Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Vmk 2.0

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: vmkpalish
ToBeContinued is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Post Vmk 2.0

Someone mentioned a "1.0" before...but wouldn't the ORIGINAL be 1.0?
Should they bring VMK back as VMK 2.0? Pay-to-play? Sounds GOOD to me! Any ideas or comments, just put 'em here!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
Here's the thing. Disney has a plan (unless they realized how stupid it was, in which case, had a plan) where they would release a few MMOs per year. They would make one to promote each of their major movies. My assumption is that, considering the large amount of MMOs being made, one will be a park based MMO. The issue with this plan is it's quantity over quality. With so many games, they won't be the best you've ever played. I don't know if I'd pay to play a VMK 2.0. VMK 1.0, yes, I'd pay for it in a second.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:07 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Yeah, I'd agree with Thrill on that.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Whatever Disney decides on a MMOG like VMK, I am game. I play Toon Town all the time these days and find Disney does make quality MMOG and I personally would pay for a VMK 2.0.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Toontown Fan- 110 laffer
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Lurking
Abrahamman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacerightsummer View Post
Whatever Disney decides on a MMOG like VMK, I am game. I play Toon Town all the time these days and find Disney does make quality MMOG and I personally would pay for a VMK 2.0.
same i have been playing Toontown ever since vmk closed and i am a 117 laffer i would play pay to play for vmk anytime

Off Topic: I am a 117 laffer in Toontown
I have all my gags maxxed except drop which i just got piano

Maxxed Sellbot and soon to max cash
Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 AM
Registered+

Here Since Day 1 VIP
bernardo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I would play!!! But it would probably have to be VMK 1.0
Old 08-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Kit is spinning in a Cursed Storm
If Disney brought back VMK (as 2.0) to go along with a Kingdom Keepers movie, that would be Totally Awesome!!
-Kit
Old 08-18-2009, 07:56 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Wasn't VMK against pay-to-play games like cute-or-boot? I'm pretty sure if they were against that, they wouldn't do the actual game P2P [: I wouldn't play it anyways...
Old 08-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoop View Post
Wasn't VMK against pay-to-play games like cute-or-boot? I'm pretty sure if they were against that, they wouldn't do the actual game P2P [: I wouldn't play it anyways...
If I recall correctly (Which I probably don't, I'll admit), VMK was against pay-to-play because of the possibility of scamming or something of the sort.

In any case, having the players run their own play to pay games with virtual money and Disney running their own pay-to-play with real money are two different things entirely.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Here From Day 1
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Disney
zephr is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillJacob View Post
Here's the thing. Disney has a plan (unless they realized how stupid it was, in which case, had a plan) where they would release a few MMOs per year. They would make one to promote each of their major movies. My assumption is that, considering the large amount of MMOs being made, one will be a park based MMO. The issue with this plan is it's quantity over quality. With so many games, they won't be the best you've ever played. I don't know if I'd pay to play a VMK 2.0. VMK 1.0, yes, I'd pay for it in a second.
Had a plan, then.

Fortuosity, that's me by-word.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephr View Post
Had a plan, then.
Did they change it for sure, or is it just that you haven't seen anything released yet? The game engine is most likely still being made if they haven't realized that it won't help them.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:11 PM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 13

DocCalvin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The only way I can think of pay-to-play here is to buy credits to spend in the shops..
Old 08-19-2009, 03:53 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCalvin View Post
The only way I can think of pay-to-play here is to buy credits to spend in the shops..
Well, without any changes to the game at all, they can sell cards for stuff. They could bring back the pin and hat code cards, (50th pin and Gold Ears) and do things like the Pirate Q pins. Something like that can not only advertise the game itself and allow them to buy cards off of the site (they could do that,) encourage them to do quests in parks, but it can boost souvenir sales. Souvenir sales and food sales are where Disney loses the most money at the parks. Park attendance isn't down so much, it's just people cutting back on those that hurts Disney. It's a win-win for both us and Disney. We get a game, they get profits.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeContinued View Post
Should they bring VMK back as VMK 2.0? Pay-to-play? Sounds GOOD to me! Any ideas or comments, just put 'em here!
Nah I would not pay to play like I said on other forum but I would like original game no pay to play and it was the same. I wouldn't mind starting from scratch because at least I have the game back....

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy
Old 08-26-2009, 01:13 AM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeContinued View Post
VMK 2.0 was mentioned alot in many VMK forums. It was mean't as VMK Stories. A expansion, nicknamed VMK 2.0