost very little more than regular movies to create and the words "3D Tour" equal 6 dollars more. Go to a Disney Store lately? You used to find peter pan, neverland, aladdin, pins, toys, games, classic movies, stuffed animals, and here is a word rare to Disney things outside the park, Mickey. Now, go in and one side is jonas brothers and the other miss multipersonality, I mean miley cyrus. Oh and I forgot that in the middle are those same whiny children and cashiers are less than willing to assist you. Those of you stating that Disney needs to meet ends in this recession do not realize that you yourself are meeting their ends by purchasing overpriced food in parks, buying a jonas brothers cd, etc. Disney has lost its touch in many areas. I am however, thankful for the many castmembers and workers that still remember Disney isnt about following a strict rule book or charging the highest price but it is about spreading a good time and bringing families together.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasykid View Post
Disney has other games it makes money off of.
POTCO
ToonTown
Club Penguin
Pixie Hollow

Why would they close ONE game when they have 4 others they get money off? Seriously.
Pixie Hollow was not open when VMK closed. They would close ONE game if they did not see financial potential in that ONE game. The other 3 were giving them direct revenue while VMK was giving them indirect revenue. There was no accurate way to track VMK's success, some executives had to make an decision, and they decided VMK was not going to raise them adequate funds.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:02 AM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I wish Walt Disney was still alive because I know for a fact Disney would be different... Soon enough there will be Jonas Brother stuff selling at Disneyland...They already have a Hannah Montana store full of all that stuff...With The Disney princess costumes in the BACK!!!!!!

Credit goes to Friez! Iloveit Thanks!
Old 01-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yes a very sad commentary when Disney takes it's roots and throws it to the fire.In VMK, I traded my Sparrow costume (the whole costume) for Silver Mickey Ears because I happened to love Mickey way more than Jack Sparrow. All things Disney are great, but the roots of Disney are being thrown in the back room just for the sake of profit. Also the things I grew up with seeing the magic of Disney is being replaced for Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers. My daughter loves these people and their talent but always wonders if Disney still loves Mickey Mouse.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Summer 0'9 :)
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Hopeful
GoofyGal1213 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I see why Disney is targeting Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers,because that's all people want to buy because now nobody wants to be a princess they want to be Hannah Montana. So personally I think now Disney feels it doesn't need to sell as much of the classic Disney products as it used to.But I think that everything is now targeted toward kids which makes sense, but what about Disney is for the whole family?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Where
groovysqirrel is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of Bob Iger. Mr. Iger wants the little children to whine, cry, and stamp their little feet until their parents finally agree to go to a disney park or see a jonas brothers concert. Magic and Disney are slowly drifting apart from eachother. Just in the past few days the DVC (Disney Vacation Club) made weekdays cost more than weekends with the excuse to encourage weekend use. The real reason, there are more weekdays so they get more money. 3D movies cost very little more than regular movies to create and the words "3D Tour" equal 6 dollars more. Go to a Disney Store lately? You used to find peter pan, neverland, aladdin, pins, toys, games, classic movies, stuffed animals, and here is a word rare to Disney things outside the park, Mickey. Now, go in and one side is jonas brothers and the other miss multipersonality, I mean miley cyrus. Oh and I forgot that in the middle are those same whiny children and cashiers are less than willing to assist you. Those of you stating that Disney needs to meet ends in this recession do not realize that you yourself are meeting their ends by purchasing overpriced food in parks, buying a jonas brothers cd, etc. Disney has lost its touch in many areas. I am however, thankful for the many castmembers and workers that still remember Disney isnt about following a strict rule book or charging the highest price but it is about spreading a good time and bringing families together.
Again, people blaming Robert Iger alone. That is not correct. There were many more people than that one man involved in VMK. It took more than one person's choice to close it.

Where have I been? I was marching a World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. I toured the country all summer. Pacific Crest 2010.