Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old About all these plans bringing VMK back

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:25 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
Disney didn't want to spend money on paying for programmers and the hosts and other required things to keep the game successful.

1. People booked DLR trips because they wanted mainly to go to Disney Land, no just for the Stitch hats.

2. People bought Disney movies because they wanted to watch a good movie, not just to get DMR.

3. People probably bought the Pirate pins because they were fans of Pirates of the Caribbean, not just to get codes.

If anyone bought these things just to get free stuff for VMK, they were crazy.
And there were quite a few. It doesn't matter if they were crazy or not for buying these, it made Disney money. There sere people who were sold on a DLR trip because of a Stitch Hat. I personally wouldn't have bought the pins without the codes, though $7 a pin is a pretty decent deal, the codes were kind of a make or break thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acefredfred View Post
You don't have to make a thread about this. Anyone can dream of it coming back and have thoughts on how to save it.
- ace
He is entitled to have his opinion just as we are entitled have ours.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:22 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefredfred View Post
You don't have to make a thread about this. Anyone can dream of it coming back and have thoughts on how to save it.
- ace
And there also doesn't have to be all these threads about how to make it come back or plans/ideas to. They could always just keep it to themselves or something.

I'm just trying to make some people face reality a little.

Not crush peoples dreams.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination View Post
And there also doesn't have to be all these threads about how to make it come back or plans/ideas to. They could always just keep it to themselves or something.

I'm just trying to make some people face reality a little.

Not crush peoples dreams.
This is the Project: Save VMK! subforum, is it not? It'd be a little pointless to discuss anything else here.

At this point, I think all of us know that there is a close-to-zero chance that VMK is going to come back. We're doing this because we want to.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Shake your I funny!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Winner Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park
My Mood: Neotenous
Deeda is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As much as it hurts to say it, I'm afraid your'e probably right. VMK has a slim-to-none chance of ever being reopened. However, I do believe that we can dream.
You'd think that with the protesting and e-mails and letters and whatever else, those "nice Disney folks" would have shown some sympathy and given it another shot. But they're not "nice Disney folks". They're corporate leaders and they are the exact same as every other corporate leader out there. Just because they're heads of a division of a company that makes sweet kids' movies and runs the "Happiest Place on Earth" they aren't going listen to a bunch of whiny kids who lost their precious game (Not that I feel that way, I'm just saying they probably do). It's about money, sweetheart. It always is.

Part of the reason most of us don't want to admit that VMK is gone is because that would make it real. That's why most people don't want to go to funerals for loved ones, because that makes it official that they're never coming back.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeda View Post
As much as it hurts to say it, I'm afraid your'e probably right. VMK has a slim-to-none chance of ever being reopened. However, I do believe that we can dream.
You'd think that with the protesting and e-mails and letters and whatever else, those "nice Disney folks" would have shown some sympathy and given it another shot. But they're not "nice Disney folks". They're corporate leaders and they are the exact same as every other corporate leader out there. Just because they're heads of a division of a company that makes sweet kids' movies and runs the "Happiest Place on Earth" they aren't going listen to a bunch of whiny kids who lost their precious game (Not that I feel that way, I'm just saying they probably do). It's about money, sweetheart. It always is.
Indeed. It IS about money. And where does Disney get this money? Their target audience. Who's their target audience?

Kids.

They're far more ready to listen than you believe. You just need to shout loud enough. We did it once before, but it was too soon: Disney would have never re-opened VMK within a year of announcing it's closure: It would have painted them as unsure about their actions, causing them to lose the trust of the other source of their money, the stockholders.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Registered+

My Mood: VMKFy
starwarzkid is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As much as it hurts me to say this, VMK is not coming back, seeing the vast majority of staff working with and on the game have moved on to other projects and games.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:01 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination View Post
I'm sorry, I dont mean to burst your bubbles. But I dont think that VMK is going to come back.

Yea, I wish it would and I love it and all. (I have all the sounds, music, and pictures on my iPod. Over 7,000 things.)

But it's already been like 2 years, I think they would've said something now, about if it was coming back or not.
I hate to say it, but I agree with yea completely. VMK ain't coming back, and we have realized it. There will be a time when Disney starts rebooting old things, like VMK for example. And even if that happens, we'll be all adults by then.