Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered > VMK Remembered Archive

VMK Remembered Archive Archive for VMK Remembered forum.

Old Vmk closing in a few minutes!!!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Smile, your on camara
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

camara is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Vmk closing in a few minutes!!!

It is currently 2:42am here on the east coast, so only a few more minutes before vmk closes at 3:00am. Hope you all enjoyed the extra 2 hours of play to celebrate the new year!

THE NEW HATS ARE AWESOME!

-camara

edit: I'm sorry if I upset anybody in anyway, all I wanted to do was see if any of the magic was left if I bring back a memory...just as many did the first few nights without vmk by saying "closing dance in ten minutes" in their threads. This was nothing more than a joke ment to remind us of something special we all once shared, and a way to cheer everybody up for the new year.

Last edited by camara; 01-02-2009 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: disclaimer? lol
Old 01-01-2009, 09:00 AM
hellokittysurf :)

hellokittysurf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
huh? VMK is open?!

EDIT: Nvm this is in VMK Remembered...
Old 01-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Sarcasm....
- acefredfred
Old 01-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Ah, VMK's last days. I remember I had, unfortunately, lost a lot of interest in VMK before the announcement of it's closure. There was a time during the previous summer where I did see potential in it as a stage for some Improv Everywhere-inspired fun, but... That died once school started and I lost the time to do such pleasurable activities.

As far as I can remember, I was never there for VMK's last Halloween, its last Christmas, its last New Years, and, most definitely, it's last days. But, infinitely more importantly,I wasn't there to spend my time with the friends I had made there. In fact, many of my good friends I hadn't seen... at all. Cavowonders, Signalcorps... To name a few off the top of my head, I can't even remember the time I saw them last. I was able to reunite with a few of my old buddies, which I am eternally grateful for, but... Those numbers are few.

Even now, I'm only adding to my list of regrets. As some of you know, I'm something of a major supporter of the Save VMK movement (Or, at least, what's left of it). A lot of people have cited me as something of an inspiration to fight for the cause (Although, I don't really think I deserve such praise...). And, even now, I'm usually to busy to be active in the, ah... activism I once apparently inspired. Ah, ironies upon ironies, no?

Ah, but I'm rambling. I'll cut to the chase. Excuse me for the somewhat... Rather melodramatic introduction, but, what I suppose I'm trying to get at is...

As my first act of the new year, I'd like to start things off on a good note by imparting a bit of wisdom that, although I can say I have learned, I have yet to learn from in my years on this earth to you all.

Regrets. They're a horrible, horrible thing. Avoid them. Don't live life with regrets. Live life the way you want to to the best of your abilities and no less. It may seem obvious, but you'd be surprised as to how often you forget such a simple thing.

Again, excuse me for the bits of melodramatics here, but... I'm afraid I've grown rather fond of you all, so... It seemed only natural to me.

Finally, and most importantly... Have a Happy New Year, everyone

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.

Last edited by TopazR; 01-01-2009 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: minor adjustment
Old 01-01-2009, 04:14 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Woah, thats really touching, LordIllidan.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:41 PM
-Insert Title Here-
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Procastinating
SonicBoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
What an awesome finish lol.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I was never on for new years.. LOL
- acefredfred
Old 01-02-2009, 12:41 AM
<------- BOO!!!
Awards Showcase
Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: VMK
linkey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
the most resent new year on VMK stunk
they did NONE of the fun things they did before on the year before that. So i got my hopes up all that night and nothing really happened. =/

Last edited by TopazR; 01-02-2009 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: language
Old 01-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Ah, VMK's last days. I remember I had, unfortunately, lost a lot of interest in VMK before the announcement of it's closure. There was a time during the previous summer where I did see potential in it as a stage for some Improv Everywhere-inspired fun, but... That died once school started and I lost the time to do such pleasurable activities.

As far as I can remember, I was never there for VMK's last Halloween, its last Christmas, its last New Years, and, most definitely, it's last days. But, infinitely more importantly,I wasn't there to spend my time with the friends I had made there. In fact, many of my good friends I hadn't seen... at all. Cavowonders, Signalcorps... To name a few off the top of my head, I can't even remember the time I saw them last. I was able to reunite with a few of my old buddies, which I am eternally grateful for, but... Those numbers are few.

Even now, I'm only adding to my list of regrets. As some of you know, I'm something of a major supporter of the Save VMK movement (Or, at least, what's left of it). A lot of people have cited me as something of an inspiration to fight for the cause (Although, I don't really think I deserve such praise...). And, even now, I'm usually to busy to be active in the, ah... activism I once apparently inspired. Ah, ironies upon ironies, no?

Ah, but I'm rambling. I'll cut to the chase. Excuse me for the somewhat... Rather melodramatic introduction, but, what I suppose I'm trying to get at is...

As my first act of the new year, I'd like to start things off on a good note by imparting a bit of wisdom that, although I can say I have learned, I have yet to learn from in my years on this earth to you all.

Regrets. They're a horrible, horrible thing. Avoid them. Don't live life with regrets. Live life the way you want to to the best of your abilities and no less. It may seem obvious, but you'd be surprised as to how often you forget such a simple thing.

Again, excuse me for the bits of melodramatics here, but... I'm afraid I've grown rather fond of you all, so... It seemed only natural to me.

Awww...Who would have known you had feelings?
So people don't yell at me; Please note the sarcasm^

I loved New Years on vmk. Although, I wasn't on much since I spent most of new years with my family, I still enjoyed it. I remember I even spent one of New Years on vmk at Pop Century at WDW. It was alot of fun, I especially loved the party hats.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:09 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Awww...Who would have known you had feelings?
So people don't yell at me; Please note the sarcasm^
I don't know what you're talking about. Real men don't have feelings.

(^Please note less-than-serious-ness in my post, as well...)

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Smile, your on camara
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

camara is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm sorry if I upset anybody in anyway, all I wanted to do was see if any of the magic was left if I bring back a memory...just as many did the first few nights without vmk by saying "closing dance in ten minutes" in their threads. This was nothing more than a joke ment to remind us of something special we all once shared, and a way to cheer everybody up for the new year.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That's pretty cool. It's fun to see how we acted a year ago when VMK was still open. Trying to be on it as much as possible. Thanks for the flashback!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 

StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:

I was your polar opposite on the last days of VMK. I was online every day from 1 to 11 PM EST the final 10 days or so. No, I wasn't actually ON all that time; I had the infamous Save VMK quest that was the major reason that [a site] had 20,000 signatures before VMK closed; I used the friend list glitch the first 6 hours or so, then got online from 7-11. I awarded fire walls, Minnie hats, and more every day for the last 10 days in the quest. The tasks were simply to go to the 10 most popular rooms in VMK and say "Go to [a site] and sign the put.i,sun!" I do admit one thing: I used another account to play the quest super-fast and win so I could keep giving such wonderful prizes. I only actually gave away the grand prize once, and that time was because of someone who used a type-fast program like VMK Pal (I never used such a program). The second prize was usually around 3,000 credits and a pirate couch, though, and I did award those prizes. The staff probably knew, but they didn't ban me. I reported the type-fast guy, and they said "Sorry your plan didn't work " as the reply. I reported again, and they said "We couldn't find any cheating devices". I reported again, and they said, "It is impossible to cheat on a quest." I asked "Then who were the ' cheaters ' on the Blackheart quest?" They replied with "If you need assistance, please use the Contact Us form." Hmm... That still leaves an unanswered question. If it is impossible to cheat on a quest, then who were those cheaters Yavn talked about that caused VMK to quit the first Blackheart quest early? I intended this to be a short reply, but writing it brought back many memories of my Save VMK Quest.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:54 PM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

DiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Quote:
Originally Posted by camara View Post
"closing dance in ten minutes"
I don't know if ANYBODY noticed the true meaning of my Trio Contest sig:

Old 01-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I played that quest StarBP, it was pretty cool. I was a huge quest junky towards the end of vmk.