Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old :( look

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:50 AM
music+skating=kelly.o

My Mood: Confused
kelly.o is spinning in a Cursed Storm
:( look

hey guys look what i found on a vmk website
Quote:
No, I am very sorry, but at this point I don't think it ever will. Steve Wadsworth is in charge of Internet stuff for Disney and when he took over, he bascially said he closed VMK because they weren't making money from the site directly. That was his decision, and it appears he won't back down on this.

I have noticed that many people are afraid to admit it when they make mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes -- even Miley knows that -- but not everyone is willing to admit it and then decide to do better in the future.

Maybe if Mr. Wadsworth ever leaves Disney, things could be different, but, for now, Disney has no plans to re-open VMK. So, if they did decide to do it, they will publicize it over and over and over -- on television, magazines, the Internet, everwhere -- just like they did with other virtual worlds they have opened since.
idk whether 2 think its true or not..
p.s i didnt write the thing about miley

Sig was made by me Mean Green Kelly.o The flip hat crew
I wanted to be Part of your world before it was cool

Last edited by kelly.o; 01-19-2009 at 07:43 PM..
Old 01-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
Booo Steve Wadsworth!
Old 01-19-2009, 02:04 AM
•Dancing through life•
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Regal
Kitri has disabled reputation
That really put a damper on my day. Oh well. We'll move on some how. Thanks for sharing.

Clickie
Thank you SoccerRyan and Pisces for being my math tutors!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
This is the point that we've been at since May 21, 2008. Every message like this is sad, but we should not let it erase VMK from our minds.

Oh, and thanks for the Hannah Montana reference whoever wrote that. I really can't get enough of that stuff.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:07 AM
music+skating=kelly.o

true but i still cant beleive it tho we got all our hopes up now
- kelly.o

Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 

I can't believe that he would just shut the game down because it wasn't a "money-maker". I thought the saying was "The best things in life are free", but obviously it isn't anymore. If Disney wants to make more money, they should allow non-Disney Commercials. Disney hardly, if ever, has a commercial from a different company like Walmart, Barbie, Hot-Wheels, whatever. The only commercials I see when watching Disney Channel is previews of new different Disney episodes.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:02 AM
music+skating=kelly.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
I can't believe that he would just shut the game down because it wasn't a "money-maker". I thought the saying was "The best things in life are free", but obviously it isn't anymore. If Disney wants to make more money, they should allow non-Disney Commercials. Disney hardly, if ever, has a commercial from a different company like Walmart, Barbie, Hot-Wheels, whatever. The only commercials I see when watching Disney Channel is previews of new different Disney episodes.
true they think money matters more than the happyness of us

Old 01-19-2009, 01:13 PM
R.I.P. VMK
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
MagicMonkeys has disabled reputation
The thing is, I like Disney Channel better than other channels BECAUSE of the commercials they have. I just hate other commercials besides Disney ones.. the others are annoying.

~MM

P.S. Get your old ladies with purses...

Patrons to every friend, and especially to yavn, and all the staff.
See you around,
MagicMonkeys
PartlyCloudy
mostlycloudy
cloudyskys
Adventureyoll
LastHyperLime
Old 01-19-2009, 03:54 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I believe the money reason but why mention about Miley?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:51 PM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: SaveVMK
DocCalvin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Arrest him! Send him to jail!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMonkeys View Post
The thing is, I like Disney Channel better than other channels BECAUSE of the commercials they have. I just hate other commercials besides Disney ones.. the others are annoying.
I know. I like the fact that Disney Channel only has Disney commercials, but if Disney wants to blame VMK for not making any money, they should also blame DisneyChannel for not having any commercials from different companies who would have to pay top dollar to get their commercial aired.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
This is why we call him Mr.Wadofcash, and why we say Di$ney and year of a million tears
Old 01-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chululli View Post
This is why we call him Mr.Wadofcash
Epic XD

But, yes. Really disappointed in Wadsworth/Wadofcash. He tries to jump on the whole "Video games are cool!" bandwagon, makes a great product, handles it poorly, and decides to give up because he couldn't make it work without some effort on his own part.

Capitalism is great.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
I know. I like the fact that Disney Channel only has Disney commercials, but if Disney wants to blame VMK for not making any money, they should also blame DisneyChannel for not having any commercials from different companies who would have to pay top dollar to get their commercial aired.
Yes, but they don't use the Disney Channel money to pay for other things. They use the Disney Channel profit for Disney channel, the Park profit for the park,etc. Using different commercials wouldn't give vmk anymore money.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Sometimes in business,
A new leader emerges as the head/hope, of the division/company, arises.
They come full of new, (not necessarily great ideas), and will follow them to a fault.
Even to the point of purposely closing doors to distance themselves from any and all prior ideas.
Wadsworth is the cancer of Disney online.
I'm not sure how many of you actually have sampled what his dream has produced..such as the thrilling game of Pixie Hallow, (Yawn!).
I truly believe as long as he holds the reigns, VMK will not resurface.
Sometimes pride takes the place of vision.
VMK was a vision that awaits intelligent leadership to realize it's potential.
The dream lives on..
It just takes vision to see it through, which is what the current staff of Disney Online lacks still to this date.