Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old Universal Studios...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Banned

FinnDisney is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmingemma49
First of all, I thought those commercials are hilarious. Who doesn't want to act a little bit older when you're a kid (or a pre-teen, or a teen!)? At least I know I did.

Second of all, I enjoy Universal because of the rides. They have more rollercoasters, which I love. Disney is targeted more to families with children. But don't get me wrong, I know I still love going to Disney, and so do my parents and my grandma (who can't even ride anything!)!

Third, why bring up the movies these companies make? Why? It doesn't seem to be all that related to the topic.

But to respond to the person who said that they "seldom enjoy a movie not made by Disney", there I REALLY have to disagree. The quality of Disney movies (especially animated ones) has gone WAY down in recent years. Did anyone really like "Chicken Little"? Or, for that matter, "Home on the Range" I thought they were horrible. If I am thinking right, the last half-decent animated movie made by Disney was "Lilo and Stitch".

I am again responding to someone who said that Disney was just higher quality, period. Again, I disagree. I will use their Cast Members as an example. Both of my parents used to work for Disney, but my mom quit (yes you read that right, she QUIT working for Disney), and my Dad was laid off the Animation department when it closed.

My dad had a few months to find another animation job (really, how many are there out there? Not many.), which he did, and we are happy where we are now. (In case you were wondering, he had a management job on the recent release "Ice Age: The Meltdown".) My mom quit working for Disney because they were really overworking her, and wanted her to work on Christmas, after she had been an employee for more than 10 years. (Guess where she worked after she quit? Universal Studios. Ironic, huh?)

So, if you ask me, Disney is not that high of a quality anymore. Sorry if this turned into a bit of a rant, but I needed to repond to some things said on here.

Happy Trails!
Scary. That's ME you're dissing. I loved CL. Home on the Range was a little...uh..weird, but it was ok. Lilo&Stitch was too big a sucess. Too many sequels to that. Your mom SHOULD have worked christmas! dude, you coulda like, gone too the park too! evil ranters. >
Old 04-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Banned

Dude....gotta love that ACEROLLER guy. he could be my CLONE.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:22 PM
<--Now Open

futuremartymcfly is covered with Confettifuturemartymcfly is covered with Confettifuturemartymcfly is covered with Confetti
ok, finndisney, this is who I though I was responding too, lol. just how many non-disney movies have you seen?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Emiloo on VMK!!!

swimmingemma49 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnDisney
Scary. That's ME you're dissing. I loved CL. Home on the Range was a little...uh..weird, but it was ok. Lilo&Stitch was too big a sucess. Too many sequels to that. Your mom SHOULD have worked christmas! dude, you coulda like, gone too the park too! evil ranters. >
I could come up with more examples for bad animated Disney movies if you wanted me to. Brother Bear, Treasure Planet, Atlantis... I could go on. Disney is going downhill, and fast with their aniamted features. And please tell me how a movie can be too big of a success... I agree that the sequels were too numerous (they were also outsourced and made too quickly), but they were bad as well.

And please tell me why my mother would've wanted to spend Christmas working.

Sincerely,
"The Evil Ranter >"
Old 04-25-2006, 09:25 PM
New Person

Wildcat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Dont be too upset. People do this kind of stuff all the time. Its to help their sales go up. By the way, Universal is just as great as Disney. Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure may not have as many parks or be as expansive as Disney, but they are all the same: fun, fun, fun.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

skip has disabled reputation
Amen to that, Wildcat.

Just because things aren't Disney doesn't mean it stinks.

-skippyskippy
Old 04-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Banned

hmm....non-disney films....

I saw heaven can Wait, and loved it.
I have seen numerous Lassie films which my mom dragged me to....
I LIKED brother bear and Treasure Planet and Atlantis!!!!
Ur mom wouldn't have wanted to work, but u shoulda wanted to be in WDW or DLR 4 Christmas!!!
If u don't like Disney, go home
I'm planning to see Stormbreaker in Sept. it's weinstein co.
Again, if u don't like Disney, go HOME.
Yup, you are an evil ranter. there is no need for the >
Old 04-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Blonder.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Katarina is covered with ConfettiKatarina is covered with ConfettiKatarina is covered with Confetti
THAT IS SO SAD!!! LOL that Universial has to sink that low to get more business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMHO!!
like Adventurebry said I don't see Disney commercials saying stuff like:

If I see another Alien on a bike (E.T.) I'm gonna go blind!!

Disney doesn't have to put that stuff in there commercials because Disney has a thing called:
PURE DISNEY MAGIC!!!

P.S. I'm srry to the Universal lovers
Old 04-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Banned

There ARE NO Universal lovers....hey, let's all diss Universal by writing it like this: universal. No uppercase, no respect . OK ok, im just kidding....
Old 04-25-2006, 09:47 PM
I <3 my GREEN FLIPS!!!!!!

PrincessAsh947 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Personally, I found that commercial funny..I know it is offensive a little bit to other theme parks, but it's just advertising. I bet you if disney made a commercial that was like what Universal did you all would be like hahhahah its such a good commercial. I like both parks equally. I like the rides at universal, and the atmosphere at disney but still they are both great..

These are peoples opinions..dont get angry at them and please dont rant about how Universal and Advernture Island stink..because other people dont think that..

AS THE SAYING GOES...If you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all

in our case..dont talk bad about universal..its called ADVERTISING
Old 04-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Banned

well, Darrin Stephens is ALOT nicer than the ppl working at universal. Oh please, you're not asking me who he is, ARE YOU?????
Old 04-25-2006, 09:56 PM
<--Now Open

futuremartymcfly is covered with Confettifuturemartymcfly is covered with Confettifuturemartymcfly is covered with Confetti
ok, finn, your list of non-disney movies is honestly, kind of pathetic, if thats all you've seen, then I would strongly suggest watching more movies before criticizing the other companies like that.

And also this commercial is just advertising. Pepsi will slam coca coala, and vice versa. Proggresive will offend Geico, and vice versa, and so forth. The only difference is, disney has a larger fan base, and one that is a little more "obsessive".
Old 04-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Banned

hmph. SPAM-jk
Old 04-25-2006, 10:00 PM
hd

PrincessWall is covered with ConfettiPrincessWall is covered with ConfettiPrincessWall is covered with Confetti
Alright, I too disagree about other parks making fun of fellow competitor parks. Now, I always thought, why does Disney never make fun of any other theme park? I finally asked a family member this and they said: "Well, Disney is just SO good, they dont need to make fun of a park just to get business". Which I think is the right answer. Even though, I do believe Disney needs to get some revenge against Universal though And for all you people who say Disney is just for kids, your terribly mistaken. There are lots of things for older kids AND adults. Its called Expedition Everst and Pleasure Island for all of you who dont know. I never see many young kids on EE. Usually everyone who is on that ride is ten and up, at least, the people who I see riding it.

EDIT: Sorry, but I do think the commercial is hilarious, even though it disses my favorite theme park I love the modern day advertisments, I find them very funny. But I do back you up to a point, FinnDisney.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Banned

acevideogameadict is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i like disney and im going to universal studios tomorrow for the first time i think it will be fun and disney is fun to i think ill have just a good time at universal as at Disney i think they are both cool