Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Face it...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Au revoir =]
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Jeena is covered with ConfettiJeena is covered with ConfettiJeena is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitePixy View Post
Well to be honest, I have no interest in trying to save the game.

I enjoyed my 3 years of the magic, and now it's time to move on. I think of it this way:
My frustration of trying to get the rare items, saving up for over-priced magic, and late nights of playing pirates...can come to rest.
I've enjoyed my time playing, and the countless amount of awesome friends i've made through VMK.
So since I can still stay in touch with my friends, the game can go ahead and close.

Pixy
That's a sweet post. I agree entirely. We've enjoyed VMK for three years now. Now it's come to an end, and I think we should accept that and cherish the times we've had.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Blonder.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Katarina is covered with ConfettiKatarina is covered with ConfettiKatarina is covered with Confetti
Anything could happen during this last month of May.

As far as I can remember, Disney HAS cared about our feelings (usually) If they can, and they Want to, they will.
I think we should all keep protesting the closing, until it happens. Then we know we tried. Without the feedback from the fans, we would probably still have no figment and a grocery scanner in the Imagination pavillion!
However, Disney doesn't always listen to the fans. There was VERY VERY large protests of the closing of Mr. Toad's Wild ride in Walt Disney World. It didn't come back.

I am really not sure what VMK is going to do, But we must:

Hope for the Best and Brace for the worst. Our oppinions DO matter, and WE are the only ones that can change things we don't like in this world. Do you think we're america- "Land of the free and the home of the brave" because we said, oh! let's revolt and start a country, and it was? NO we had to work for it! We can TRY and if we TRY and fail? We know we TRIED and have a sense of accomplishment.
Your also being a little bit rude with the "Wow. a small chunk of the world cares, what are we going to do?" stuff. Many great things came because that "small chunk of the world" fought for them!

Thanks for this thread, so we can all voice our oppinions
SAVE VMK!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeena View Post
Mmm, I heard that e-mail accounts have been blocked, from this thread, so I don't know who, but for someone to have been blocked, they must have been pretty persistant... and annoying, or even rude, for them to have been blocked.
Not really, this is typical behavior from people that care very little about a community that you go on to say, put such hard work and money into.If they put so much into this they would respect the customers/players they groomed int this game. Some get blocked because they are repetitive which is exactly the purpose of them. To let them know we are here and do want a voice in the decision.

(In reply to bullying)
Quote:
But trying to make someone do something they don't want to do, is.
You are sure fixated on this term. Getting your message out is not forcing anyone to do anything. Perhaps it will get them to think about the actions they are taking. It's easy to close a game when you do not have to think about the players involved in it. The reality is we cannot 'make them do' anything, so your concerns on this are without validation.

Quote:
Thing is, I'm not sticking up for Disney, I know barely anything about Disney, I haven't even watched all their films (**LeGasp**), but VMK did mean alot to me, at one point, but now, it's been going downhill for a long while now, if VMK opens again, what makes you all think that it will stay open?
It can't. It actually can't. For whatever reason it closed now, it's most likely it will occur again, or something else just as severe for this game, and this situation will repeat itself.
Your opinion.
Who knows?
Then those that are in that situation will at least have the backbone to try and make a difference, and not be silenced by the doom patrol. History repeats itself and sometimes a few resist for the better of the many.

Quote:
I'm not doing this out of spite, thank you very much.
I'm doing this because we have enjoyed VMK for 3 years, THREE years, the staff, and Disney have put alot of money into this game, and when they decide to close it, which they have the right to do, people get up on their high horses and go pretty much insane to try and 'save' this game.
How long are you wanting VMK to stay open for if it re-opens?
What money has staff put into it? Seems to me many are having money taken away from them with this decision. With proper marketing VMK could of easily made plenty of money,(even more than it was responsible for already).
Until Disney and VMK have no relevance in our society.

(in response to why reply to a negative post about others efforts to save VMK)
Quote:
If you already know, and realise that some people feel this way, why did you reply to this thread in the first place, or even look at it for that matter?
I replied because people deserve to read your opinion as well as the opposing opinion. Just because someone posts a give up opinion, in a section where people are actually trying to make a difference as to the future of the game, does not make it free from discussion. For those that are willing to walk away without another thought from a game they played and 'enjoyed VMK for 3 years, THREE years', that is great. Good luck at the next thing and feel free to continue it until you are told to move along. Though I remember it being said what a 'trivial thing' it is, and yet some will continue on about it.

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
hah we have voices
but who says they will listen?
Hosts are, seems the news is after we complained the events are back up.
Never know what a few voices can accomplish.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
hah we have voices
but who says they will listen?
Disney gave Kim Possible a fourth season when a website with less than 290,000 hits (probably less at the time; this was a year ago that they decided that) asked them to. VMK costs way less than Kim Possible to produce (less than $1,000,000 compared to probably over $10,000,000), and could actually make money for Disney over time, both directly (pay-to-play), and indirectly (park quests, Stitch packages, movies, external advertising, etc.). One petition to save VMK has over 105,000 hits (I only count hits in this case, not signatures, because the Save Kim Possible site did not have a petiton). Based on these facts, Disney could very well decide to give VMK a fourth season, keeping with the TV show analogy. Also, the Suite Life of Zack and Cody was given a third season (which is sorta like a fourth one because the first and second season had a total of 65 episodes, the normal limit for Disney Channel shows [side note: Where do you think Disney got the "Speed Limit 65" sign for the Autopia Quest Track?]) due to protests. Honestly, we have a chance, so do not give in to Disney, who is trying to make you forget the closing. (What, you think all the quests and released items were so people could enjoy the things that VMK had planned for the rest of the year and beyond? No! It was Disney trying to make us forget about the VMK closing, because they knew that if they didn't do something, then they would have to give in or risk a bad reputation!) Disney is scared right now; they did not expect 20,000 people to revolt against them. Do not give up; we can do this!!
Old 05-06-2008, 01:51 AM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

AstroAcer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBP View Post
Disney is scared right now; they did not expect 20,000 people to revolt against them. Do not give up; we can do this!!
Who said Disney is scared? 20,000 people compared to, what, billions of customers world-wide?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Au revoir =]
Awards Showcase

Jeena is covered with ConfettiJeena is covered with ConfettiJeena is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth View Post
You are sure fixated on this term. Getting your message out is not forcing anyone to do anything. Perhaps it will get them to think about the actions they are taking. It's easy to close a game when you do not have to think about the players involved in it. The reality is we cannot 'make them do' anything, so your concerns on this are without validation.
No, not fixated, but when someone questions my understanding of a word, funnily enough I'm going to reply and explain myself, aren't I?

Then those that are in that situation will at least have the backbone to try and make a difference, and not be silenced by the doom patrol. History repeats itself and sometimes a few resist for the better of the many.
You know, VMK might have closed for some serious reason. I highly doubt Disney is not just doing this out of spite.

I replied because people deserve to read your opinion as well as the opposing opinion. Just because someone posts a give up opinion, in a section where people are actually trying to make a difference as to the future of the game, does not make it free from discussion.
No, you've misunderstood my point. I wasn't saying that you shouldn't post, I was questioning why you even bother reading the thread if it annoys you so much to see opposing opinions, and anyway, you already know'...Duh'.
(This thread was trying to say that VMK can't be saved, it wasn't a thread where people wanted to make a difference.)

For those that are willing to walk away without another thought from a game they played and 'enjoyed VMK for 3 years, THREE years', that is great.
I was grateful for VMK even existing, I think three years is long enough. & Yes, it is great. =]
Good luck at the next thing and feel free to continue it until you are told to move along. Though I remember it being said what a 'trivial thing' it is, and yet some will continue on about it.
Oh! Might that be because others reply to our posts? Oh, maybe!
We're having a discussion, what do you expect? =]
The Doom Patrol =P,
Jeena
xxXxx
Old 05-06-2008, 09:59 PM
VMK's true DJ! :D Remix!
Awards Showcase

Tris-Remix is as Frosty as a Snowman
I bet we'll forget abotu this l8r and we'll still be disney fans, no way am i givin up disney stuff
Old 06-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Registered+

MeiMei is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Riot, the name of this forum is "Save VMK." You obviously don't support that cause. You don't have to post in the forum just to put us down. Period.

-MeiMei
Old 06-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: Festive
Disneyzoodude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
We cannot fight to save VMK.
Its going to close.
Everyone has there fantasies about VMK not closing because a bunch of people sent in complaint letters.
NEWSFLASH:
VMK is going to close no matter how hard of a fight we put up.
I'm not being pessimistic
I'm facing reality.
Face it, Disney has there mind set. VMK is closing.
Yes its sad, and yes I know its bad to think this way, but do you honestly think its better to think happily and get such hi hopes and then the gates get slammed in your face.
This is all I had to say.
Riot

Thanks for the encouragement lol

Even though I agree, we can still dream on, right?