Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old A Scammer's Story

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 AM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: AFK
MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
A Scammer's Story

A Scammer's Story**

Part 1
AwesomeMan: Oh come on, you can trust me with that stitch hat! We Have been friends Forever!
SherriStars: Idk about that, Awesome.. vmk staff says never to give items!
AwesomeMan: Star, what is there to worry about? Like I said, we have been friends Forever!
SherriStars:I am sorry I glove my stitch and wat happens if u get banned or dc or crash while u have it?!
AwesomeMan: I won't! And if I crash or dc I can come back on anyways, lol! (:
SherriStars: Well, i guess u have a point there. i guess its ok if u borrow it for a little while
-trades-
AwesomeMan: See ya, Stars! Thanks for the.. Awesome Stitch hat! Haha haha haha!

Adam sat with his eyes glued to the computer screen. Had he really done it? Had he finally gotten that Blue Stitch Hat that he has always wanted?
Yes.
Adam's stomach was churning out of excitement. He had seven Infernos, Seventeen Fire Walls, a pair of Green Flip-Flops, and his newest addition, a Blue Stitch Hat.

He had started VMK poor, just like everyone else. He was terrible at the mini-games, so he couldn't get enough credits to buy any of the specials. He had trouble trading, because he had nothing anyone wanted.
He then heard of something called a scammer. He had no idea what this meant, so he asked a few people. They seemed angry and depressed at the mention of a scammer...
but then they started speaking of what great and valuable items they took.
Was it that easy? You could just convince people to give you their rarest items? Adam knew it was true.
He had finally found a way to get rich quick.
Day after day, he spent time writing down things he could say to convince people, and how to be their friends. How to make others trust him.
After two weeks, Adam logged onto VMK. He became friends with a person named WonderfulWanda. She had recently gotten a pair of Green Flip-Flops from her mother in real, who had quit the game completely.
Adam then talked to her, had fun with her, went to cafe's with her. They called eachother their best; short for best friend forever.
After a month, Adam took WonderfalWanda to his room, and asked to "borrow" the amazingly rare Green Flip-Flops.
WonderfulWanda said yes, and Adam, or AwesomeMan, ran.
Leaning back in his computer chair, Adam closed his eyes and smiled.
He had officially become a scammer.

Part 2
Adam awoke the next morning to the sound of his VMK alarm clock. He ran down the steps to the kitchen, and a large plate of syrup-covered pancakes were waiting for him.
"Good morning, Honey!" His mother shouted happily. She looked at her watch and gasped. "Oh goodness, I'm late! Gotta run!" She kissed Adam on the forehead and ran.
Adam wondered why his mom was still kissing him and being so sweet to him. He was 13 now; the big "one-three."
After he finished his delicious pancakes, he ran upstairs to his room. VMK just opened; he made great time. He quickly typed in his information and logged on. He walked to a blue stitch hat offer room.

AwesomeMan: Hey, AvasDude, are you trading your ive star teleport?
AvasDude: idk about that maybe for a really good offer i guess..
AwesomeMan: I have an amazing offer please please trade me! (: (:
AvasDude: okay um i already asked someone else ask me!!
-in trade-
AwesomeMan: I have the rarest item in VMK but i don't want it anymore.
AvasDude: omg r u serious!! wat is it??
AwesomeMan: Okay okay I put it in the box! Gosh
AvasDude: is this some kind of joke? nothing is there..
AwesomeMan: Um no.. its green flips dumbo!
AvasDude: well idk i cant see it so i think ur lie to me
AwesomeMan: no no! I promise I am not trust me it's a glitch!
AvasDude: ur sure it is a glitch? plz plz dont lie to me
AwesomeMan: Promise! And it always happens to me. They will show up in your inventory after the trade.
AvasDude: omg thank u thank u!! omg Omg ok i put in the magic
AwesomeMan: thank you very Very much for the fair trade (: (:
-trade. both accept. -
-now out of trade -
AvasDude: Omg everyone i just got green flips!!
LibbyLeon: What did u trade for it?!
AvasDude: ive star teleport!! omg omg Omg Omg
LibbyLeon: Idk if I believe that! put them on then. >_<
AvasDude: omg he scammed he scammed they not here!!
AwesomeMan: who traded you?!
AvasDude: omg u did!! scammer scammer Scammer Scammer
AwesomeMan: What? I didn't I promise! I would Never scam anyone -it's just so mean!
AvasDude: reporting reporting Reporting!!
AwesomeMan: Fine. Bye!
-Message pops up -
You have been banned for breaking the VMK Values. Your ban will expire in 24 hours.

Adam looked at the screen. He couldn't believe it.
He was banned for 24 hours.
Only 24 hours.
"VMK, how stupid are you?"
Adam chuckled. In 24 hours, he would be scamming.
Again.

Part 3
24 hours had gone by in no time. Adam clicked the "Play Now" button on the homepage and, soon enough, he was in the kingdom. He went to the Emporium, ready to make some "friends."

AwesomeMan: Hey Sweet, I like your shirt.
Sweet_Candy_Girl: ty, I like yours too!
AwesomeMan: Np. Let's go to a cafe. I have a friend that works at on. Be friend!
Sweet_Candy_Girl: I have to delete some ppl first though. Hold on.
AwesomeMan: kaa.
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Okay I am your friend now! (:
AwesomeMan: OK follow.
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Okay. (:
-both enter a cafe, and sit down at the same table-
AwesomeMan: I'll share a pizza with her. Also get us too waters. ty!
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Hey do you only like me bc of my shirt bc it is a sparrow shirt?
AwesomeMan: No! Of course not I like you for who you are! (: (:
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Oh okays just checking (: (: ty u are a great friend
AwesomeMan: I know, I know (; hehe.
Sweet_Candy_Girl: LOL! Nice work there haha
AwesomeMan: Hey can I ask you a question in trade?
-trades-
AwesomeMan: Can I borrow your shirt? I just want to try it on (:
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Awesome idk my friends get scammed a lot that way...
AwesomeMan: I promise promise! I <3 sparrow all I want is to try it on and take a picture of me wearing it.
Sweet_Candy_Girl: umm okay but only for a picture (:
-takes off, then trades the shirt-
AwesomeMan: Okay taking the picture in tree, too, on! Bye!

Adam quickly hit the red 'x' at the bottom of the VMK window.
He had a pretty good outfit in VMK now; green flips, stitch, and sparrow. He nodded in approval.
He felt really bad for stealing something that belonged to a girl who really trusted him.
Aww, who was Adam kidding.
He wasn't sorry at all.

Part 4
Adam awoke the next morning, his head throbbing. He looked at his alarm clock; 97 degrees, 7:01 AM.
"Well that explains it," Adam mumbled to himself. "But what else do you expect on summer vacation, dummy?"
He walked downstairs, his mom waiting for him with a cup of hot cocoa. "Good morning, sweetie. Hot cocoa?"
Adam glared at his mom. "It's 100 Degrees outside, Mom. No thanks..."
Adam ran up to his room and looked at the time again. Not even close to when VMK opened! He would have to go downstairs again and waste some time. "Mom, I'll have some!" He ran downstairs.
"I already have it made!" She handed Adam a cup of hot cocoa. Adam sat down at the table and started to read the comics. When he was done with those, he decided to start on the sixth Harry Potter Book. He loved Harry Potter.
"Honey, I'm going outside to get the mail," Adam's mom said.
"Okay, mom." She walked out the door.
Adam ran upstairs to his room. VMK had just opened, lucky for him. He quickly logged on and checked his messages. There was only one.
"Awesome plz give me my stuff back!" It was from Sweet_Candy_Girl.
He shrugged it off; she had probably sent it to him quickly after she was scammed. It wasn't terribly uncommon. Adam chuckled, then entered a trade room. No one in that particular room seemed to have anything of interest.
"Adam, you have mail!" His mom shouted from the kitchen.
"From who?"
"I don't know. No return adress."
Adam ran down the stairs, almost tripping over the pair of tennis shoes that were thrown on them. "Careful, sweetie." She handed him the letter.
Adam tore it open and read it.
Adam, give me my sparrow shirt back.

-Sweet

Part 5: Dedicated to the_phoenix.
Adam was beyond freaked out. He ran upstairs to his room and shredded the letter.
He quickly logged onto VMK again, and went into the Emporium.

AwesomeMan: Anyone trading the new magic?
No reply.
the_phoenix: Awesome you are a scammer. I know you are! You scammed my friend!
AwesomeMan: Omg no I didn't!
the_phoenix: My friend, sweet! You scammed her, I know you did!
AwesomeMan: I.. no no!
the_phoenix: Umm.. yeah yeah! I am reporting you!
Adam was getting scared. He went to his room and set it to "myself" so no one else could enter. He began typing to himself.
AwesomeMan: Okay okay everything is getting too weird..
AwesomeMan: this is not cool. Not cool!
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Hey awesome. Give me my shirt back now.
AwesomeMan: Sweet look I am so sorry.. wait where are u?
Sweet_Candy_Girl: I'm not in the room, Awesome. Look around.
AwesomeMan: Go away!
the_phoenix: Adam... Adam! Give Sweet her shirt back...
AwesomeMan: no, no no!!

Adam woke up sweating, his heart pounding like a drum. He looked at his alarm clock; 9:45 AM.
"I must've fallen asleep... it was all a dream, all a dream," Adam whispered to himself, sitting down in the computer chair. He logged onto VMK.
There was no message waiting for him.
His room wasn't set to "myself."
There was no the_phoenix, or Sweet_Candy_Girl.
It wasn't real.
Adam walked into Shrunken Ned's.
the_phoenix: LOL, yeah, I reported that dumbo scammer. He was totally banned!
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Nice. too bad you couldn't catch Awesome..
the_phoenix: Oh how I wish I could've, sweet! I'm sorry. :I
AwesomeMan: Sweet I need to ask u a question. Now.
the_phoenix: Sweet is that him?!?!
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Yeah!
AwesomeMan: Wait, wait! Before u report, I HAVE to ask her something! Plz just let me ask her id care if I get banned!
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Fine. Wat do you want?
AwesomeMan: How did you mail me in real..?
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Awesome, you better watch your back. I can do much more than mail you.
AwesomeMan: What?

Then, all of a sudden, the computer shut off.

Part 6
I am a true scammer.
Huff, huff.
Sweet is not real.
Huff, huff.
I need help.

Adam was breathing hard. It was all too real; the computer shutting off, sweet saying...
he couldn't bear it.
But he knew that it was not a dream; he knew. Or was it?
Adam was funking himself out- if that even made sense. He re-started the computer and logged onto VMK.

AwesomeMan: Lovelyish, are u trading your sparrow hat?
Lovelyish: Yes for a good offer.
AwesomeMan: I will offer to.tea stitch hats. see? I have all of them.
-trades and shows-
Lovelyish: No, you scammer! Reported.

In a second, Adam was banned from the kingdom for a week- again. He decided to make a new character... and get around the IP ban.
After he easily did that, he made a boy named AmazingFootball. He scammed a few more "morons," and decided he was hungry.
Adam ran downstairs to find four letters for him.
The first contained money from his grandparents; they sent him some, occasionally. The second letter was from a close family friend, asking if Adam could play baseball with him sometime. The third was from his dad; his parents were divorced. The fourth, however, contained a set of numbers and a letter.

I mean it. Give me my stuff back.

As I said before, I can figure out things, Adam. I am no super woman; I know you think I am.

Playing oh So innocent,
so all I have to say:
how can one come up to me
and TakE that ALl away?

ForgIveNess is the key, Adam,
and I will GIve you that,
but moSt of all, all I Want:
my pReciOus thiNGs back.

"Why are there capitals... random capitals?" Adam wondered. "Maybe they go together or something."

He wrote down the capitals in order.

S T E A L I N G I S W R O N G.

Part 7
Adam had to get out of this mess, and he knew it. But there was no way he was going to give up any of his precious items.
So, as he laid in bed, he decided to find out who Sweet was.
He wrote down names of every person he knew. He was going to find this out, no matter what.
Then he fell asleep, with the list half-way completed.
The next morning Adam was hard at work. He went on Microsoft Word and finished the list. He printed it out; it was over 200 people. He knew he forgot some, but they were insignificant people- people who wouldn't play VMK.
He logged onto VMK first and decided to explore and see if anyone was friends with Sweet. If they were, they would know what time she got on and off, when she went to sleep, and maybe even more.
After running around a bit, he came across a fellow in the Sci-Fi Dine In- who knew Sweet.
AwesomeMan: So you know her?
SoccerROCKSS: Ya!
AmazingFootball: So when does she go usually sleepy?
SoccerROCKSS: Well she told me last night she was going sleepy, that it was really late in her center time, like tent or something o_o
AmazingFootball: So you are saying she got off at tent center time?
SoccerROCKSS: Uh huh. She gets on right when VMK opens too. and she told me this plz dont tell anyone else but she lives in ' miss our i '
SoccerROCKSS: Why do u want to no?
AmazingFootball: Well.. she used to be my friend
SoccerROCKSS: oh you want to find her?
AmazingFootball: Yeah.. sure
SoccerROCKSS: Oh well then you need to no that she is in her room right when VMK opens idk why but she always is!
AmazingFootball: Omg thanks so so So So much!
SoccerROCKSS: np but I need to tell you something.
AmazingFootball: What?
SoccerROCKSS: she just got scammed by some lose.her title Awesome Main so she is mad a lot
AmazingFootball: oh.. well I feel so sorry for her! Um what did he take?
SoccerROCKSS: A sparrow shirt it was a huge loss. i cant believe some lose.her would do that dumbo Dumbo!!
AmazingFootball: Umm ya dumbo people these days!
SoccerROCKSS: Ya and i told like the entire VMK so if you ever see him report him ok?? oh ya and rumor has it he made a new account
AmazingFootball: ya I will report..ty and wow who would scam then make a new account? I guess,,
SoccerROCKSS: Well gl finding her.. she isn't on now but she will be tomorrow i am sure

Adam didn't care what he had to say. All he cared about was finding sweet and figuring out who she was.
The only thing was, he was scared.
Adam lived in Missouri.

Part 8
Adam took a long break from VMK. Months, perhaps. He was confused... sad... angry with himself. Or was he? Was he just scared of sweet? Was he going crazy?
"I swear," he said to himself, "I'm going to end up in a mental institution..." He got on VMK, right when it opened.
The kingdom will be closing May 21st. Enjoy your last weeks.
"No. This can't be happening. I have weeks to figure out who Sweet is... how she finds me... why this is happening! Does EVERY scammer go through this? This isn't FAIR!"
Suddenly, the VMK music flowed through Adam's ears. It was like angels singing... only better.
He walked around in the Emporium, just trying to bring his VMK memories back. His friends- oh wait, he didn't have any.
Right.

Super_Dude_Rox: VMK is closing!! ): ):
LoveYaLol: I know! Yavn is so mean!
AmazingFootball: Why is it closing??
Super_Dude_Rox: No on knows. Probably because of that dumbo scammer!!
LoveYaLol: I wouldn't be suprised!! He scammed someone out of their green flips dude
AmazingFootball: Are u serious? Uh that's mean..
LoveYaLol: Ya.. why do u need to know?

Adam didn't care about this at all. He quickly exited the room, knowing that he wasn't the reason the kingdom was closing. He was just a pimple on the giant face of Disney.
Okay, he didn't want to think about that.
Then he remembered. Sweet was in her room when VMK opened. He searched her name, and sure enough, she was in there. He entered the room.

AmazingFootball: Hello sweet.
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Hi.
AmazingFootball: U know who I am?
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Hmm.
AmazingFootball: So... do you?
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Hmm.
AmazingFootball: Come on, u have to know. I didn't come to ur room for nothing.
Sweet_Candy_Girl: You will never understand exactly How I fEeL.
Sweet_Candy_Girl: And the answer to your question is, yes, I am reaL.
Sweet_Candy_Girl: Instead Of looking hArD, just don't try it At all,
Sweet_Candy_Girl: You Must not try too hard; all you do is fall.

Adam jotted down the words. It was the same kind of riddle.

H E L L O A D A M

He logged out of VMK.
Ping! He recieved an email.
But he scammed her! He thought. She was my victim!
Trying to keep his mind off of it, he opened the email and read it.
Adam, you're my victim now.

It's not very descriptive or anything, and I made sure it wasn't. This is supposed to be simple, but slightly realistic. Opinions and comments are very much appreciated.

**These characters are completely fictional.

Last edited by MinniesDream; 05-26-2008 at 01:48 AM.. Reason: New Part! Thank you for reading and commenting, everyone!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:05 AM
Banned

YourFootsteps is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow, that was..
wonderful.
I've always wanted to read a story about the life of a scammer.
I guess it's completely awkward, doing something against the law.
I hate Adam now.
Poor WonderfulWanda.
]=
Old 01-02-2008, 04:18 AM
-The original- Green.i
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Reading
flaxygirl is floating through Inner Space
I like it I dont normaly read stories, but I decided to read this one.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:20 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Write More! More!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:24 AM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
WOW..

Just---- wow.
AMAZING.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:19 AM
.:*Bling Bling *:.

polkadotty22 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You have a way with words....LOL no seriously it seemed to flow very nicely! Good worky write more please!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:00 AM
misses vmk!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Pixieish
Ali-Rae is as Frosty as a Snowman
that was really good! you should write more!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Dog Lover :)

My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
SillyBrightPuppy is as Frosty as a Snowman
I am breathless
write more
- Silly
Old 01-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Kit is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That was so bad it was good! Or... you know what I mean
It's fascinating. I think ppl will be more careful after reading.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:12 PM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Princess
FabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their head
- O: wow :O -
Old 01-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Toontown & VMK Addict

My Mood: annoying
Encyclopedia is as Frosty as a Snowman
That was very descriptive and the cliffhanger is so good that I would like you to make another chapter as soon as possible! ! !
Old 01-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
bah humbug. this is my motto "never trust anyone"
Old 01-02-2008, 02:48 PM
eats shoes
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Spammy
Tyrannosaurus is covered with ConfettiTyrannosaurus is covered with ConfettiTyrannosaurus is covered with Confetti
yes, great story. You should write more...

EDIT 1/2/09!!!!

EDIT IT WRITE MORE

Last edited by Tyrannosaurus; 01-03-2009 at 02:24 AM..
Old 01-02-2008, 03:13 PM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: AFK
MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
Thank you! Wow, a lot of comments! This is the most I've ever gotten on a story!

I wrote another part. =)
Old 01-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Puerto Rico Will rock you

padme123 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Awesome Story Im Puutting This Thread On My Favorites Its So Good