Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Disney Vacation Club

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Awkward
jamiewe is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Disney Vacation Club

What is disney vacation club? sorry i was just curious since i have never been to WDW lol
Old 03-01-2008, 12:34 PM
¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

AlexKZ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Disney vacation Club (DVC) is a time share program for disney. When you first sign up, you buy "X" amount of points to use for park tickets, cruise tickets, ect. Each year you get another "X" amount. You also choose your DVC resort (In this case, its Old Key West for me.) There are many locations to choose including: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, and many others around the south east.

That's all I'll say, because I'm not in charge of my family's DVC stuff. Maybe mother people here will tell you more about it.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I am not a member of disney vacation club, but my parents researched it and said its alot cheaper to just get an anual pass and stay at a resort you want to stay at. With DVC you never know how many days you could go one year you could go for a week the next you may go for two days.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Mega Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Wishful
bluecruiser is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I am not a member of disney vacation club, but my parents researched it and said its alot cheaper to just get an anual pass and stay at a resort you want to stay at.
It really depends on what type of Walt Disney World resort you would normally stay at when you go. If you usually stay at the Value resorts (All Stars or Pop Century), Disney Vacation Club (DVC) would not be worth it because the Value resorts are cheaper.

On the other hand, if you stay at the other Disney resort types, such as Moderate and Deluxe, DVC would probably save you money over the long term.

You have two costs with DVC - the initial purchase price as well as annual dues. The break-even point is typically 7-9 years depending on which Disney hotel category you normally stay at.

Also, annual fees can increase from year to year, but there is a limit as to how much the increase can be from one year to the next.

Quote:
With DVC you never know how many days you could go one year you could go for a week the next you may go for two days.
Not true. The total number of points it takes to stay at a given DVC resort does not change from year to year. Disney can "tweak" the points some, but if they raise the points for a certain time of the year, they have to lower it for the same resort at some other time that year, so that the total points overall does not change.

So points can vary from year to year, but if you are staying at the same DVC resort two years in a row, at the same time of the year, it is unlikely that the same number of points would get you 7 days one year and only 2 days the next year.

Note - I'm a new DVC owner, so I'm sure that other people who have been with DVC longer may have more to add to the discussion
Old 03-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Can you please show some sources?
Old 03-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
I am not a member of disney vacation club, but my parents researched it and said its alot cheaper to just get an anual pass and stay at a resort you want to stay at. With DVC you never know how many days you could go one year you could go for a week the next you may go for two days.
1 anual Passes cost OVER $300.

2 it could be cheeper and i could not in the DVC You are staying at some of the best hotels ( My Opinon ) the only thing for DVC u have to pay for are dues. Not Everyone Dues Are the same.

3. You can go for along as you want. If You have the Points. You Can save Borrow And Buy Point to say. Like old key west points are like 8 points a night. Depending When you go.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Grumpyy
wombat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Can you please show some sources?
http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/index
Old 03-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
With annual passes you can go multiple times a year and have discounts at a few restaruants. I dont believe you can go that often for that cheap with DVC. Wombat can you find a link that more specific, because I am helping with ride a thon and dont really have time to look.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Give A Little Whistle...

My Mood: Bighug
vanillabug is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
With annual passes you can go multiple times a year and have discounts at a few restaruants. I dont believe you can go that often for that cheap with DVC. Wombat can you find a link that more specific, because I am helping with ride a thon and dont really have time to look.
I'm new to the DVC (some of you long time owners can correct me if I'm wrong). The DVC is for Hotels and such, not Park entrance tickets. You can get a discount on Annual Passes for WDW when you are a DVC owner, but you don't get tickets to the park with your DVC points. You would still need to buy tickets or passes or whatever. The points are for your hotel/villa/cruise.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Im going to add what vanillabug you can get disconts on some places
Old 03-02-2008, 01:28 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillabug View Post
I'm new to the DVC (some of you long time owners can correct me if I'm wrong). The DVC is for Hotels and such, not Park entrance tickets. You can get a discount on Annual Passes for WDW when you are a DVC owner, but you don't get tickets to the park with your DVC points. You would still need to buy tickets or passes or whatever. The points are for your hotel/villa/cruise.
Last time we bought AP's it was $100 off each ticket. We usually get 13-18 days a year with thw AP. This year we will be doing our second 4 day cruise, so there is alot of flexability in DVC ownership.

As far as more specific websites, you'll have to do that on your own. There are hundreds of them out there.

Wombat
Old 03-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Oh thanks sorry my mistake, still seems like an awful lot for 13-18 days a year, but thats just me.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
Oh thanks sorry my mistake, still seems like an awful lot for 13-18 days a year, but thats just me.
$300 is alot for 18 days admission to the 4 theme parks? I need to find where you are buying tickets.

Wombat
Old 03-02-2008, 01:53 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Its alot more in the long run to get tickets with DVC, and you are confusing me...
Old 03-02-2008, 02:09 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
Its alot more in the long run to get tickets with DVC, and you are confusing me...
As has been stated several times by others in this thread, DVC is only for resort rooms, Cruise cabins and things like that. DVC points are not used for park admission or anything else, but being a member of DVC entitles you to buy annual passes at a discount price, which is another benefit you have to look at when considering the price.

Let me break the cost down a little further. We bought a 50 year contract for $12,000. So that is $240 a year for the points. Our dues for this year was around $600. So that is a cost of $840 this year. We can stay for a week at the Beach Club (a $400 a night room-$2800 if we were paying) for nothing plus I would get $ 200 off annual passes with the discount.

So for $840 I am gettting $3000 worth of discounts and accomadations.

I hope that clears it up, and I hope I am clearer in what I am trying to say. Sometimes when I am typing things don't come out the right way or the way I mean them to.

Wombat