Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old Well, that didn't last long/Rep Gone?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Spooky Shadow

iShadow is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoSmoothie View Post
I disagree. Rep was fine, after they made it so you could only have positive rep.
While I too liked Rep, it made me feel good 'bout meself (lmho), I can see what problems it would present.
A lot of the members would probably tend to only give rep to their friends, and then ignore others.
What's worse would be that people could've been making extra accounts to give rep to themselves.
However, if it was that case, VMKF staff, since they found out anyway, could've derep the accounts themselves, as they said they would.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:24 PM
scene kid?hah
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Dreamy
Mizz.V is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That's weird gone already?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveTheRain View Post
I really fail to see how that is any different than either example that I quoted.
Actually, it was quite different. Here's what you said:

Quote:
the purpose of it was to give good ratings to posts you like, while marking those users who's posts where not good and encouraging them to do better. And then moments later (it could have even been the same user) someone stated that the reason that it was removed to begin with was that it gave those who had good posts or were "liked" good rep, while belittling other's posts with bad rep and telling them they weren't good enough and should improve.
  • The posts didn't have to be good. They would only need to be friends.
  • This isn't like the first example. In the first one, you said that the post was good. Here, they rep the person just because of their fame or because they're well-known. They wouldn't actually have to have made a good or insightful post in order to get reputation. This is entirely favoritism.
  • Umm... Not to be rude, but did you even read what I said? They didn't tell them to improve. They just derepped them because either they felt like spreading some misery, or because the person simply didn't agree with their post. For example, if I were one of those people, I would have derepped you for your reply to my post. Not a very good reason, is it?

But... Oh well. It's not that big of a deal anyway. Point is that I agree with you on it not being a surprise rep is gone.

Quote:

Here's a study you can do: Go out and buy a puppy. Go out and buy an iPod. Give that puppy your iPod. Now tell that puppy that the iPod is for listening to music, not chewing.
Do you trust that puppy to comprehend what you are saying and use his new iPod responsibly?
Or do you not give that puppy the iPod to inevitably gnaw to bits?

Well put. I don't disagree with you on this one. But, you know, you there is a solution: Go buy an iDog. :P

Quote:
No it doesn't. Mainly, it just encourages people to post more and more spam and junk just so they can get more people to notice them so they can get more rep points.
Exactly. But it wasn't all just spam. It seemed like suddenly everyone and their grandma was trying to act like an angel. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, really, but it got a little overboard. Now, no offense to anyone who made things like this, but I was really starting to get annoyed with all the guides being made on TTC and VMKF, since almost none of them were that good to begin with.

Quote:
I disagree. Rep was fine, after they made it so you could only have positive rep.
In my opinion, as long as users are able to alter reputation, it'll always just be one big popularity contest. Like Rain's example, only a few dogs with Scooby-Doo level IQ are going to know not to mistake their iPod for kibble.

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage
Old 07-16-2007, 03:28 PM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: AFK
MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
I've had several people comment on my "They are People too!" rant thread. They stated that I "just made the thread for attention, and I only wanted rep points out of it."

Right.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Spooky Shadow

Um, Garfieldo, I have an iDog. >:p
No, but for reals, I do.

Anyways, I agree that the Rep system would've inevitably be destroyed. Just not this soon.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by cteddiesgirl View Post
No it doesn't. Mainly, it just encourages people to post more and more spam and junk just so they can get more people to notice them so they can get more rep points.
Umm... Who on this forum would give somebody good rep for spaming? You don't get good rep for spam. Nor do people give people rep when they notice them. I don't think anybody here would give somebody rep for spamming..

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 07-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Back for the end of VMK

Sonicblur is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Unhappy Awww...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoSmoothie View Post
I've had several people comment on my "They are People too!" rant thread. They stated that I "just made the thread for attention, and I only wanted rep points out of it."

Right.
Awww... Choco. I don't believe that to be true for a second, you made that thread because you really care. I hope people don't start saying that about my thread.

Sonicblur~
Old 07-16-2007, 05:21 PM
loves youu<33
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Wishful
PrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with Confetti
Wow, that sure was fast.

Why even bother putting the Rep back?

Oh well..

~Carrie
Old 07-16-2007, 06:07 PM
So's your face :p
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Insomnious
iLoveTheRain has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post
  • The posts didn't have to be good. They would only need to be friends.
  • This isn't like the first example. In the first one, you said that the post was good. Here, they rep the person just because of their fame or because they're well-known. They wouldn't actually have to have made a good or insightful post in order to get reputation. This is entirely favoritism.
  • Umm... Not to be rude, but did you even read what I said? They didn't tell them to improve. They just derepped them because either they felt like spreading some misery, or because the person simply didn't agree with their post. For example, if I were one of those people, I would have derepped you for your reply to my post. Not a very good reason, is it?

But... Oh well. It's not that big of a deal anyway. Point is that I agree with you on it not being a surprise rep is gone.

It would seem that you are being overelaborate in the wording of my posts in order to argue with me, which I don't understand, seeing as how my original post was very tongue-in-cheek.

Whether I said "post" or "person", the basic concept of all three examples is as follows:
Liked=Good Rep Galore
Not Liked=No Rep or Bad Rep

It's a popularity contest. And those always end in hurt feelings. The cheerleader gets the prom queen votes, while the "nerd" gets egged.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:12 PM
VMK'er Since Nov 05! =D
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Grooveygrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
To be honest I don't really care if rep is gone. If It's gone then It's gone.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Spooky Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveTheRain View Post

It would seem that you are being overelaborate in the wording of my posts in order to argue with me, which I don't understand, seeing as how my original post was very tongue-in-cheek.

Whether I said "post" or "person", the basic concept of all three examples is as follows:
Liked=Good Rep Galore
Not Liked=No Rep or Bad Rep

It's a popularity contest. And those always end in hurt feelings. The cheerleader gets the prom queen votes, while the "nerd" gets egged.

Unless the "nerd" is Carrie. And then we got a flaming contest, which is also bad.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Sad
BelieveNTheMagic is floating through Inner Space
Seems like it's gone again
Old 07-16-2007, 06:43 PM
i am Dreaming of Disney

superdsuperd is spinning in a Cursed Storm