Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old How to Edit Stuff to Have a Picture on Them

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:49 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
How to Edit Stuff to Have a Picture on Them

As seen here

Have you ever wanted to edit something to have a picture on it? It looks kinda cool right? Well now you can! Here's a tutorial [100% by Friez] on how to do so.

1. Open up a photo-editing program. For mine, I use Adobe Photoshop 6.0.

2. Paste on your "to be edited" picture. Say, if you were editing a pair of shorts, paste the shorts onto the document

3. Find a picture that you want ON the "to be edited" picture. If you wanted the shorts to have a picture of a snowy mountain, get a picture of a snowy mountain

4. Paste that picture onto the document, on top of the other picture. DO NOT resize this image.

5. Lower the opacity on the top image. [The snowy mountain] Make it so that you can still see the shorts (or whatever) THROUGH the image.

6. Now, here comes the tricky part. Cut around the shorts on the top layer, so that the image is only on the shorts, and not on the background. Make sure you're very careful.

7. Like the example on this picture here, there are holes in the shorts, the inside of the shorts are showing, and the button is also there. Cut the "snowy mountain" picture out of the inside of the shorts, button, and holes, or anything that you don't want to be textured.

That's about it! If you have any additional questions, PM me.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:54 AM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Thanks so much for the tut(:
Here's my outcome of it;

any suggestions to make it look better?
I know there is a little white around the edges,
but I kind of did it in a hurry.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:01 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Erm, anyone here know how to change opacity levels on Paint.Net?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:16 AM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorswiftfan13 View Post
Thanks so much for the tut(:
Here's my outcome of it;

any suggestions to make it look better?
I know there is a little white around the edges,
but I kind of did it in a hurry.
That's cool! Good job! I guess the only thing that would make it better is the cutting, but then again, you were in a hurry. x]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Erm, anyone here know how to change opacity levels on Paint.Net?
No, sorry. ]: You could try looking online though... that's my only suggestion...