Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Films > Disney Movie Rewards

Disney Movie Rewards Redeem those DVDs into VMK items discussion forum.

Old Inferno via movie reward coded

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Me and my princess :)

Takket is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Inferno via movie reward coded

I traded in some movie reward codes for an inferno last weekend, and when I went to the redemption page I swear I thought it said something like "only one code can be redeemed" or something like that. Is it true that you can only get one inferno code per account??? Do I have to make another account if I want another one??? I don't understand why that would be because you would think Disney would let you get however many of any prize as you want since it encourages you to get more codes (which means they get more profit). Of ALL things you would think anything from VMK would be unlimited too since there is no production cost for them.

So can anyone explaihn the logic behind this to me? LOL Right now I have 175 points left over I was going to put towards another inferno but now I think they are worthless
Old 01-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
You can only redeem for 1 VMK code per account. You can make another account if you want to get more inferno, but the codes you put in the other account are now stuck there.

Check out my VMK memory that was featured in the VMK Newsletter right here.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:42 PM

I just don't get it, why would they do that? If I'm Disney and someone wants a billion infernos or watches or hannah montana TVs and they are willing to buy and redeem a billion codes to get them, why would I not want them to??? Limiting people to one of each prizes discourages them from getting more codes.....
Old 01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Happy Hauntings
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Lonely
NicoleMarie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Question Very Confusing

I have asked many ppl about this very issue. Some tell me you can't redeem points for more than 1 Inferno Magic on a single account, while others say just the opposite. So, I still don't know for sure. Guess I will have to try it for myself. LOL
Old 01-11-2008, 06:16 PM
mahna mahna
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

sunday_monkey is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Just checking here; you can redeem points again for a different VMK item; just not the same one, right?
Yes, that's correct. I have gotten Inferno, Mickey Window, Home Theater and Red Stitch all on the same account --- you just can't get more than one of each.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:46 PM
< All my Pink dogs! :)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

sunnyskye is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_monkey View Post
Yes, that's correct. I have gotten Inferno, Mickey Window, Home Theater and Red Stitch all on the same account --- you just can't get more than one of each.
You have gotten all of those? Wow! Anyways I think VMK should let you get as many items as you want, they make more money.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:07 PM
mahna mahna
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

sunday_monkey is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyskye View Post
You have gotten all of those? Wow! Anyways I think VMK should let you get as many items as you want, they make more money.
Yep, lol. I have lots of nieces and nephews and coworkers w/kids and they all give me their Disney movie rewards because they don't collect them. I scored big time after Christmas! (I got the theater set a long time ago though).

The tough part is that you can't use the same movie more than once (even if you have different codes for them) - the only exception is if one is regular DVD & one is Blue Ray, or if one is a "special edition" version (like pixie powered or something).
Old 01-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Mega Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Wishful
bluecruiser is spinning in a Cursed Storm
According to this thread, someone has redeemed their DMR (Disney Movie Reward) points for multiple Mickey Windows, Stitch Helmets, and Theatre Sets from the same DMR account.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:51 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
I got three Inferno pins on one account. I did it on three different days; maybe that's why it worked.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 AM

I'm just curious has anyone ever tried to get a second inforno and been denied because of the "limit 1" thing.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:02 AM
Trader/Red Flips Clan

pinprophet is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i think theyre trying to keep the amount of inferno's down and not have people buying movies just for the prize, besides technically they arent getting the money from people buying them, if you buy a movie from walmart then walmart has already bought it from disney, so i think theyre trying to keep the amount and value of these items down.