Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) > Wiki Archive

Old How to handle prizes from Treasure Detector (and Treasure Chest)?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:56 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
How to handle prizes from Treasure Detector (and Treasure Chest)?

With more and different stuff showing up from Treasure Detector Magic (TDM), I feel like we need to be recording this better in the wiki, to help reduce people from getting scammed with items that might not be as rare as they think.

I just edited the Sorcerer Mickey Hat entry, but I'm not really happy with it - I don't feel like it correctly represents that this is now from TDM, and just how easy that TDM is to get.

Anyone have any better ideas? (Not to mention a list of what we need to flag.)

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Born to Ride

ASuperStitch is covered with ConfettiASuperStitch is covered with ConfettiASuperStitch is covered with Confetti
Great point. Not that this item is even remotely rare but I did get a tiki tiki fountain and a friend got buried in treasure magic. For now those are the only other two items I know of first hand other than credits.

edit: If you can't get to it I will see if I can but it would be very late.

Are you sure what you are saying or doing is allowed? Check the Forum Rules and Regulations to be sure!
Do you play ToonTown? Check the Wiki for everything you need to know about Toontown!
For everthing VMK go to the Wiki
Old 03-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
I think we should go through the thread that was made about what people are earning from the magic, and create a brand new page on the wiki.

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide
Old 03-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Dance, water, dance!

Mix is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You might want to check my post near the end of the thread that compiles what everyone got.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Born to Ride

ASuperStitch is covered with ConfettiASuperStitch is covered with ConfettiASuperStitch is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoofy View Post
I think we should go through the thread that was made about what people are earning from the magic, and create a brand new page on the wiki.
Now that's a good option. My first thought or concern though is the credibilty of the post we might use to say this was won with the Treasure Detector Magic Pin. There do seem to be some (maybe only a few) that might lead us to believe they got an item that they really did not get, for example Inferno Magic? I have seen that offered up by someone as a reward they claim to have received or know "someone" else that received it.

Granted this is all virtual but would think a certain disclaimer might be in order as to not lead people to believe something that we can't prove is fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mix View Post
You might want to check my post near the end of the thread that compiles what everyone got.
That would be one of the first places to look, thanks for your work in compiling this list.

Are you sure what you are saying or doing is allowed? Check the Forum Rules and Regulations to be sure!
Do you play ToonTown? Check the Wiki for everything you need to know about Toontown!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Click Click Boom
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 

Thenishall is floating through Inner Space
I would suggest just simply creating an extra page on all the prizes given out.
On the description of TDM magic, just say "Click here for all the prizes given"
Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoofy View Post
create a brand new page on the wiki.
The problem with this is that its not where people will look if they're trying to get the value of an item. They'll start by looking at the item's page.

I'll give an example - today in chat someone asked about the re-release of the other animal pins. They had looked at the wiki, but there was no mention of them there.

They didn't know that the Zebra pin was re-released as part of a Q quest the other night, and the wiki didn't report this information. The didn't even know the quest was there that night.

So while it might be fine to create that page or, even better, make it part of the Treasure Detector Magic Single Use Pin page (take a look - tell me what you think), the items must have some notation somehow that directs us there.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Born to Ride

Sweet, that seems to cover all the bases.

To quote the speed chat from TT "You Rock", very nice job