Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Turn your amp up to 11 and let it wail!

Old A few questions..

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:09 PM
VMK forever.

Clan Leader
My Mood: Adventurous
MrBrandon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
A few questions..

So, I realize that in 2008 the visitor messaging feature was removed for violation. But, that was then and this is now. The forum is significantly less active at the moment and I believe visitor messages should be given another shot with the currently active VMKForums fan base.

Secondly, this one is for the members: how can we populate the site again? With the other major VMK site closing, it inflicts a great fear in me that VMKForums will soon announce closure. Think about it - there are no contests, no anything to keep people here. Something needs to happen, contest hosting, etc.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:30 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrandon View Post
So, I realize that in 2008 the visitor messaging feature was removed for violation. But, that was then and this is now. The forum is significantly less active at the moment and I believe visitor messages should be given another shot with the currently active VMKForums fan base.

Secondly, this one is for the members: how can we populate the site again? With the other major VMK site closing, it inflicts a great fear in me that VMKForums will soon announce closure. Think about it - there are no contests, no anything to keep people here. Something needs to happen, contest hosting, etc.
1). I myself really do not care for it as we do have Private messaging, which was increased more than it originally use to be. Not to mention, we all now have access to make our own userpages and view others and comment on them too. I myself am content with what we have.

2). Invite your friends and family. Those are some ways of getting more members. The reason we do not do contests anymore is because our original contest creator, Tepcat. Tepcat saw that not as many people were competing in the contests over time, so Tep decided to stop doing them as they did cost much of her time, and negative comments were being left as to the type of contests going on. That is what I remember from her original post as to why they stopped. (Which reminds me I should send her a PM. Been a while since I saw her on).

3). There is plenty left. You can ask questions concerning WDW in my "Ask the VMKF's WDW Nerd" thread, play games in the arcade, do some of the activity threads in the Activities part of the forum, there's plenty to learn about various things or get in discussion over Disney stuff such as the Kingdom Keepers book or how Wizards of Waverly Place has ended.

4). Unless I'm so busy, have things to take care of, or am away, you will usually find me on the VMKF. But I'm not the only one who comes on either.

5). There has not been any word that VMKF will close down any time soon.

I hope that answered some of your stuff. A Mod or Admin like Jezzie or Brain (their the two I see so often on here xD ) can answer more accurately than me.

As far as the contests go too: I've tried doing fun WDW/DLR/Disney period trivia games before on here and while I can get a pretty good turn up for when it starts, as time goes by I do find it hard myself to keep people in the game as they don't respond back when they are suppose to. Don't get me wrong though. I'd love to see the contests come back myself: I'd even help create them, and not play in them so others could have fun and we can create more magical memories and experiences on here again.

-Stitchco

P.S. - Please keep in mind I am not a Mod or Admin. (nor do I ever intend to be one) and you should wait to hear what they have to say as well.
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 01-27-2012, 03:57 PM
VMK forever.

Clan Leader
I have just seen a decline in the amount of posting, everything like that. Whether we like to believe it or not - there hasn't been a front page post in a couple of years. Maybe a refresh in the staff team (not saying people should be let go, but others should be brought in, perhaps?) to jazz things up a bit. I just think in the interest of the community as a whole, some innovations need to be imposed. I don't want to seem like an intruder. I know a lot of people have been here for a very long time.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Administrator
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Bahahaha
Zilly is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As unfortunate as it is, it's very difficult to find subjects for discussion on a site about a game that hasn't been playable for many years. Adding more staff is not the answer. A forum, by definition, requires member participation. We would enjoy seeing members take a more active role in the forum. Visitor messages are not forum posts and neither are a surplus of red and pink names. Feel free to start as many thought-provoking threads that will lead to further discussion as you'd like.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:29 AM
VMK forever.

Clan Leader
I'm just trying to think of ways to spice up the forum. I just think that staff play a big part in spicing up the forum and that the current staff seem to have given up, and it saddens me.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I completely agree with you MrBrandon.

There have been no staff contests for over a year now.

I along with EtnaGreen tried to take on the role of keeping the forums active with our Forum games which lasted a few months but then I stopped them.

I could restart contests again for the fun of it..
Old 02-17-2012, 10:59 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
- sad - someone needs to revive the uh.. RPG threads, random little games, and contests. i was never really the starter of any of these, as i have no brilliant ideas... but uh... yeah....

._. sorry i can't really help bring the forum back alive other than try to sign on more often