Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support

Computer Technical Support General & VMK Related Software & Hardware support. Recommendations, Reviews and so forth.

Old Installing 'The Sims' More Than Once?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:48 AM
Blah
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Rock Cakes is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Installing 'The Sims' More Than Once?

Hey all,

Installed "The Sims 3" in my computer. Better yet, I got a notice on my computer that it didn't have enough space on the Graphics Card to support it. I am going to buy a MacBook and install it on the MacBook. But I don't know if you can install "The Sims" games more than once. Has anybody tried installing "The Sims" games (preferably in this situation, recent Sims games) on multiple computers and it has worked?

Thanks,
Rock Cakes
Old 06-21-2009, 06:21 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yes, you most definitely can install it on more than one computer. I am 99.99% sure that you will have no problems installing it on another computer (of course, the .01% comes from the possibility of glitches, etc)
Old 06-21-2009, 06:25 AM
Blah
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Rock Cakes is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Have you tried doing it? Because there is a confirmation code on the back of the manual...

Last edited by TopazR; 06-21-2009 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: trolling
Old 06-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yeah, I had issues with my older computer and brought Sims 3 onto this one - the confirmation code thing should work when you try to install it on a second computer
Old 06-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
If you uninstall it on the one computer you should be able to do it on the other..
- ace
Old 06-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I believe you can install it on as many computers as you want, but you need the disc in the computer to actually play it..
Old 08-25-2009, 04:33 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
According to my theory, I can most certainly say you can install your "Sims" games more than once, but you said on a MacBook. I don't think your "The Sims 3" game supports Mac yet. In order to get it to work, you gotta buy the version for the Mac (Which I don't think is released). Besides that, you can install it in any PC (Windows-based computers).