Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old iTunes Window Won't Stay Opened. What Should I Do?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:01 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
Question iTunes Window Won't Stay Opened. What Should I Do?

1. I downloaded iTunes 8.0.2.20 from Apple's Website.
2. I click on the iTunes.exe to install it.
3. It opens up the below window, then I hit "Next"
4. I Agree to the License Agreement, then follow other installation options.

!The Problem!
5. The Installation then is complete and I open iTunes. It opens "iTunes Software License Agreement" for only 1 second, then it closes.
I reopen iTunes many times, but it only stays on the iTunes License Agreement for one second no matter how many times I open it.
I have redownloaded the iTunes program 2 times already but it still gives me the same problem.

What should I do?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:09 AM
AAR!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

AAR_Fan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The same thing happened to me once, if you try getting rid of unnecessary programs on your computer it may work better. Or try reinstalling it.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR_Fan View Post
The same thing happened to me once, if you try getting rid of unnecessary programs on your computer it may work better. Or try reinstalling it.
I have tried reinstalling many times, but I will try again. I have also deleted some programs from my computer. I disabled my Firewall also to see if that would work, and it didn't
Old 01-19-2009, 02:44 AM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 

DiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Hmm... when you install it, did you make sure EVERY application is closed? You can't have ANY application open AT ALL when installing iTunes. Not even your Web Browser.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:58 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase

I thought I had all of my applications closed. But, I will try again
Old 01-20-2009, 11:12 PM
-Insert Title Here-
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Procastinating
SonicBoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
Yeah, do what Meme said.

Apparently iTunes is getting faulty :P
Old 01-21-2009, 12:18 AM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 

DiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their head
hehe... I haven't had that problem, but I am my own Tech Support...

Let me know if it still acts up
Old 01-21-2009, 12:41 AM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
If you have any applications that are connected to the internet even if closed then they would interfere. I have weather desktop and certain scanners that are constantly connected the internet and have to close them when installing. If that doesnt work, then completely uninstall itunes and reinstall from the site. Depending on the location of your music, it shouldnt delete it. Another problem may be with the file's state of being between its home source and your computer. I would suggest rebooting your computer also to close everything and let it all restart after rebooting. Good luck, if you have any questions let me know.