Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Disney owns the disney store chain again..

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Disney owns the disney store chain again..

As a few of you may know, a few years ago disney sold the disney store chain. Today my family and I went into the disney store, and we checked out the pin rack as usual, but we saw something different then usual. They had a pin from disney world. We were shocked and wanted to buy it. So my father went to buy it and asked the cashier if disney owned the disney stores again. She said yes and that you can also return disney pins from the parks there. Sweet, now if you work their you can get disney park discounts again.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Weird... A disney store not owned by Disney.... So wait do they own it now or not?
Old 04-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

GoofyGeggy is floating through Inner Space
The Disney Stores are in the process of being handed back over to Disney corp., it's true. Those who work at the Disney Stores have had to resubmit their personal information to Disney corp. as early/late as this last week.

However, what is unknown at this time is which Disney Stores will or won't be kept open after Disney has officially taken over again. Disney will be closing more of the Disney Stores down, and will probably be looking to dump the Stores onto some other retailer.

awsomered, if you want more confusion, consider this: The Disney Store and the online Disney Store aren't owned by the same company.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:41 AM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
Weird... A disney store not owned by Disney.... So wait do they own it now or not?
This should confuse you then: Disney does not own Tokyo Disneyland.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Monorail Mixer
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

BlazinBeats is spinning in a Cursed Storm
o_o
Yeah, Jacques, you pretty much confused me.
LOL.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:14 AM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
I have succeeded, then.

American companies cannot own land in Japan, so the Japanese-owned park "rents" the Disney likeness from the Walt Disney Company.

Back to the Disney Stores, I wonder why Disney is buying them back, only to close some down. Weird.

Last edited by Jacques; 04-27-2008 at 02:06 PM..
Old 04-27-2008, 07:27 AM
tiedyegirl 2007-2008
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

tiedyenaj is spinning in a Cursed Storm
hope they don't close the one near our house does not close they all ready closed they one closest to our house a few years ago
Old 04-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
I didn't know it was owned by Childrens Place. I thought it was owned by JCPennys o_o
Old 04-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

GoofyGeggy is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
Back to the Disney Stores, I wonder why Disney is buying them back, only to close some down. Weird.
Well, the Children's Place hasn't fulfilled their requirements after taking over the Stores. They were supposed to do X Y and Z, but haven't. The Disney Stores have also been losing money like mad in recent years, so the Children's Place is cutting their losses.

I don't think Disney wants the Stores to go away completely, so they are taking them back as a quick solution. Who knows how quickly they will be looking to dump the Stores on someone else's back again, since they practically gave the Stores to Children's Place before.

Oh, and to add to the confusion: there are a few Disney Stores that have always been owned by Disney corp. Those are the stores in Downtown Disney and in Europe. By May 1st, Disney corp. will again own the Disney Stores in North America.

Last edited by GoofyGeggy; 04-28-2008 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: grammar @_@
Old 04-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 

Born In Park
Ok well that pretty much un-balances my little universe!! @_@
Old 04-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I am surprised they are closing, whenever I am in the stores it is always full of people buying tons of stuff. Then again the low prices may have been what killed them. I hope disney decides to keep them open and starts selling more pins. It would be a shame for them to close, especially with all the cute characters near the ceiling. Anyways I find the info pretty interesting, just like I find disney owning a really small golf course near where I live weird.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Wait so they are closing them now?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Magical Happy Exploshun!
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award 

VIP
TripleM is spinning in a Cursed Storm
the disney store -in a certain simon mall named for a US president-isn't closing, its owned by disney themselves. you can buy theme park tickets there!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:02 AM
Walt Disney World
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 

WDWTigger72 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleM
the disney store -in a certain simon mall named for a US president-isn't closing, its owned by disney themselves. you can buy theme park tickets there!
You can buy the park tickets at any of the disney stores, it has been like this since before "The Childrens Place" purchased the chains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen
I am surprised they are closing, whenever I am in the stores it is always full of people buying tons of stuff. Then again the low prices may have been what killed them. I hope disney decides to keep them open and starts selling more pins. It would be a shame for them to close, especially with all the cute characters near the ceiling. Anyways I find the info pretty interesting, just like I find disney owning a really small golf course near where I live weird.
Our local disney store, or one of them at least, had their lease expiring inside the mall when "The Childrens Place" and "Disney" where working on their agreement. To say the least the Disney Store lost its lease, and had to find another place within the mall to lease. The other location contained much less traffic then this wing of the mall, and they don't have any of the giant figurines like they once did...Plus, The rental space was much smaller. Everytime I go to this mall I don't find many people entering this store at all very light traffic unfortunately...Its sad I liked that store at one point in time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyGeggy
By May 1st, Disney corp. will again own the Disney Stores in North America again.
Thanks for your post geggy, I hope this changes one of our local stores a bit with my comment above this since the store has really gone downhill here. My initial thoughts is that this won't change too much at all, because even when Disney owned all the Disney Stores they where losing a lot of money and coincides with their decision to basically almost give away the Disney Stores to The Childrens Place...

Last edited by WDWTigger72; 04-30-2008 at 05:49 PM..
Old 04-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
We have a few Disney stores around us here in the UK.
Does anyone know if Disney will own the ones here soon, or are they just buying the ones in North America?