Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old "Dreams," Disney's Next Big Global Theme Park Celebration?!?!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
(pop) ah! stop popping

ezmon ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middiebear
Another BIG scoop by "WDWMagic..."

Article found on a website called "Touringplans" reports that this Media conference will be held in New York City...

Article:

Rumor has it...new worldwide Disney marketing event TBA on June 7?
Disney's being very secretive about a June 7 media event in NYC. We've heard Disney will announce the successor program to the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" marketing campaign that's scheduled to end in October 2006.

Supposedly titled something like "A Year of a Million Dreams," the idea is that every day in 2007, a number of Disney resort guests will be selected to have their Disney dreams come true. (Note to you fellas: it does not involve canoodling with Ariel.) If what we hear is true, expect giveaways like free meals, toys, special seating for parades and shows, and more.

Of course, we could be completely wrong about all this. But we will have someone at this invitation-only media event, and we'll have the details for you as soon as they're announced."

Link to Article:

http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=44

**This article is not written in a formal fashion... I would just take it as a credible rumor...
but it says there is a media event
Old 06-07-2006, 09:54 PM
<-My Walt Disney World

Middiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmon
is this going to be on television
It's unclear whether or not your local news or CNN will bring you this Media Conference live...

But I would keep a look out for all the new information from the Media conference on your local news at 11 O'clock, or all-day tomorrow...

BTW: The Media conference has NOT YET taken place... It's set to take place from 6-9 P.M. Eastern Standard Time in New York City...

BTW2: A "give-a-way" during this celebration does include a stay in Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom park!!!

Now that's cool...
Old 06-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middiebear
It's unclear whether or not your local news or CNN will bring you this Media Conference live...

But I would keep a look out for all the new information from the Media conference on your local news at 11 O'clock, or all-day tomorrow...

BTW: The Media conference has NOT YET taken place... It's set to take place from 6-9 P.M. Eastern Standard Time in New York City...

BTW2: A "give-a-way" during this celebration does include a stay in Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom park!!!

Now that's cool...
What do you mean "stay in Cinderella Castle"? LOL it sounds like something interesting...

Anyways, I'll be watching the news tomorrow. Bay News 9 usually has a lot of up-to-date Disney info..

~FO
Old 06-08-2006, 02:44 AM
You can title me: Jam

MrJambo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
At its two U.S. parks, Disney will launch the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration in October, where visitors will be randomly awarded "dreams" such as a night in the Mickey Mouse Penthouse at Disneyland or private meetings with Disney characters.

To kick off the U.S. promotion, one family will be chosen for a VIP visit in October to the Magic Kingdom park in Orlando, Florida where they will have the resort all to themselves.

http://today.reuters.com/stocks/Quot...E-1.XML&rpc=66

Oh, now those are some nice prizes!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:39 AM
<-My Walt Disney World

Middiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with Confetti
Confirmed ALL NEW attractions that are slated to open during the "Year of a Million Dreams" are:

"* Disneyland Resort in California

-- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage -- Inspired by Disney -- Pixar's "Finding Nemo," this all-new E-ticket adventure will take guests on a real (and unbelievable) underwater excursion. (Summer 2007)

-- Rockin' Space Mountain -- Space Mountain is getting a new twist. Thanks to new lighting and technology, Disney's classic attraction will become a new experience in which rockets will rock it through the greatest concert in the universe. An all-new soundtrack will fit the exciting twists and turns of Disney's rocket classic. (Spring 2007)

* Walt Disney World Resort in Florida

-- "The Seas with Nemo & Friends" at Epcot -- Nemo is lost -- again -- and guests aboard "clam-mobiles" join his friends to search one of the world's largest saltwater aquariums for the playful clownfish in a stunning display of new entertainment technology inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Finding Nemo." (Late 2006)

-- "Finding Nemo-The Musical" at Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Also inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Finding Nemo," the Great Barrier Reef comes to colorful life in an all-new musical filled with spectacular scenery, elaborate puppetry and music by a Tony-Award-winning composer. (Late 2006)

-- The Laugh Floor Comedy Club at Magic Kingdom -- Guests find the power of laughter in an engaging and interactive new adventure inspired by Disney- Pixar's "Monsters, Inc." as they match wits with the one-eyed hero Mike Wazowski and his friends. (Early 2007)

Additionally, special entertainment and programs will be in place at the parks and resorts to accommodate the desires and wishes of would-be Disney Princesses, pirates, adventurers and space explorers. Guests will be able to customize their visit to a Disney park to pursue the "Dream Track" of their choice with on-line planning tools and in-park technology to help them become the hero or princess they've always dreamed of being."

**Source: Laughingplace.com
Old 06-08-2006, 03:52 AM
Around...

Poseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I find it really upsetting when we're simply getting Pixar themed rides/shows. I'm not going to like TLS anymore. I actually LIKED to learn things in there, and now it'll probably simply bore me, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but Nemo's turning into Stitch, being placed everywhere in WDW. The Finding Nemo musical is okay, but 3 pixar rides and no other themes?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:53 AM
On The Air!™

figmentisback is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hey... Rockit mountain comfirmed...

And the laugh floor for wdw confirmed..

Now who was doubting me when I was saying monsters for tomorrowland?
Old 06-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentisback
Hey... Rockit mountain comfirmed...

And the laugh floor for wdw confirmed..

Now who was doubting me when I was saying monsters for tomorrowland?
Seems like Monsters Inc. would be more appropriate in Fantasyland or something, but I'm not the one constructing it.

Anyways, Middiebear, can I have your permission to put this information in my WDW guide? I'll be sure to give you credit for it.

LOL, I think all these "giveaways" would be a piece of information parents would want to know...I'm thinking it needs a slot in the PARENTS GUIDE section.

On Topic: Wow. This sounds great. Please oh PLEASE let me stay in Cinderella's Bedchamber! I'll do anything. PLEASE! .

~FO
Old 06-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Is Lucky to be Home Again

My Mood: Amazed
Faithrella ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Florida Oranges
Please oh PLEASE let me stay in Cinderella's Bedchamber! I'll do anything. PLEASE! .
LOL You'll have to fight meh for the castle! This means war! LOL jk Wow... This is soo cool. I don't care if it is Pixar attractions, I wuv Pixar! lol This is going to be wicked awesome. lol My mom entered my family in the sweepstakes, yay! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!

You know, my brother and I were talking about this; if we had one wish at the parks, it would be to get all of the quest cards! wahahaha... lol But seriously! People were wondering what VMK might do for this celebration, and maybe you'll get VMK Central all to yourself, or some quest cards! lol You never know what Disney will pull out of it's hat...

Faith
Old 06-08-2006, 04:31 PM
<-My Walt Disney World

Quote:
Anyways, Middiebear, can I have your permission to put this information in my WDW guide? I'll be sure to give you credit for it.

On Topic: Wow. This sounds great. Please oh PLEASE let me stay in Cinderella's Bedchamber! I'll do anything. PLEASE! .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolLadyFaith
LOL You'll have to fight meh for the castle!
That will not be a problem CL_Florida Oranges...

**Remember ONE family A NIGHT for an entire year will be able to sleep inside the castle... So that's 365 chances of winning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolLadyFaith
You know, my brother and I were talking about this; if we had one wish at the parks, it would be to get all of the quest cards!
That's a good "Dream..." I never thought about VMK being included in this celebration in that way... I'm sure that will be every VMKers' wish...
Old 06-08-2006, 04:53 PM
<--Now Open

futuremartymcfly is covered with Confettifuturemartymcfly is covered with Confettifuturemartymcfly is covered with Confetti
I personally have to agree with Poseidon, all their doing is taking advantage of the Pixar-boom and the fact that Pixar is now owned by Disney, and I don't really get the Million Dreams thing either...
Old 06-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Banned

I wonder how you can enter for that Cinderella's Bedchamber thing. Do you have to apply online or do they just randomly select you when you go to Magic Kingdom?

~FO

PS-Thanks for the OK, Middiebear. I'll work on in it a few moments.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Anyone seen my porridge?

goldie is as Frosty as a Snowman
Here is a link to the Sweepstakes.

https://secure.disney.go.com/registration/sites/login?name=LoginPage&site=DisneyParks

Enter for your chance to win this most magical prize.* You and three Guests could enjoy a one-of-a-kind vacation which includes special VIP access to each land in the Magic Kingdom® Park if you are selected.
  • Visit all your favorite attractions as the ultimate Magic Kingdom® VIPs.
  • Meet beloved Disney Characters during your Park tour.
  • Airfare, Disney Resort accommodations and all meals during your stay are included.
Trip will be fulfilled on October 1-4, 2006 at the Walt Disney World® Resort, during The Year of a Million Dreams celebration.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:13 PM
&lt;-My Walt Disney World

Quote:
I wonder how you can enter for that Cinderella's Bedchamber thing. Do you have to apply online or do they just randomly select you when you go to Magic Kingdom?
Here's your answer to your question:

"The winning visitors will be picked at random through a system being developed by consultants, a Disney spokesman said. They could be picked in the parks, in Disney hotels or even at Downtown Disney, where the general public can wander for free -- just as long as they're on Disney property."

Source: Orlando Sentinel

Of course with more than 200,000 visitors simultaneously anywhere on the Walt Disney World resort property daily... This might make it more of a challenge to be picked...

And here are some other "Dream Give-Aways..."

"Some people wandering the Disney property will be handed scrolls inviting them gala balls. Riders on Pirates of the Caribbean might find pirate characters taking the seats beside them. Others will be handed "Golden Fastpass" tickets that allow them to get into much shorter Fastpass lines at rides all day."

Source: Orlando Sentinel

All sound very magical...