Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old So what have you done for the Saving VMK movement?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:22 AM
The Greatest Disney Fan!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
Rodolfito ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
So what have you done for the Saving VMK movement?

First of all,
I have raised awareness to basically all my friends and even started a save vmk group on a social networking site who has a growing amount of members, many whom did not play VMK but still many who are interested.

I have also been sending letters and trying to get my friends who know people that are influential in the Disney Company to raise awareness about the demand for VMK reopening.

What have you guys been doing?

Learn from one of Disney's greatest lessons, "If you can dream it, you can do it" I have dreamt of VMK coming back and I can do it..but of course not alone but with the help of many. This is a project that will need much more than a hundred people if not hundreds of thousands. I am sure that if we reach the goal of getting thousands of people to constantly demand VMK we can get it back!

PS: This thread is not for you to turn down all I have done, but possibly get you to try a little more in something you really want.

What have you been doing? If the answer is nothing now is the time to start...

What can you do?
Tell ALL your friends to help you... I happen to have friends living in any places and some know people that are Disney Legends and Imagineers. Maybe if we spread the word someone can personally tell Bob Iger or Paul Yanover about the demand for our precious VMK!

Guys trust me on this one I am sure that if we do this we can get VMK back up and running or at least draw Disney's attention to the game once more.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:10 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: vmkpalish
ToBeContinued is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have created a Save VMK shirt that I will wear around Disney World ^_^
I know it's not much but it's a start for me.
Also, being a Disney Imagineer is my DREAM!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:32 AM
GHIII

My Mood: Doleful
ZortheraCrathTheAliens is spinning in a Cursed Storm
If the answer is nothing, then I can very well keep doing nothing, because being a realist, I realize that it is a lost cause. Honestly, it's been a year. Fact of the matter is, Disney has no obligation to do anything, and they are very much like any other supply-demand business. There is a small demand, and it would be a bad move to open VMK again, money-wise. It renders no profit, and they could be putting their money towards better things, things that will generate some revenue.

As much fun as dreaming is, you've got to come to terms with reality at some point or another. Have a good nap, come back when you wake up..
Old 07-21-2009, 08:22 AM
The Greatest Disney Fan!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 2

Rodolfito ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZortheraCrathTheAliens View Post
If the answer is nothing, then I can very well keep doing nothing, because being a realist, I realize that it is a lost cause. Honestly, it's been a year. Fact of the matter is, Disney has no obligation to do anything, and they are very much like any other supply-demand business. There is a small demand, and it would be a bad move to open VMK again, money-wise. It renders no profit, and they could be putting their money towards better things, things that will generate some revenue.

As much fun as dreaming is, you've got to come to terms with reality at some point or another. Have a good nap, come back when you wake up..
Statistics have proven that more people played VMK than payed for toontown online and POTC online. So that is why I say there is still hope for VMK to open. The demand for those online games does not surpass the demand VMK had. The only online game Disney has that could compete with VMK was club penguin but even there less than 15% of the players actually pay for the game. Most people on ToonTown or POTC online are on a trial or under a promotion. (Disney does not make most of its profits from online games therefore it does not give them as much attention as it does many many other aspects of the company) VMK did effectively increase interest in attending the parks for all of its players because of the promotions available in those locations. And that is what we need to shove in Disney's face so they can get the picture. VMK was beneficial and it does not matter how you look at it I am sure if you bring the matter to the attention of the right people something can get done. Having the realist attitude never helped anyone because all great things that have happened in this world have happened against great odds ranging from the evolution of species to the creation of the United States of America. So do not tell me this cannot happen.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:16 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I did absolutely nothing.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
I did absolutely nothing.
endquote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:41 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
I did nothing, because we can do nothing.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:53 PM
.. something u drink from
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Design an Outfit Participation's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Piratey
Straws is as Frosty as a Snowman
i have been trying to get in contact with onld vmk and vmkf to try and bring them back here so we can all form a play together
Old 07-22-2009, 10:36 PM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 

DocCalvin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I fear we might be too late to do anything...
Old 07-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Design an Outfit Participation's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 

what do u mean? its never late! infact now is the perfect time because we gave them a year to bring it back. they didnt. so now its time for the flaming pitchforks!
Old 07-23-2009, 02:43 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park
My Mood: Artistic
PMFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I did nothing, leaving myself with the hope that they were joking or they had a change of heart and let it stay
Old 07-23-2009, 08:53 AM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 

DocCalvin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straws View Post
what do u mean? its never late! infact now is the perfect time because we gave them a year to bring it back. they didnt. so now its time for the flaming pitchforks!
But... we've taken a whole year trying to think up of the right plan - they might have forgotten about it then!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Awards Showcase

well even tho we dont have a complete plan yet we can still work on it. meanwhile dont stop email and writing letters and sharpening your pitchforks!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
In the beginning I did make concensus to sign petition, send email and such. I do email every so often just so Disney knows the subject has not been completely dropped by me, but I have so little time as a father and husband to really get immersed in being an active Save VMK activist. I can only do so much.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:05 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, in VMK i wore black, like alot of people did those last few days. Then, I started turning sides with Disney, I've hated them for this loss and always will!