Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Another mailing run

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:31 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Another mailing run

It seems like the other forums I always talk about has suddenly had a major change of heart, and the Save VMK movement there is back in business and bigger than ever (Which is kind of funny, since I'm starting to see the anti-save-VMK guys pop up here again. XD). SkyRocket has (Hopefully, permanently XD) relieved me of my duty as leader and organized a major mass-mailing of Disney employees. Current "targets" are Seth "Yavn" Mendelsohn ([email protected]) and Steve Wadsworth ([email protected]).

We're also looking for the email of someone that's between the two on the chain, someone close enough to the bottom of the ladder that they'll listen to the customers personally, but high up enough that they can do something about it. If anyone can come forth with the email of such a Disney employee, it'd be wonderful.

Well, what do you say, guys? One more mass-mailing for old time's sake?

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:36 AM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
I suggest emailing [email protected].
Anyways, let's do this thingy.

~Key
Old 08-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Happy Valentine's Day Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: SaveVMK
FrostPrincess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oh yeah! Let's do this. By the way, check out this page: http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145531
Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 AM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
To whom it may concern,

The Virtual Magic Kingdom, also know as VMK, has been closed for over a year now. Yet there are people all over the internet still yearning to get back into the virtual world. Not only would bringing this beloved game back satisfy a huge amount of people, but it would also be profitable, for almost every member of VMK has stated they would pay to play this miraculous game.

Nobody wants Club Penguin, Toon Town, or Pirates of the Caribbean Online. There was something simply magical about VMK that made it unique. It didn't matter if the player was eight years old or sixty- this game made everyone young again. The aspect of feeling immersed inside a Disney park from home when the person may not have the money or may be too ill to visit a Disney park was simply wonderful.

Going to Disneyland and completing the quests gave a great sense of accomplishment. It enforced visiting the parks which brought in profits. To add to this, it made people aware of the details that Disney was capable of creating through the quest questions. Overall the in-park aspect was satisfying for members and also helped bring in money.

There will never be a game more enjoyable, satisfying, or simply as magical as Virtual Magic Kingdom. Please consider what has been said here and perhaps think about reopening this game. It would be a great business move for Disney and its followers.

Thanks a lot,
Just wrote the above to the following people... I got two failure notices however from the starred emails:

[email protected]
[email protected]*
[email protected]*
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

~Key
Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This email run won't be worth it. I tried, and never did work. In fact, I never got a reply back.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
It's very common for Disney people in high places not to reply to your emails. Does that mean they didn't read them? No.

~Key
Old 08-26-2009, 09:44 PM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
I'm in! I'll try almost anything to get VMK back!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:30 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
It's very common for Disney people in high places not to reply to your emails. Does that mean they didn't read them? No.

~Key
Oh, it is? And what was that quote about "thinking about reopening the game"?
Old 08-28-2009, 05:33 PM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
I don't see what you are getting at. Yes, it is. And I believe you are refering to my e-mail? What about it?

~Key
Old 08-30-2009, 08:43 PM
mountain dew ftw

My Mood: Disapprove
Capn_Suite is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'll do it. Maybe we could send Disney the business opportunities of repopening VMK while still keeping the players happy and not making them pay for most things.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:11 AM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah, I noticed that a lot of forums are on that "Save VMK" kick again.
I am definitely participating in saving VMK!