Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old 4/07/08 - Yavn Speaks: VMK CLOSES FOR GOOD!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:19 AM
SAVE VMK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SweetSammi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
omg!??!!?!

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-08-2008 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Size
Old 04-08-2008, 02:21 AM
Banned

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Dreaming
supernov is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well I just emailed the online group this:
Quote:
I hate that you are closing down VMK. It is a great game. It was always a good money maker even though it was not pay to play. If you need to make it pay to play then do that. People would go to Disne, buy the ceral, etc. for VMK. It has been 3 years. Thats 3 years of memories. It's like a part of peoples lives. I mean if you have a friend for 3 years you just don't get rid of them. I mean if you go like at VMK Fan Site and see how many people are upset maybe you would rethink this. I know now that Disney has been moved to the bottom of many people's favorite list and many will be looking for another company to support or even become more loyal too. VMK was award winning material. It showed parents Disney knew how to be safe online and teach kids online safety. If you can't keep something that has become like a best friend to some people then why should we keep Disney as our favorite company?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:09 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Kit is spinning in a Cursed Storm
May I humbly suggest people print off this entire thread and mail the hard copy to the address at the beginning.

And get people like Ridley the author in on this!

-Kit
Old 04-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Pocahontas Fan
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Bashfull
Slamina is covered with ConfettiSlamina is covered with ConfettiSlamina is covered with Confetti
dude.. Im gonna miss all of you so much! I'll never forget any of you. I just wish we could have a year warning or something.. but a month and a half? that's totally weak
Old 04-08-2008, 10:57 PM
.:Remember:.
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
cookiefairy is as Frosty as a Snowman

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All my friends, please contact me pm! Please, I want to keep in contact.
This can't be real!
Arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Agreed, but uhm, this game isn't even worth waiting to be erased on may 21, might as well quit now, u would just be WASTING ur life, U could probably make some good money helping out neighbors in the time it takes vmk to close, for all we know yavn could of lied about this to, and tomorrow it would be closed, and just a correction, uhm making the best of our last 2-3 weeks together would b ok, just not very encouraging, even thinking about vmk just makes me so angry, on the bright side, yavn is very persuasive, he lies easily.. I'm beginning to wonder if this yavn guy works for disney as a jail keeper..
Uhm, WHAT has Yavn lied about. And I hope you know that things coming out on time doesn't count - he can't control that.
And if you don't care about vmk, then why are you on it and here?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pixieish
princesstinkgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow. That's all I can think of to say.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

NASAMan is covered with ConfettiNASAMan is covered with ConfettiNASAMan is covered with Confetti
Virtual is dead, long live realty!

I will miss the friends and fun, but look forward to all the time I'll now have for other things!

CL_NASAMan on VMK AKA 'Rocket' or 'RocketBoy'
Old 04-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
VMK has stopped new account creation! They are no longer accepting new accounts.

Check out my VMK memory that was featured in the VMK Newsletter right here.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:53 AM
there's always my way...

My Mood: Wishful
CaptnGracey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This has been coming since they bought Club Penguin. It is not practical to have both games, but still a shame.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:56 AM
I loveee you.♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Happy St. Patrick's Day 

My Mood: Cheerful
SemmaSweetie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
some people would even think it'd evn be like - 5 to 6 years running.

not so soon...
not when we are still here...
not this generation...

we have a little bit more than a month to spend the best time we can with our friends whom some we will never see....
Old 04-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Registered+

gentlebreezes63 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
WOW, I saw people talking about this and I had to check into for myself! Speechless is what I am at this very moment! So very sad!! I hope that VMKF will stay up so we can at least chat with the friends we have made. VMK was an awsome place to have fun. I have made many memories! It was fun while it lasted!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:29 AM
fight for your vmk
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Angelic
PrincessAnnO is as Frosty as a Snowman
Wow. Wasn't expecting this tonight. Here I was thinking that my master's degree will be done in two weeks and I'll have more stress free time to spend on VMK. Guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamytime View Post
Why not make it pay to play like the others?
Seems like with all the advertising for Toon and Pirates Online that the $$ is the most important thing to them.
I would pay for VMK.
I would do the same dreamytime. I do wish they would give us that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmountie View Post
ok who is writing to VMK with me. this is a little bit much. how can we keep vmk open? it is one of the best virtual games out there. if they are closing what is the point of me signing on right now?
While I really don't think it will change any decision, I'm sure many of us will write our thoughts. Please, when you do this, no complaining! Be sure you tell them what VMK has meant to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyGeggy View Post
Well, I'm personally not surprised...I'd be tired of all of the complaining, too. New items, old items, quests, best guest rooms, new room designs, etc...complaint complaint complaint.

What does all of your complaining do? Well, now we all see...in my opinion.
Agreed. While I do believe this closing has been in the works for a while I wouldn't be surprised if the complaints expediated the process. Wonder how the date was decided upon?

my initial thoughts on this matter:
I knew it would end eventually. Since it had continued past the first year and it was still growing, I figured Disney realized that it WAS a money maker for them. How much money did I spend at Disney because of VMK? Let's say it was the push I needed to do many things I wouldn't have otherwise. Let's see. Annual Passes for the family for two years more than I would have otherwise (guess what, I probably won't renew again next year). Extra trips to the park to get those cards (spent $ buying more trinkets and food). The extra push that convinced me I needed DVD copies of those Disney Movies I already owned on VHS....had to have Herbie stuff and then Movie Reward things...I was ready to treat myself to a vacation to Disneyland and stay at the hotels.

I know I'm not the only one. How many kids convinced their parents to visit the parks? Will VMK closing take away money from Disney? Nope I'm sure my money is but a drop in the very large bucket. But, I can tell you VMK did paid for itself.

Next thought: kids. My daughter was not as regular of a player as I was but she did enjoy it. Her heart will be broken tomorrow when I tell her. Those poor kids who were regular players! To be honest, I would have rather not had VMK at all than to see it being pulled after just about three years for the kids sake. Why did they bother? Yes it probably got bigger than they were expecting which was requiring more money...but they didn't have to keep feeding us...

Life moves on and so will I. I'll miss stopping in and seeing the friends I have made in the game. And, I do thank VMK for the fun I have had for these few years. But, I am a grown-up and I understand things like this. Those that the game was designed for don't. They've made an investment of their time and worked to trade for things. They've gotten to love the mini-games. (Here's a thought....can those mini-games be added to the Disney site somewhere? Just take out the talk part? That would ease the pain a bit! )

The best thing I can see from a teacher's view with VMK closing? No more dictionary dancing! I've caught myself typing in these forums (and a few other places) dancing around! Of course, there will always be texting helping the decay of spelling skills....

Thanks for the memories.

(hey...I'd pay to continue to play...anyone second that opinion?)
Old 04-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
OMG! No. I didn't want to see this day come!

Check out my VMK memory that was featured in the VMK Newsletter right here.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:45 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
This has to be an apirl fools day joke. It just has to be!
Old 04-11-2008, 01:25 AM
Registered+

DisneyPenguin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
This has to be an apirl fools day joke. It just has to be!
I WISH IT WAS!I didn't even get to go to Club 33!!!:-
I wish we could this now....

But instead this...