Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old My Final Words

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Game Name: BillyBobTheKid

BillyBobTheKid is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My Final Words

Since the closure of VMK, I'd skim across this site, to see what it's been up to. It's such a great thing to know you guys have yet to give up. And you know what? You shouldn't. This fight isn't over, even though it's been a year, I personally think that WDIG will have to make some sort of action, whether issuing some sort of major statement or maybe even listen to what we ask of them.

We read in a WDIG response that Walt Disney once said: "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney did not say leave things behind. Mister Disney also told us that, "A man should never neglect his family for business." In this situation, family is VMK. Yavn and his team was part of the family, we were part of the family. WDIG shouldn't be leaving us missing VMK. A DISNEY company branch of all companies should know about family.

I don't care if it was designed to be a promotion. It wasn't really something to forget about 1 1/2 years longer than planned. You kinda have to know these things. WDIG shouldn't have held it out so long, or even better just should've let it remain open.

I'm leaving the Disney games for a while, if not forever, for many reasons. Getting grown out of it, too much opportunities right now, etc etc. I'll come back to VMK if it ever happens to come back. I'm not going to lie, it probably won't. This is not to discourage. Actually, it's to get you guys going to prove me wrong. I WANT to be proved wrong.

"We did it Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year. " People thought Disneyland was going to be a failure within the first year. What makes this attempt to save VMK more different? Do anything by means necessary. I'm not saying chain yourself to the California Screaming and demand for VMK back, I'm saying find your way of fighting the battle, one that doesn't actually harm Disney or our chances of getting it back.

Please, I'm just telling you, you guys can really bring something back for what, 1.2 million-ish kids? It's not about me, or you, it's about all of us.

It only takes one domino to get a massive chain going.

Last edited by TopazR; 06-09-2009 at 01:59 AM.. Reason: personal information
Old 06-08-2009, 01:02 PM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
Disney doesn't see how much money VMK made them. The out-of-game quests and whatnot. VMK made people want to go to the parks even more! When it closed, many people boycotted Disney, which made them lose money. So, I say, bring back VMK, Disney! You said you want to make a lot of money, here's your chance! Open it back up!

P.S. I just had another theory. Maybe, they're waiting until everybody gives up on VMK, and then they'll reopen it, just to bug people.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
So true.
- ace
Old 06-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
I agree! VMK has the potential to make Disney money, it really does. We just need to remind them of this. It's a great advertisment for the parks, you could make it a pay-to-play like some of your other online games, you could sell VMK cards that would give codes for virtual items, you could put VMK codes in products, plus much more. Yes, new servers would have to be purchased to handle the higher traffic and a new staff would have to be hired and there would be other complications but the bottom line is, VMK could come back if Disney took it as a serious marketing tool.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:18 AM
My Username scrolls because I'm soooo good at #VMKTrivia !
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ape
TikiPin_Dude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
I agree! VMK has the potential to make Disney money, it really does. We just need to remind them of this. It's a great advertisment for the parks, you could make it a pay-to-play like some of your other online games, you could sell VMK cards that would give codes for virtual items, you could put VMK codes in products, plus much more. Yes, new servers would have to be purchased to handle the higher traffic and a new staff would have to be hired and there would be other complications but the bottom line is, VMK could come back if Disney took it as a serious marketing tool.
Yes but all of that cost money.

~tiki

Forever & Always
Old 06-10-2009, 03:47 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiPin_Dude View Post

~tiki
Most things do. That's what we call an investment.

I'd love it if you named one thing Disney got money out of that was completely free.

Then I'd love it more if you realized it's only one thing out of millions and millions.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiPin_Dude View Post

~tiki
You gotta spend money to make money, and VMK wasn't costing anyone much to keep open.