Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old My Plan to Bring Back VMK

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
My Plan to Bring Back VMK

Well, I was thinking about how we could possibly get some kind of plan with potential to work with a small group (maybe 50 people?) I thought, how about we get some well-written letters (about 15-20 would be a good amount) make them really something interesting to a big company, how it can bring in money, maybe a little emotional. Once we have a few letters, we get a group of people. This group sets a "Send later" on their email to, lets say, Bob Iger (maybe we can do a different address per week or so,) for each of the emails. If a group of 50 people, which is very realistic at this time, can send 15 emails a piece, Bob Iger wakes up to find 750 emails regarding VMK, sent within a time frame of an hour. That kind of number is big enough where you would hope he would be willing to open just one.

Another thing, on the first try, I think we should pick 3 or 4 names in Disney and send to them.

I am looking to try and not aim only at the people big in the Disney Company, but people within many divisions of the company. Parks and Resorts had some control of VMK, as far as I remember. Disney Movies was probably making some money off of Disney Movie Rewards, which VMK promoted. The Walt Disney Internet Group is the obvious group of people that we should email as well.

The problem with this plan, it's not going to be as easy as I thought it was. I need some email addresses for people in WDIG, Disney Parks and Resorts, and the Disney movies division. I'm not looking for the big ones (Wadsworth, Iger.) I'm looking for people a few levels down the line. Why? This plan involves lots of emails. Emailing someone as big as Bob Iger isn't going to help much. He most likely gets hundreds and hundreds of emails. Someone who has some power, but can still listen to us is who we need. If you have any email addresses, please tell me.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:25 AM
!Moar!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

iRaccoon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Just make a 2D game like VMK. Nuff said
Old 08-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Bubbles! My bubbles!
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Expert Relocator Winners Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: Stitch-ish
Madilina is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaccoon View Post
Just make a 2D game like VMK. Nuff said

Exactly...
We all know that everyone enjoyed VMK, But its gone now and we cant do anything the bring it back... Its been over 1 year, I dont think we can get it back now. Sorry to say.

And not everyone has time to do the letters/emails you want,You may have the time, You do it.

~::Peaches::~

Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 PM
up the irons \m/
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Evil
dabaseballking ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
dude.
when vmk announced its closing, and AFTER it closed
people sent in well over 10,000 letters and emails to didney.
not one thing happened.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Shake your I funny!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Winner Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park
My Mood: Neotenous
Deeda is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think that there is a slim-to-none chance that it will work, but I think it's a pretty good idea.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Bubbles! My bubbles!
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Expert Relocator Winners Award Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeda View Post
I think that there is a slim-to-none chance that it will work, but I think it's a pretty good idea.
Yeah, But look what dabaseballking said::

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabaseballking View Post
dude.
when vmk announced its closing, and AFTER it closed
people sent in well over 10,000 letters and emails to didney.
not one thing happened.
I agree with dabase... Over 10k letters/emails were sent regarding VMK closing, But nothing happened - As he said

Old 08-03-2009, 03:32 PM
up the irons \m/
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 

..exactly..
.and i mean DISNEY.
actually im sure over ten thousand, definetly more than 20,000.
Most were sent to the WDIG, most sent back with the same response
They sent some to the big shots, they deleted or forwarded them to the WDIG, bearing the same fate as the others.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Bubbles! My bubbles!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabaseballking View Post
..exactly..
.and i mean DISNEY.
actually im sure over ten thousand, definetly more than 20,000.
Most were sent to the WDIG, most sent back with the same response
They sent some to the big shots, they deleted or forwarded them to the WDIG, bearing the same fate as the others.
Exactly! What ever we try they won't listen - They'll just keep telling us its staying closed, Plus its been over 1 year, Theres no point now.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

VIP
The reason it has failed in the past is because we were not organized in the past, and we were sending them to Bob Iger of all people. We sere sending randomly to 1 of 3-5 people who are likely getting thousands of emails a day, 500 isn't going to make changes. We weren't sending them like this. This plan is to send emails within an hour, multiple per person, enough to convince the person to open one. If we can actually follow a plan, send emails at someone who gets few enough emails to actually listen (Bob Iger isn't listening, trust me,) but has enough power to make some changes. These things make my plan different from the others.

A year isn't going to make a difference of whether it re-opens or not. If we show enough interest, it re-opens, no questions asked.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Wow, what happened here, guys? And here I was thinking this was the last bastion of common sense on the internet.

Keep in mind that you're Disney's target audience. As such, they rely on what you think and, more importantly, what you want in order to make money.

Of course our past efforts didn't work. Do you really think Disney would change it's mind only a couple months after the decision to close VMK? No, of course not. It'd only make themselves look like idiots to their stockholders, the other group of people they have to do their best to please.

Give it a try. Worst that happens is they say "No," right?

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Give it one more year, I say.
Two years after they close a game and people still want it back shows theres a lot of demand IMO.
Plus, they wouldn't look like idiots.
They'd be like "This is only a Promotion for ******."
And then you could send links of all the fansites of VMK.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoy133 View Post
Give it one more year, I say.
Two years after they close a game and people still want it back shows theres a lot of demand IMO.
Plus, they wouldn't look like idiots.
They'd be like "This is only a Promotion for ******."
And then you could send links of all the fansites of VMK.
We have to show the demand. The way this normally optimistic fansite is acting towards this plan right now, we might not be able to keep the movement alive without actually doing something until then. Then again, 2011 is the 40th for WDW. 2011 is DCA's 10th. We missed Hollywood Studios' (or MGM's) 20th this year. So many promotions. With enough demand, they have the excuse of "We're re-opening to celebrate (insert promotion of choice here!) Welcome to the new and improved VMK!"
Old 08-03-2009, 09:57 PM
up the irons \m/
Awards Showcase

There are things called email spam filters?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I agree.. I just don't think that emails are going to do it.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM
up the irons \m/
Awards Showcase

i bet disney has a program reading them and blocks out anything that says vmk o_O