Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Disney Promotion 2010.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Disney Promotion 2010.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...t-A-Disney-Day

Looks like anyone living out of the USA, Canada or Puerto Rico are excluded from next years promotion. Anyone think this will have an impact on next years figures?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Are they going to try and keep recycling the "Celebrate Today" garbage or will they try something new?

I think they should change "Celebrate Today" to "Celebrate Today, because it may be your last" and have the logo be a giant meteor.

Okay..... yeah, that was weird and stupid, but it was a joke anyway.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered+

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Exasperated
canogon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
seems like they've run out of workers.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
What an awesome idea! Way to get people to volunteer! I might take that offer up myself...

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:55 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Hmm Good idea.. xD
- ace
Old 10-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Sounds like a good idea!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:48 PM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It is a good way to get people to volunteer more, but I don't know, the theme just doesn't connect to me.

Signature by Skrik
Old 11-26-2009, 03:34 AM
Blah
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Rock Cakes is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It's a clever idea to get people to be active in volunteering in organizations. I believe the reason it is only eligible in the certain areas of North America is it would be too much of a hassle to find worldwide organizations to have people do it. I'm sure Disney is doing it in other parts of the world
Old 11-27-2009, 08:25 PM
•Dancing through life•
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Regal
Kitri has disabled reputation
Sounds like a great idea! I've already got my whole family set up.

Clickie
Thank you SoccerRyan and Pisces for being my math tutors!
Old 11-28-2009, 05:50 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
My parents and I are going to do that so we can benefit from our vacation in a few months.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:02 PM
woot woot!!! =D=D=D
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy Holidays'09 Award 

My Mood: Pixieish
soccerstarlove6 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMayhem View Post
Are they going to try and keep recycling the "Celebrate Today" garbage or will they try something new?

I think they should change "Celebrate Today" to "Celebrate Today, because it may be your last" and have the logo be a giant meteor.

Okay..... yeah, that was weird and stupid, but it was a joke anyway.
LoL i thought that was pretty funny!!!
anywaaaaaaayz...i think this is a good idea! good way to get volunteers!
Old 12-17-2009, 01:58 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
The alternate rewards for passholders leave something to be desired. At least with the birthday thing we got gift cards.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Registered+

My Mood: SaveVMK
hauntedmansionvisitor is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I know i signed up to get emails from this. I'm already signed up to help out with the marathons they are doing in January. This looked neat.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Pirate in Training @ POTC
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award 

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...t-A-Disney-Day

Looks like anyone living out of the USA, Canada or Puerto Rico are excluded from next years promotion. Anyone think this will have an impact on next years figures?
Hi Stitch! Sorry my opinion is a little late. I'm sorry that this is another promotion that is not available to my overseas friends.

I have mixed feelings on the promo. First of all, Disney is trying to raise awareness of how important it is for us volunteer. A good honorable thing that helps our communities. Something that should come from the heart and not something that we should expect a reward or praise for.

But here comes Disney, reminding us to volunteer, to meet their requirements and yes! we get a free one-day pass!! But underneath, they are still trying to make a buck. Most non-local families make a vacation out of our Disney experience spending a week or more at the parks dropping thousands of dollars on rooms, food, tickets, souviners and all sorts of great things.

The last set of multi day tickets purchased, I ended up spending about $5.50 a person to add a day. Does Disney really think that a $6 savings over the thousands we spend on the vacation will really incite people to go out and volunteer if they weren't previously inclined to do so?

Now granted, people look at the price of a one day ticket and may rant and rave. Yes, that type of savings adds up, but for the people that are not in the general area and plan to spend lots of time and money there, it's not that much of a reward.

I'll continue to volunteer quietly in my community, meeting my own requirements, having my own self-gratification, and not worry about the $6 I'll save on my next visit.

To answer your question, will the promotion affect their financials for next year? I think that their FL Resident one-day ticket sales will be down slightly, but I honestly don't think it's going to impact multi-day tickets or annual passholders either way. It's the multi day tickets where they make their money, because these people also purchase rooms, food, and more extras.