Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Your thoughts about Guitar Hero 4?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Sad
BelieveNTheMagic is floating through Inner Space
Well, the game is going to be called Guitar Hero World Tour
Here's a picture of the game

The rumours are all true: The cat's officially out of the bag for the fourth Guitar Hero. The new game will be called Guitar Hero World Tour, and will feature a microphone and a "genuine" electronic drum kit, along with a redesigned guitar peripheral.

Guitar Hero World Tour's drum kit.Activision also boasts that Guitar Hero World Tour will have "the biggest on-disc selection" of music, and that all of the tunes available to take on will be master tracks. So far, no particular songs have been named, but the company has promised that offerings from artists Van Halen, Linkin Park, Sublime, and the Eagles will be included.

Localised content will also be available to download on all of the next-generation consoles--including the Wii. Of the three instruments, Activision is particularly touting its drum kit, which will have three drum pads, two raised cymbals, and a bass kick pedal. Apparently, it will have "velocity-sensitive drum heads with soft rubber construction to deliver authentic bounce back."

There will also be a new Battle of the Bands gameplay mode, in which eight players (two bands of four players each) will be able to play each other to see who's best. In the Band modes, four players can jam locally or online.

Also included will be Music Studio, a music-creation software suite with which wannabe songwriters can create digital music "from scratch." Those budding artists will then be able to share their recordings with chums online via GHTunes.

Rock Band, Harmonix's rhythm game, also features microphone and drum peripherals, and is due out in Europe tomorrow for the Xbox 360 only--other platforms will be released later this summer. Unlike Rock Band, all three peripherals in the latest Guitar Hero game will be wireless.

Guitar Hero World Tour is being developed by Neversoft for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Wii version will be coming from Vicarious Visions, and the PlayStation 2 version from Budcat. All four versions are slated for release this autumn, although they have not yet been rated, and there are no pricing details.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:16 AM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

AstroAcer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveNTheMagic View Post
Well, the game is going to be called Guitar Hero World Tour
Here's a picture of the game

The rumours are all true: The cat's officially out of the bag for the fourth Guitar Hero. The new game will be called Guitar Hero World Tour, and will feature a microphone and a "genuine" electronic drum kit, along with a redesigned guitar peripheral.

Guitar Hero World Tour's drum kit.Activision also boasts that Guitar Hero World Tour will have "the biggest on-disc selection" of music, and that all of the tunes available to take on will be master tracks. So far, no particular songs have been named, but the company has promised that offerings from artists Van Halen, Linkin Park, Sublime, and the Eagles will be included.

Localised content will also be available to download on all of the next-generation consoles--including the Wii. Of the three instruments, Activision is particularly touting its drum kit, which will have three drum pads, two raised cymbals, and a bass kick pedal. Apparently, it will have "velocity-sensitive drum heads with soft rubber construction to deliver authentic bounce back."

There will also be a new Battle of the Bands gameplay mode, in which eight players (two bands of four players each) will be able to play each other to see who's best. In the Band modes, four players can jam locally or online.

Also included will be Music Studio, a music-creation software suite with which wannabe songwriters can create digital music "from scratch." Those budding artists will then be able to share their recordings with chums online via GHTunes.

Rock Band, Harmonix's rhythm game, also features microphone and drum peripherals, and is due out in Europe tomorrow for the Xbox 360 only--other platforms will be released later this summer. Unlike Rock Band, all three peripherals in the latest Guitar Hero game will be wireless.

Guitar Hero World Tour is being developed by Neversoft for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Wii version will be coming from Vicarious Visions, and the PlayStation 2 version from Budcat. All four versions are slated for release this autumn, although they have not yet been rated, and there are no pricing details.
Wow, I'm so buying that. Studio mode, battle of the bands, and WIRELESS controllers?!

Old 05-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroAcer View Post
Wow, I'm so buying that. Studio mode, battle of the bands, and WIRELESS controllers?!
Yea it looks awesome so far! I can't wait to buy it.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:42 AM
cuteskaterflip
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

sdkfrachel is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It's cool how they are adding more things than just a guitar.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
I can't wait for this game to come. I think it comes out October 27. I'm deciding wether I should buy rock band or guitar hero world tour. I think I might buy both since I can't wait to try how rock band is.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:23 AM
Toontown Fan- 110 laffer
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Lurking
Abrahamman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
its called guitar hero and there adding drums and mic @_@ weird
is it going to be called guitar,drums,and mic hero or rock band hero or band hero
Old 05-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahamman View Post
its called guitar hero and there adding drums and mic @_@ weird
is it going to be called guitar,drums,and mic hero or rock band hero or band hero
As I said in previous posts, it's going to be called Guitar Hero: World Tour
Old 05-25-2008, 08:19 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'm excited foe this. I have rockband and guitar hero, but in not sure if I'll buy it because it's like the exact same as rockband and I dont really need 2 rockbands.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:12 PM
-Insert Title Here-
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Procastinating
SonicBoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
Either I lose all my patience and buy Rock Band for the Wii, or I get some patience and wait till fall, tough choices lol.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderWind2010 View Post
Either I lose all my patience and buy Rock Band for the Wii, or I get some patience and wait till fall, tough choices lol.
Yes, that's what I'm deciding over. lol