Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Disney - Sued!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:00 PM
EKB's Pirate Skeleton
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 17

Rattlebones has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGatsby View Post
No it isn't.

If someone knowingly steals something you wrote, it's morally wrong. But if you did not copyright it through the Copyright Office, then that person did not break any copyright laws.
Well, that's not exactly correct... Absence of a copyright notice does not mean that the work is not covered by copyright. The creator of an original work instantaneously possesses its copyright when that work is created through "mental labor" and "fixed" in tangible form. Thus, a natural copyright exists from the time a work is invented or created, regardless of whether it has been registered with a particular Copyright Office.

The following comes directly from the USA Government website regarding copyright
Quote:
No publication or registration or other action in the Copyright Office is required to secure copyright. There are, however, certain definite advantages to registration.

Copyright is secured automatically when the work is created, and a work is “created” when it is fixed in a copy or phonorecord for the first time. “Copies” are material objects from which a work can be read or visually perceived either directly or with the aid of a machine or device, such as books, manuscripts, sheet music, film, videotape, or microfilm. “Phonorecords” are material objects embodying fixations of sounds (excluding, by statutory definition, motion picture soundtracks), such as cassette tapes, CDs, or LPs. Thus, for example, a song (the “work”) can be fixed in sheet music (“copies”) or in phonograph disks (“phonorecords”), or both. If a work is prepared over a period of time, the part of the work that is fixed on a particular date constitutes the created work as of that date.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Peggo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
People just can't resist suing Disney. Noone hardly ever succeeds, but I guess they have to try.
They didn't have a problem when their films were about fairey tales. Public Domain. The whole Lion King thing was very disallusional for me.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Vampire Slayer.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: annoying
SVU-Sam is as Frosty as a Snowman
Honestly, I think Hannah Montana is a copy of Secrets of My Hollywood Life.