Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Films

Disney Films Once upon a time, before the evil Shareholders came along and ruined everything, Disney made movies like THIS...>>*<<

Old Johnny Depp signed on for Pirates 4, Alice in Wonderland, and The Lone Ranger

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Johnny Depp signed on for Pirates 4, Alice in Wonderland, and The Lone Ranger

Johnny Depp article:

Quote:
Johnny Depp has signed on to do a fourth installment of the hugely successful "Pirates of the Caribbean" films, the Walt Disney Co. has announced.

At a star-studded showcase on Thursday in Los Angeles, Disney also disclosed that Depp, 45, is slated to play the sidekick Tonto in Jerry Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" and the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland." The company didn't say when the films would be released.

The first three "Pirates" movies, starring Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, have garnered $1.62 billion in worldwide ticket sales and collectively cost $665 million to make, according to Internet Movie Database Inc. The newly announced films will make up for weakness in advertising and at Disney's theme parks, said Jason Helfstein, an analyst at Oppenheimer & Co. in New York.

This story was supplemented by wire reports.

The Lone Ranger article:

Quote:
Pirates Of The Caribbean producer Jerry Bruckheimer is set to give 1956 classic "The Lone Ranger" a Disney twist in a modern remake. Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio, the screenwriting pair behind the Pirates trilogy, are in final talks to reteam with Bruckheimer and Disney to bring the masked hero to the big screen, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The Lone Ranger started off as a radio show in the 1930s and spurned numerous TV spin-offs and movies, including the 1956 film starring Clayton Moore. The story follows the adventures of the Ranger, his white stallion Silver and his American Indian sidekick Tonto, as they attempt to bring local criminals to justice.

The crusader's last silver screen outing was in 1981's The Legend Of The Lone Ranger, but the film bombed so badly at the box office, the movie's star Klinton Spilsbury never worked in Hollywood again.
In the end Johnny Depp has signed on to do these characters:

Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (Disney)
Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (Disney)
Tonto in Jerry Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" (Disney)
Old 09-27-2008, 12:55 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I heard about the Alice in Wonderland.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:00 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Hmm... So Johnny Depp seems to like Jerry Bruckheimer now? We all know he's done a lot with Tim Burton xD
Old 09-27-2008, 03:15 AM
Gone
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 12

Fairy has disabled reputation
Oooo. Alice in wonderland sounds so good. xD

And pirates 4? sounds intresting
Old 09-27-2008, 03:35 AM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

DiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their head
i was like "there's going to be a pirates 4?" lol
Old 09-27-2008, 03:41 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
YAY PIRATES 4.. alice in wonderland......... O_o LOL

Old 09-27-2008, 12:55 PM
I have no idea..... again

Blooregard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Seems I gotta ketchup on my Pirate movies.. Oh well, nice news slinkyman!
Old 09-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 

VIP
My Mood: Curmudgeon
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
I would have liked Chuck Norris for Alice in wonderland.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:18 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
45?!?!?!?! I never knew he was that old!!!! ♥Purps♥

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-27-2008 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: personal information/contraversial subject
Old 09-27-2008, 08:45 PM
K- Boom Boom [Pow!]
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Bahahaha
CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
He's 45???????????!!!! What????

*CoolStormyStar*
Thanks aggie for the awesome userbar!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Gosh a fourth one? The first one was really good then after that, they sort of got old fast. As usual disney is way over using another movie.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:06 PM
(: peace && <3
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Born In Park Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
MzDiamondBubbles is as Frosty as a Snowman
what the...ok i know i didnt change my look of the page but whats wrong with the page?! its like all pink and bubbley!!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzDiamondPirate View Post
what the...ok i know i didnt change my look of the page but whats wrong with the page?! its like all pink and bubbley!!!!!
Batleth had/has a perfectly good answer for that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth View Post
We've made quite a few changes around the forums. As you can see Site feedback and Rants are re-opened to new postings. Moved around quite a few of the forums, added the VMK Remembered forum, and will be doing a new highlight thread each week in the news called "This week in VMK".

VMK Remembered is for discussion about your gaming experience in VMK. Where you can share your memories of VMK with your friends here on the forums. We've all had our good times on VMK and felt this was a good way to honor it's memory.

"This Week in VMK", will be a weekly thread highlighting the items that were released in the different weeks by VMK. Up will be posting these in the News and including links back to DOW incase anyone wanted more info on some items. Feel free to join in the discussion about those items each week. We all had quite a few things in VMK and now we can share some discussion about them with each other. This thread has it's own archive forum as well. So if you miss any weeks, you can still find them easily.

We've moved around some forums to hopefully make navigating around the site a little easier and highlighting some different forums. We have created a forum just for all the closed gaming threads incase anyone would want to browse through those, but make it so they aren't so predominant for everyone.

A special note here about the Disney Fan Club forums. When you navigate to those forums, you will be automatically change to the Disney Fan Club skin. Don't worry, it won't stay that way. Once you go outside those forums, you'll be back to the skin you have chosen to view. Don't want to alarm anyone when they experience this slight change to the forums.

We hope everyone likes the new changes. Enjoy!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:29 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Gosh a fourth one? The first one was really good then after that, they sort of got old fast. As usual disney is way over using another movie.
In my opinion it's great. I liked the first one, the second one did absolutely nothing for me, and I really liked the third one. I could see this becoming the new Star Wars with many movies, and I am perfectly fine with that.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:02 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
The " Star Wars " series was very good. Though I am not a huge fan of " Star Wars " it was very good.
- acefredfred