Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered > VMK Remembered Archive

VMK Remembered Archive Archive for VMK Remembered forum.

Old I took it for granted.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
Unhappy I took it for granted.

Now that I look back, I took a lot of things in VMK for granted.

I wasted my time on five-minute arguments over Pirates games, and I didn't even know that VMK was closing. I wasted time picking out clothes to wear every day. I wasted my time trying to "strike it rich". I wasted my time trying to get high-scores on every game. I wasted my time trying to become the "Cute or Boot" champion (I probably was... everyone adopted my style). I wasted my time, time that could've been used hanging out with my friends.

Then when it closed, I felt like a sign that said "FOOL" was placed around my neck.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
You may feel that way, and I feel that way too. I spent a lot of time not doing anything in VMK, but the times I actually played it, I had great fun.

I spent half my time building rooms, and the other half either playing pirates or trading. I enjoyed building rooms, that's why I did it. I had FUN building rooms and playing about with some things on the computer screen.

If Cute or Boot was your thing and you enjoyed every minute of being in those rooms, you couldn't have made your VMK life any better.

Keep your head up.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:41 PM
(: peace && <3
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Born In Park Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
MzDiamondBubbles is as Frosty as a Snowman
[B]im sad to say i did it too. i took it for granted but i do get the clothes cause everyone spent time on what they where gonna wear hey it took me 10 minutes everyday and everytime my friends and i where gonna go to the places to eat. i think i should of spent more time with friendsand less doinf other things[B]
Old 09-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Shake your I funny!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Winner Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park
My Mood: Neotenous
Deeda is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I took it all for granted. And now it's gone. I'll never get it back...
Old 09-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Wants to find more magic.

tryingtogetbackintovmk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I constantly took this game for granted. I remember when I sent a long and extremely rude letter to VMK after my beta character got banned for ten years. I almost quit, seriously I did. If I hadn't remembered my mule's account, I wouldn't be on these forums posting this and I probably would have laughed out loud when I heard the announcement of VMK closing. And I also remember when I kept frequently complaining about VMK spitting out pre-written messages about false reporting whenever you would use the report button. Jeez, I wish I could take it all back.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Toontown & VMK Addict

My Mood: annoying
Encyclopedia is as Frosty as a Snowman
I took it for granted all the time, and you do not know HOW many times I have regretted doing so.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:36 PM
unfortunately short♥

My Mood: Amuzed
VMKWill is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't think you should be taking things for granted or regretting anything. You should be happy you were part of vmk and you got make new friends. Don't think about the bad think about the good.<3
Old 09-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 1

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
I did the same thing. I thought VMK would last for years. I actually thought I would be guiding my kids through the kingdom. Nobody knew it was going to be closed. I was real busy working on my theme park in VMK. When there was an announcment VMK was closing, I stopped working. I told all my friends that the theme park would not be continued on. One of my friends told me they wouldn't stop. It was something they enjoyed. Working with me as much as I enjoyed working with them.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Smile. Laugh. Dream.

TwilightPrincess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You know, I read all of the posts on here about you regretting you experience on VMK. You are wrong, you know that? What you did was what VMK was to you.

If you spent hours picking out your outfits, then you must've loved when new costumes came out. You must've created new styles, some of which were used by other players later on. You must of loved VMK for its customizable character.

If you spend your time writing a mean letter to VMK about yor character getting banned, you must've really cared about your character. The VMK experience was so important to you. You refused to give up on VMK because you loved it so much. And the letter just proves how you would do crazy things to continue playing.

If you went to "restaurants" or "cafes" then that was your thing. You hung out with your friends in that way and you had fun, didn't you?

The way I see it, none of you did anything wrong. Admitting this just proves how important all fo this was to you. And don't say you didn't hang out with your friends because each one of us did that in a different way. So don't regret anything, be happy that the experience happened. =]

^^ this uber signature was made by Friez
Old 09-20-2008, 02:40 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Design an Outfit Participation's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Born In Park
My Mood: Amazed
SasukeBlue is spinning in a Cursed Storm
vmk is like a short minute you'll never get back =] as they say live every second of your life.. I took vmk for granted as well.. all that teim spent on just becoming rich.. Fighting with people because of scamming or because they were just plain jerks.. i wish i just could re-live those moments and fix them.. instead of fighting i just backed away and have fun in vmk..

TY Xoop for this Siggy =]
Old 09-20-2008, 03:27 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
Same here... at least you actually did something. I spent my time not being online on it... now I miss playing classic games like falling chairs, cute or boot, player quests... stuff that I haven't done in about a year, even when VMK was open...

Old 09-20-2008, 05:11 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
It's difficult to not either feel guilty in confession of taking it for granted or to feel in denial in saying you used VMK to the very best of your ability. I will try not to do that.

I would say that I feel more guilty about losing time in other areas of my life than about taking VMK for granted. I tried my best to experience the magic while it lasted. Though I will always want another chance to play VMK in a better manner, I can say to myself that I did the best I could with VMK.

Ah, there I go somehow falling into both of the sides that I said I would try to avoid.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:15 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 

VIP
My Mood: Curmudgeon
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Its kind of hard taking things for granted when you had nothing :|. I mean, I had stuff, yeah, but friends? Pshaw. I miss SuperBillyHill and Grand, and some other good friends, but other than that, I was a "come 2 cute r boot 4 prz" kinda friend :|.

If VMK re-opened, what you said in this topic about you taking it for granted will probably be the first things I see you do when I log on :|.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:20 AM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
I can't help but think that I wasted my time. The thought goes through my head all day, 'Will I see so-and-so ever again?'. I missed out on so much... it makes me feel guilty.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Is working on his VW
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park
Mickeypaws is as Frosty as a Snowman
I know how you feel. I didn't login that last week. I thought " Oh, I don't need to login this week, it's not VMK is closing or anything. "
I still can't get the thought through my head that VMK has closed. I never took time to appreciate VMK.

You probably did. i Paws !