Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > VMKF Arcade

VMKF Arcade Talk about the VMKF arcade.

Old Arcade Guide

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:02 AM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Arcade Guide

Hi! This is the my Q/A guide for VMKF's Arcade! If you're new, you can refer to this guide any time you have a question about something. ^^

What is the VMKF Arcade?

It’s a place where you can spend your extra time playing short arcade-type games and try to get high scores. You can get to the arcade by clicking on the icon at the top of the screen on any page. It's between "Gallery" and "User CP" and has the picture of a kiosk on it. Here is a picture of what it looks like:

Why would I want a high score?

Getting a high score on a game makes you that game's "Champion". You then get that game's picture and name in above your post count (Example: Mario's Time Attack Champion!). If you're the champion for more than one game, then the champion messages will scroll.

How do I play a game?

Scroll down in the arcade page until you see the game list. Find the game you want, and click “Play Game” under options.

What does it mean to submit your score?

If you do that, then your score will be added to the score board. If it’s a highest score, you’ll be the champion for that game!

What is a tournament?

A tournament is a special type of event. When you join one, you’ll need to play the specified game one, two, or three times. The person with the best score moves up.

How do I start a tournament?

Anyone can start one! Just click on "Create a Tournament" and then select the game, number of players, and number of tries they'll get. Although, keep in mind that with the many, many existing tournaments, it may be a while before people join.

I played the game, but my score didn’t show up in the tournament!

In order for you to play a tournament game, you need to go to that tournament page, and click the play button under your name.

How do I become the king/queen of the arcade?

You need to get high scores. The person with the most is the king/queen. He/she will also be one of the High-Score champions.

What is “Best High Score of All Time” and “Actual High Score Champion”?

Actual Highscore Champion is the person who got the highest score ever. Best Score is the person who got the highest score when playing in tournaments.

What’s the Leaderboard?

It shows the person who has the highest ranking. Your ranking goes up with the more high scores/top 10 scores you get. The link to it is located on the far right of the Arcade navigation bar.

I spotted something that's not appropriate for a G-rated site. What should I do?

PM Nick about anything non G-rated you see, including links to sites that contain bad material. Also, I was informed that it's probably best not to post about it.

I have a game that I want to be used in the arcade! How do I get it there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
You may submit games, but don't link sites.

Just mention the game name and we can find it in google.

If its a direct link pm me the links.

Remember, I don't really have time to convert many games, so please make sure the games are designed for...

v3arcade, ibpro arcade, vbarcade etc...

No one is playing in my tournament! Isn't there a way I can put a deadline or something?

The Arcade is set to disqualify those who have not played in a week.

I'm really afraid that I'll get a busy server message when entering my score. Is there any way I can check if the server is busy at the moment?

"If you're concerned and think your score might not submit properly, here is a little trick you can try. Before you click submit, right click on any link at the top in hit 'Open in new window' or 'Open in new tab' and then view the newly opened window. If you get the Server Busy message there, then it won't be a good time to submit your score. "

- JeremyV

I got a high score when playing a game, but I was in a tournament! Will I have to get that score again in in a normal game?

No, your high score will be under "Best Score of All Time"!

The scoring on a game is backwards! The object is to get the smallest amount of points possible, but the high scores show big numbers in first place instead! What's going on?

Simply just PM Nick about it, and the problem should be taken care of before too long.

Is there any way I can see who else is in the arcade?

Click "Your Settings" on the arcade navigation bar. At the bottom of that page, it will show the active members in the arcade.

If you have any suggestions for things to add, please tell me. ^^

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage

Last edited by Garfieldo; 10-18-2007 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: UPDATE`ed
Old 06-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Great Guide! And I do think it is sticky material!
Good Work
Read PM
Old 06-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Divide by 0
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Tolerant
FoolsLove is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Even if you hope it does, don't post it. Makes it less unlikely.

Quote:
What is “Best High Score of All Time” and “Actual High Score Champion”?

As far as I know, Best of All Time means that person was the first to get that number of points, and Actual Champion is the most recent one to tie with that person, but that’s glitched on some games.
From what I can see now

Actual Highscore Champion is the person with the highest score
Best Score of All Time is the person with the highest score for that game in tournaments.

Sig made by Fairy
Old 06-27-2006, 10:36 PM
The TRUE Cheese Lover

FantasyBlueBoy ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
You need to be a donating/subscribing user to start one.

Erm.. now all users can start tournaments.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Wishing VMK were here

AstroCool_Dude ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
where is VMKF arcade?
Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy4jc
where is VMKF arcade?
Thanks, I added it.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:14 AM
Wishing VMK were here

AstroCool_Dude ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
np
Old 09-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase

Okay, I've updated it a bit. I've even added some pictures! Remember, if you have any suggestions for things to be added to this guide, please let me know!

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage
Old 09-09-2006, 06:48 PM
The TRUE Cheese Lover

FantasyBlueBoy ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Yay Im famous Im in a picture! xD <3 the guide.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Stitch <3 Green Flips

LuisT is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks This really helped alot! I mean alot alot

LuisT

Last edited by Wendot; 09-20-2006 at 03:35 AM.. Reason: unneeded quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:20 AM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase

Sorry about that, these pictures were uploaded on a site that's blocked now, so they didn't appear for a while. They're fixed now, though.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award 

aldisneyfans is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Do I have to post something first before I can play arcade games? When does this start?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award 

chaosinmotion is spinning in a Cursed Storm
On the leaderboard, there's an average rank and score for the players listed. How is this figured? Some names lower on the list actually have a higher average rank, so where does the "score" on this page come from?
Old 11-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
LegendoftheYeti is spinning in a Cursed Storm
nice guide
Old 01-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
The only times I can be the high scorer is when the round resets, but the round hasn't in over a year. That's okay though, I still play sometimes.