Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Is VMK Central still open

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: VMK
punkpat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Is VMK Central still open

I don't know`if this goes here but I am going to disney soon is VMK central still open somewhre.

sorry for bad grammer this keyboard i am typing on is horriable.

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 11-26-2007 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: removed personal information- trip dates/ current location
Old 11-25-2007, 02:57 PM
WDW Tours Provided Daily!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Stunt is floating through Inner Space
No closed down two months ago.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: VMK
punkpat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
but a guy said that he asked a worker and they said they are just moving to tomorrowland.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

targ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
was misinformed
Old 12-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 1

iImagine ’s Autopia has run out of gas
It's closed. The plan was to move to Tomorrowland, into the Power Station, but there hasn't been any recent news of this. The whole plan may have been abandoned due to the lack of revenue that VMK generates.

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 12-20-2007 at 08:02 AM..
Old 12-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
I believe the reason Walt Disney World's VMK Central left was that the Art of Disney (previously located inside Cinderella's Castle) needed to be moved somewhere else in the Magic Kingdom. The Main Street Cinema has now opened it's doors as the new Art of Disney. There are no plans/permits that VMK Central is going anywhere else in the Magic Kingdom. A reason that Disneylands stopped it's quest was due to the Magic Kingdom. I believe that the Art of Disney was suppose to be moved earlier - but then was delayed after they had already set an ending for Disneyland's VMK Central Kiosk. So that caused the reason for Disneyland's VMK Central closing before Walt Disney World's. Some of this is factual other is my opinion.

So.. no - it is not open any longer.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

iImagine ’s Autopia has run out of gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyman View Post
I believe the reason Walt Disney World's VMK Central left was that the Art of Disney (previously located inside Cinderella's Castle) needed to be moved somewhere else in the Magic Kingdom. The Main Street Cinema has now opened it's doors as the new Art of Disney. There are no plans/permits that VMK Central is going anywhere else in the Magic Kingdom. A reason that Disneylands stopped it's quest was due to the Magic Kingdom. I believe that the Art of Disney was suppose to be moved earlier - but then was delayed after they had already set an ending for Disneyland's VMK Central Kiosk. So that caused the reason for Disneyland's VMK Central closing before Walt Disney World's. Some of this is factual other is my opinion.

So.. no - it is not open any longer.

The reason that the Art of Disney had to be moved was because they wanted to put a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the castle where AoD had been. The Main Street Cinema was a prime location because VMK is a game that doesn't generate really any revenue for Disney and there isn't any profitable reason for there to be a VMK Central anymore.