Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Turn your amp up to 11 and let it wail!

Old Bannings

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Bannings

Okay just got back from my second banning ever, in like six years of being on this site

I don't agree with the severity of bannings.

I agree what I did was wrong.

What I'm trying to get at is, I've been here for six years and twice have I done something that resulted in a ban, which was deserved.

However, I don't agree with the length of the ban.

About a year ago was my first ban, for a week. Ok, that's fine.

Then this ban, says "I've been warned before about my behavior" so it's two weeks. Ok...

I guess I can see this as fair if it's like a constant thing. But I'm guessing one more strike and I'm out here permanently, right?

So say I screwed up twice in 2005. Got banned twice. First a week, then two weeks.

Six years later, in 2011 I screw up again. Am I gone?

I think there should be a forgiveness period, but that's just me. I mean my two bannings were kinda close... a year apart... but I'm just wondering if I'm on here for the next thirty years (before you laugh I'm totally using an extreme example), if I screw up thirty years from now am I permanently off this website?
Old 01-29-2012, 06:52 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I've always wondered the same thing. I mean, everyone stumbles along the way.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Bumping
Old 01-31-2012, 03:54 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I'm not taking sides or anything, but I believe it depends upon the severity of the wrong-doing and whether you knew better. For example if you are a "newbie" and start calling people mean names, chances are they will get a warning. Although if you have been here for years and you know the rules, chances are you will be banned. As you stated past offenses are also looked at. If you continually do something, they will be less forgiving than if you have done it once or twice. If you have a problem with the severity of your punishment, take it up with the management. They are human and may have made a false judgment. Keep in mind this isn't "Secret Special Mod Info", it is common info I have picked up from other members and through my own warnings and bans. My best advice is just try to keep out of trouble and be respectable to others. Welcome back, we missed you.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Keep in mind this isn't "Secret Special Mod Info",
So there IS secret special mod info!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
So there IS secret special mod info!
Of course there is, it's called Mod training. We aren't unleashed upon you all without some kind of help or guidance

As taken from the Site Policies, under Netiquette
Quote:
Typical Mod Contacts - First contact will be a reminder to look at the policies. Next will come a first warning, then a second warning. Then the suspensions begin: 3 - 5 days the first time, 5-7 days the next, two weeks, a month, etc. Each time a user is suspended from the site it will be for a longer period until they are permanently banned from the sites. The mod is not limited to these guidelines if the infraction is severe enough. Please check the edit reasons as a mod will often 'fix' a post and take no further action if the problem is very minor.
The Reminder and Warnings are just that, a reminder to re-read all the rules so you don't break them again.
Quote:
Please read carefully as there is no valid reason for violating any policy with the excuse "I didn't know it was a policy" or "I didn't think that was the meaning of that rule." Ignorance of the rules is never acceptable. If you are questioning yourself on whether or not your actions are in violation of the site rules, then you should refrain from doing that action and ask an Administrator (Admin) or Moderator (Mod) before proceeding.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Thanks for the rules Jezzi. Those are quite hard to find on here, but the first thing I did when I got back from being banned was to search and find the rules. I read that part about how many times a moderator or member of staff warns you equals what punishment. So that wasn't exactly what I was asking or talking about.

I'm asking is there any thirty year forgiveness thing or no? Or is it strictly by those numbers?

Say I'm on here for the next five years. Doing absolutely nothing wrong that whole time. The fifth year comes around and I flame a bit or backseat moderate. Am I then banned for a whole month?

I'm wondering if it's a strict numbers thing. Another example.

User A joins 2005. Does something wrong. Warning.
User A is good till six months later. Does something wrong. 3-5 day ban.
A year goes by.
User A does something wrong. 5-7 day ban.
Two years go by. User A does something wrong. 2 week ban.
Two years go by.
User B joins 2011.
User B does something wrong. Warning.
Next day User B does something wrong. 3-5 day ban.
User B comes back after 5 day ban. Does something wrong. 5-7 day ban.
User B comes back after 7 day ban. Does something wrong. 2 week ban.
User B comes back after 2 week ban.
User A flames staff and members.
User B flames staff and members.

Same punishment?
If yes, would it be different if instead of 6 years going by it was 30?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I cannot answer you specifically as all violations are looked at on a case-by-case basis. There are many factors that we take into consideration.

As a general rule we don't go backwards, therefore we won't send a reminder once we have started the banning process. However it is highly unlikely we would permanently ban someone whose signature is over the limit for instance, even if that was the next step.