Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old My Computer Won't Turn On Correctly!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Blah
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Rock Cakes is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My Computer Won't Turn On Correctly!

I just downloaded something on my laptop and it told me to restart it so the program would work correctly. I restart it and once its all done with the other stuff, it shows me a blue screen. And I click everything on my keyboard and my mouse and it still won't take me to my desktop. I already tried holding the power button and then turning my computer on again but it just keeps saying the SAME thing. I don't know what I can do. PLEASE HELP!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:17 PM
gone with the wind.

My Mood: Annoyed
MissInformed is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Eek. Sounds like "The Blue Screen of Death." Does it say on the screen "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage from your computer"? If so, my friend, your computer has a critical system error that causes the system to shut down. Forever.

D=
Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Blah
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissInformed View Post
Eek. Sounds like "The Blue Screen of Death." Does it say on the screen "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage from your computer"? If so, my friend, your computer has a critical system error that causes the system to shut down. Forever.

D=
Yes. But how would you know if it would be shut down forever? O_O I don't want negativity, unless that is REALLY the only choice I have - to throw away my laptop.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Gotta go...
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKFy
TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!
Have you tried starting the computer in safe mode? If it will run in safe mode, you may be able to undo whatever is ailing the machine.
  1. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with an Advanced Options menu.
  2. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
  3. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
Sometimes, just booting into safe mode and shutting down normally will allow you to start normally the next time.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:41 AM
scene kid?hah
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Dreamy
Mizz.V is spinning in a Cursed Storm
sounds like you got the virus. take your labtop to bestbuy, they'll fix it. what was the program you used. its okay if you can't post it due to the advertisment rule.

-v
Old 02-28-2009, 02:04 AM
Blah
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooHip View Post
Have you tried starting the computer in safe mode? If it will run in safe mode, you may be able to undo whatever is ailing the machine.
  1. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with an Advanced Options menu.
  2. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
  3. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
Sometimes, just booting into safe mode and shutting down normally will allow you to start normally the next time.
So you're saying all I have to do is put it on safe mode and then restart my computer and there won't be a blue screen anymore and my computer will work properly again? If so, is it best to delete the program I downloaded?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Long time no see, VMK F.

CooCody is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissInformed View Post

D=
Actually, not forever.

When i had a virus (it's gone now) i got the BSOD. My computer is fine.
You probably have a virus that messed with your regristry keys.
Or your computer is REALLY messed up.
That's all i can tell you. Sorry.

Support VMK V2! I had a dream about a user made VMK! Message me if you want to help!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:55 PM
!Moar!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

iRaccoon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Try to restart your computer. I got the Blue Screen and i just restarted it and it was up and running