Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old Open VMK

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yeah that's what I was talking about. They fired her, and openly told everyone they fired her but that they were still investigating. Now the investigation turns out that Amy didn't do anything. That's why I said it was unprofessional. We'll see how it works out.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Look over there --->
yumsse is spinning in a Cursed Storm
And now Grace has deleted her own announcement clearing Amy's name. Perhaps my tinfoil hat is on too tight, but between this, almost banning me for discussing Disney's copyright, and her deleting of countless threads she simply doesn't like, I'm under the impression that Grace is a textbook control freak who set up Amy.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
No I agree, this is starting to look like a real mess. Definitely, and obviously, the best attempt at recreating VMK but it looks like it's falling down. Especially that they tried to ban you for discussing Disney's copyright. Clearly they have no way that they could stay active once Disney eventually shuts them down. So basically they're just trying to hide it from their members for as long as possible that they could be shut down at any second.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Arrow

Ok, as of right now I have checked and both websites Open VMK and Open VMK forums are shut down cold. It is odd to have both of them down at the same time. In light of many of the events of this week I am only thinking the worse. This is all looking like all the other failed VMK projects in the last 5 years that fell. If these people do not have one mind and work together in peace this will never be a reality. The fact that someone was fired based on suspected 'malicious files' and then an investigation gets underway sounds somewhat dishonest for people running an online game like Open VMK. I hope they get their act together or this dream will become a nightmare.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:40 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
GPDOT? No way!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:21 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

luckyone is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Seems like Amy is making her own vmk, so we might end with 2 vmks LOL it is called MMK or something like that
Old 09-17-2013, 06:48 AM
I will never grow-up
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: VMK
autoalice is floating through Inner Space
It was fantastic to see the few hours worth of glimpses we managed to get into VMK the week it lasted. It was so glitchy and down so much that it was never a whole lot of time though. I never went into it thinking it was going to be a permanent thing. Too many legal reasons it could never last. Even if Amy gets it up and running, Disney is within all rights to pull it.
Maybe if we get the attention of Disney they will see how devoted the fans of VMK really are and have been all these years. Maybe they will see that they still have a market for it if they brought it back.
I like that thought. I am going to go with that now.

Last edited by autoalice; 09-17-2013 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-18-2013, 03:24 AM
Look over there --->
yumsse is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nick has confirmed that Open VMK is definitely dead. An incredibly sad day for such an ambitious project that was the first to actually succeed, if only for mere days. Frustrating...

At least we have Amy. She has the source code and the donation money from Open VMK, so I have faith in MMK.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:23 AM
Registered+

My Mood: VMK
Gamecrazy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As announced in-game and on the main site, Open VMK has closed it's gates for the last time.

They also said the same thing VMK said when it closed "As mickey says, see you real soon!" but the funny thing is I'm pretty sure we wont being seeing Nick or Grace on MMK.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was there and I saw it too. Oh well, I hope the next re-make is on longer than a week or more. Much luck to Amy and MMK.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:35 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
In which O-VMK is now C-VMK. Can't say I'm surprised, seeing as to how many times I logged on to it being down for 'Maintenance.' I got to play it for short periods of time over the course of two days; it was nice while it lasted.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Sad to see VMKF's fall.
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Joy To The World 

VIP
My Mood: Bahahaha
aceastrofan ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Apparently MMK (or MVMK) is opening. Amy is in charge. Hope it lasts.
Thanks to everyone for almost 8 years of fun on VMKF. The arcade has gotten me through years of boredom, and posting on here during the run of VMK made me feel like having a separate, gaming family. It's been a blast, and while most of you won't see this, I say that it's been fun. Thanks for everything! aceastrofan out!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Balanced
astrotuckerman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Mvmk is about now, and the server has been open for a while already during testing. My name is Astro in-game by the way.

Last edited by Lilys; 09-26-2013 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: Advertising
Old 09-24-2013, 04:49 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Grumpyy
wombat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Could somebody post a link or a address for MVMK or MMK, whichever it is going by?
Old 09-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Sad to see VMKF's fall.
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Joy To The World 

VIP
My Mood: Bahahaha
aceastrofan ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Nice to see it open
Thanks to everyone for almost 8 years of fun on VMKF. The arcade has gotten me through years of boredom, and posting on here during the run of VMK made me feel like having a separate, gaming family. It's been a blast, and while most of you won't see this, I say that it's been fun. Thanks for everything! aceastrofan out!