Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Films

Disney Films Once upon a time, before the evil Shareholders came along and ruined everything, Disney made movies like THIS...>>*<<

Old Then & Now

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Then & Now

I made this post for everybody to talk about their feelings against the terrible changes to the Disney company, such as the listed below.

Toon Disney, Then: Great shows like DuckTales, TaleSpin, and House of Mouse.

Toon Disney, Now: Now, there is nothing left of Toon Disney but memorys since it has been replaced with Disney XD.

Disney Channel, Then: The wonderful imagination of Mr. Walt Disney himself created a channel about his beloved theme parks and his best pal Mickey Mouse, a little later, we had less Walt and a little more teen comedies like Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens, But they were still funny.

Disney Channel, Now: Now, we have unfunny, uncreative, and unimaginative comedies with untalented actors to put the cherry on top of the terrible cake.

Disney Music, Then: Classic well made songs such as "I Wanna Be Like You," "Winnie the Pooh" and every song from Fantasia.

Disney Music, Now: Now we have terrible singers like Hannah Montana and Selena Gomez and terrible bands like The Jonas Brothers that have no reason to be famous, but for some reason, they are.

Disney Parks, Then: Classic rides such as Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, and The Disney Skyway.

Disney Parks, Now: Now, the status of all of those rides!
Mr. Toad, GONE! Replaced with a Pooh Ride.
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, GONE! Replaced with a playground.
The Skyway, GONE! Replaced with STROLLER PARKING!

I just want to know what everybody's opinion on all of the changes are.

What do you think?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered+

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Exasperated
canogon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
sad, terrible, stupid, serious, unfunny... and I dont want to say the next ones. how could they? I mean first change: color tv, you think they took that as a just keep going with the cartoons? no they took it as a come on now they can see ppl better. and that's how it started the shows. fine I can live with that, but even disney parks? I would never see MGM again now that they have that high school musical parade. 20.000 languages under the sea replace half by finding nemo, othr half... a playground -_-, I dont even like finding nemo, and the submarine gives everyone clothofobia, you have it or not, you have it in there. just terrible, I think magic kingdom and the disneylands are the best parks that didn't change... much.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I don't mind the changes at all. Your post is a little biased. So I'm just going to say my stuff.

I'm not going to say anything about ToonDisney because I'm not really uhm.. experienced? on that topic.

Disney Channel, I think it's still really good. In my opinion I didn't like Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens. So I'm going to have to say I like the newer Disney Channel now.

Disney music: You're using your own opinion to say they're terrible. I think some are actually decent and are good for the Disney base. We're all entitled to our own opinion, so my opinion is that I'm very satisfied with the Disney Music as of now.

Disney Parks: Yeah those were some bad changes, but in some cases they needed to be done. I also know that some things in the park have changed for the better. In my opinion, yet again, I think the Disney Parks are amazing right now, every park

So all in all, I'm very satisfied with Disney and its changes, progressing on.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:41 PM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well ok, some of the disney rides did have to go, but they could at least come up with something better than stroller parking.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Registered+

your opinion is just fine, but what we mean is that there's nothing like old times, and the music... well I think that the music if the most missed of all, you probably like the new 21st century music
Old 09-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Maybe they needed more space for strollers? More people = more kids. Lol.

I like the old disney music too, but it didn't change for the worse. Nor did it change for the better.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMayhem View Post
Well ok, some of the disney rides did have to go, but they could at least come up with something better than stroller parking.
Well, the skyway HAD to go.
It was a safety hazard.
And the music isn't THAT bad.
Just because it's your opinion doesn't make it law.
Disney channel is pretty good.
The shows are pretty funny and entertaining.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered+

skyway WAS dagerous. I really dont like the new music (my opinion) it's just not... fun, there's nothing like the old songs. disney channel is the same thing, I do like all those shows, but if I had to choose between them and the old cartoons, old cartoons all the way.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:06 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Eh, I'm more of a contemporary person.
xD
Speaking of which, they added a DVC tower-thingy.
My friend stayed there.
He says it's nice. xD

Old 09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: SaveVMK
DisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm sorry to say, but I seriously think that Disney is becoming stupid.

The old times were better like old Disney cartoons and everything, but now Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers STINK!

I want the OLD DISNEY BACK!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Registered+

YEAH, nice said disneyfan. who are they trying to copy? the new beatles... the jonas brothers! :-/
Old 09-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
I have complete respect for every singer/band.

They're trying to make it out there, Disney made them successful, and now they're popular. Good for them
Old 09-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Registered+

yes good for them, I'm not saying they dont have talent they do, but if they keep singing and doing things disney tells them to do... they're going the wrong way, maybe if they quit and just be their own band might be better.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
I agree with you there Canogon.

Jonas Brothers should quit Disney and just work on their own. (It'd be better for JB's, but maybe not for Disney financially or popularity.)

Also I think Selena should choose acting or singing. If acting stay, singing leave.

But I think they're doing good in Disney's perspective. (Financially and for Popularity) I mean, I don't want to see them go lol.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Registered+

woot, that's the first thing we both agrreed on, anyone else agree?