Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Dining With An Imagineer

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:17 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Dining With An Imagineer

As you all should and probably do know, WDW has a lunch program where you can eat with Disney Imagineers. You can choose either to eat at Artist's Point Cafe or The Hollywood Brown Derby. I just ate last week, and I thought that some of you guys might like to know about it before they stop doing this program. Before I get started I must tell you this was a very interesting experience. So let me tell you all about some of the things that happened and give you suggestions if you ever do this program:

TIPS:

1). This is a 4 course meal. You get a beverage, two appetizers, a choice of a meal out of 3 choices to choose from, and desert.
2). Plan questions out ahead of time. After all, it helps to be prepared.
3). Make sure you don't have too much to eat before you eat with the imagineer.

My Experience:

I asked a lot of questions, but I won't tell you all of them, just some unless you want me to. I first asked if they are thinking about updating the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror. The Imagineer told us that they have an Imagineer that has a special profile for the ride, except he's "out-of-town", but when he gets back they might upgrade it. My next question was about Beastly Kingdom. As many of you know it was supposed to be where Camp Mickey-Minnie is now, but they apperently might be bringing it back. Also I asked about the boat ride that used to be at AK(Animal Kingdom), and she actually rode the boat ride. Their was suppose to be a fire-breating dragon and an-almost octupus attack, but of corse they did get rid of it. I also asked about the new ride coming to MGM, but she couldn't tell us much about it, because they don't want anyone to know to much about it yet, except for what they already released. I even found out an interesting fact about Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror, but I will not say what it is most likely.

After the meal is over they give you nice glass plate-like plates to take home signed by the imagineer. I might tell more soon!

Mods, if this has already been posted, please remove this.

-Stitchco
Old 03-26-2007, 09:46 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Sounds like fun! I hadn't heard about this opportunity. I've eaten with characters before, but never with imagineers. I'll have to look into it on my next trip to Walt Disney World.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
loves youu<33
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Wishful
PrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with Confetti
Wow! That sounds like an Awesome Experience!
I hope I get to try this some day!

Thanks for the Great Info!

Carrie
Old 03-27-2007, 12:07 AM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
That is very cool. Actually Im going to be doing the same thing this coming week or so because im going to be down there. It sounds like fun and thanks.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:46 AM
Smile, your on camara
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

camara is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
Sounds like fun! I hadn't heard about this opportunity. I've eaten with characters before, but never with imagineers. I'll have to look into it on my next trip to Walt Disney World.
Same, this is my chance to learn about WDW in a whole new way...as well as present some ideas to the Imagineer.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:25 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Just more proof that, despite the fact us Californians had the first Disney park, you guys get all the cool stuff since hotels didn't decide to build themselves around you and eat all your space. Yay!

We got the COOL space mountain, though :P
Old 03-31-2007, 10:43 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
Just more proof that, despite the fact us Californians had the first Disney park, you guys get all the cool stuff since hotels didn't decide to build themselves around you and eat all your space. Yay!
Oh, they would have, if Disney hadn't thought ahead this time and bought all the space himself!
Old 03-31-2007, 05:46 PM
:Dough..

My Mood: Curmudgeon
lol is spinning in a Cursed Storm
@_@ Dang! If only it was in California!! Never will I be able to travel to WDW again, for a while, but Disneyland on the other hand, atleast every month!

Sounds really fun!!

I've always wanted to be an imaginear, that was what I said I wanted to be, when my parents asked me 'what I want to do when I grow up'.

Siggi Picture made by .:Blue:.
:3
Old 03-31-2007, 05:48 PM
<--minnie's fridge!!! :)

disnyfreek is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I had heard about this, but i wasn't sure if they still did it or not. That's awesome that you got a chance to do that. If you don't mind all my questions, When is it ending? How much does it cost? what's the max number of people that you can have in your party? How can I make arrangements for it? Is there a link for it?
Old 03-31-2007, 05:54 PM
•Dancing through life•
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Regal
Kitri has disabled reputation
Great info! Sounds like you had a good time
Old 03-31-2007, 06:21 PM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
what do you have to do to eat with an imagineer?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:20 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disnyfreek View Post
I had heard about this, but i wasn't sure if they still did it or not. That's awesome that you got a chance to do that. If you don't mind all my questions, When is it ending? How much does it cost? what's the max number of people that you can have in your party? How can I make arrangements for it? Is there a link for it?
1). It will end sometime at the end of this year or next year, so make reservatios ASAP!!!!!
2). It costs about $60.99 per person for adults and $34.00 for kids ages 3-9 for lunch, which includes a four course meal and a "plate-like thing" which the Imagineer signs for you.
3). You can only have up to 2-10 people.
4). You can make arrangements by calling the normal WDW dining hotline which is 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463)
5). This is only held on Mondays(sometimes), Wednesdays, and Firdays.
6). Reserve up to 30 days in advance!!!

AND 1 last thing:

Ask about the Library in the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror. hehe
-Stitchco
Old 04-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Future Imagineer

rollercoasterfan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Lucky!

Thanks for posting this! I wish that I could do something like this. Was there any more interesting answers that you got? I am really curious about those kind of things!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:45 PM
U know me as another ;)

BonoGirl ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Thank so much for the info. I think I will have to plan for this now.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Sock Monkey

RocketMountain is spinning in a Cursed Storm
If you don't mind what was the Imagineers name?