Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Updates/Changes

Site Updates/Changes Information from the admins about changes to VMKF's site and content.

Old User Info Changes

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Busy
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Exclamation User Info Changes

1. Added the following new profile fields:
    • My Badges
    • My Favorite VMK Activity
    • My Favorite VMK Land
    • My Favorite Public Area
    • My Favorite VMK Shop
    • My Favorite VMK Mini-Game
    • My Favorite NPC
    • My Favorite VMK Guest Room
    • My Favorite Magic Pin
    • My Favorite Pin
    • My Favorite VMK Hat
    • My Favorite Costume
    • My Favorite Furniture
    • My Favorite Poster
    • My VMK Rooms
  2. Added a "Location" field that is a drop down menu of pre-set locations. Location field replaced on posts and user profiles.
  3. Age removed from mini statistics on user profiles.
  4. Homepage field completely removed.
  5. Removed various other fields which could give away too much user personal info.
  6. IMs removed from posts. Now only displays on user profiles since we can control who sees user profiles.
Many of these changes were done to increase security for our users personal information. Some were done due to constant violations found in these fields. Others such as some of the new fields were added just for something fun for our users. Yes, these changes will take some of the work load off our mods as well. Many would spend a lot of time reviewing user's profiles for violations and having to deal with those instead of reviewing posts as they should be mainly working on.

We fully understand while some of these changes may be popular that some others may not be. You do have the right to complain but these are the changes made and they won't be reversed at this point. We're very sorry if you are unhappy with these changes but we feel the benifits will out weigh hindering our user's creativity. This is something that the entire admin staff has been considering doing for some time now. If you are a member of our other sites, you will soon be seeing the same changes taking effect on them as well.

Yes, we will consider taking suggestions for the new drop down menu fields. More will probably be added as the game is developed as well. Keep in mind that we are looking for game or forum related topics to be added. All submissions will be considered by the admin staff and then decided on whether to be used or not.