Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney TV > Test Pattern

Test Pattern Do not adjust your set. This is the Archive forum for the DCFC

Old The Frog Princess (Merged)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:17 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnOlaf View Post
Yeah it would be better, Randy's score was good in Toy Story. Elton John?
Elton John scored The Lion King. "Can you feel the love tonight?"
Old 03-20-2007, 10:19 PM
« How Unfortunate
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
CapnOlaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
Elton John scored The Lion King. "Can you feel the love tonight?"

He wrote the songs.

Hans Zimmer wrote the score.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnOlaf View Post
He wrote the songs.

Hans Zimmer wrote the score.
Oh, sorry, you're right. Well, Hans Zimmer, then. Whatever. I've just had enough of Randy Newman already.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:39 PM
« How Unfortunate
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
CapnOlaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
Oh, sorry, you're right. Well, Hans Zimmer, then. Whatever. I've just had enough of Randy Newman already.

Amen dude.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Hall of Fame

JeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Just read online (Slight "Editation")
"I've got more on Anika Noni Rose's big casting coup.

As I was the first to break the news yesterday, Disney has picked Rose to star as the studio's first black princess in an upcoming animated musical movie.

I just got word on some changes already happening with the much anicipated movie.

Inside sources report the Mickey Mouse filmmakers have changed the name of the flick from The Frog Princess to The Princess and the Frog. Also, until now, Rose's 19-year-old character's name was Maddy; however, my sources tell me that moniker has been dropped and a new name is still being hashed out.

Now, back to the casting. When the Tony Award-winning Rose got the news yesterday that she had been plucked over people like Alicia Keys, Jennifer Hudson and Tyra Banks, a source tells me that she was in the middle of Times Square and not far from the Disney offices.

So, Rose hightailed it over to Disney, where some execs on the film were waiting for her with celebration in hand."

"As I've reported, Hudson and Alicia Keys also auditioned for the role. A source now tells me others who tried out for it include Tyra Banks." It was a highly sought after role.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:47 AM
WDWCP Hopeful

My Mood: Lurking
levity is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I can't wait for this or rapunzel
Old 07-16-2007, 04:32 AM
Mrow!

My Mood: Author
sktrchick95 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
An African-American princess this should be a good movie but if if it is released in theateres my mom will not let me see it unless she doesn't see the commercials.
~sktr♥~

Last edited by NaviMap; 08-24-2007 at 05:45 AM.. Reason: discussion not suited for a childrens' forum
Old 07-16-2007, 05:04 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 

VIP
My Mood: Curmudgeon
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Well its nice Disney isn't only appreciating Cocasians for once..Maybe they'll make a Hispanic and Hindu princess..
Old 07-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGirl View Post
It depends, I think they are testing non-pixarization. If the film is a success in the box office, perhaps they will continue with this. But if it's not, well...
Everybody see it! I must get rid of pixarization! But really, I cant stand their "pixarization". Hopefully a lot of people see this, putting Disney on the map to sucess in my book again!

I am looking foward to this movie. The story is classic. The princess is African American so all african American children finally have a princess to look up to. Like others look up to Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, etc. So now all we have to do is wait untill 2009!

Lemony, I agree, that would be good to see Hispanic, Hindu, and even other princesses. But you have to understand, Disney never was only appreciating Cocasians. Them creating movies about those people had nothing to do with it. It is just that, Disney was first created in a place where the population is mostly Cocasians. Walt grew up in a place like that, too. Im guessing they pretty much just made movies based on what was around them, not what is around other people on this world, thtis country. That is my guess.

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008