Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Ask the VMKF WDW Expert-Nerd Thread

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:52 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Ask the VMKF WDW Expert-Nerd Thread

So many members have asked me questions about Walt Disney World (aka WDW) in the past, so I figured I would start my very own thread for anyone who has questions that they would like answered about Walt Disney World. I am not saying that I alone know everything about Walt Disney World (although sadly it seems the case at times xD ). There are many other VMKF members who know quite a bit about Walt Disney World as well. This thread is for people to ask anything they want about Walt Disney World, that they would like a fellow VMKF WDW expert to answer for them.

Therefore: Let the questions begin!!

Note: Please no asking questions that refer to any quizzes going on, on the site xD

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 04-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
You're probably not gonna be able to answer this, I'm really looking for an answer just like... someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

I'm starting to decide which college I'll be going to (which is actually really hard, didn't think it would be this tough), and I have almost no idea what I want to do. The college choice doesn't matter a ton right now, I just kind of want to know, or have something that I'm actually working towards. Anyways, for a little while now I've wanted to do sports journalism. I love sports as a few of you know, and I love writing, so I thought it'd be a perfect job for me. But in the past weeks of debating which college to go and what to major in with my parents I've begun to get different ideas. My mother is a guidance counselor in an elementary school, and mentioned teaching. If I taught something it would probably be a gym teacher (what my dad wants me to do, and I'm interested in as well, but he came up with the idea because he always wanted to be one), I like sports like I said, I'm athletic, and I like leading people - coaching. My mom also brought up that I could teach History, because I'm always talking about it at home and I'm taking a few extra history courses as well. Just recently however I've stumbled upon the Disney College Program which I guess is basically like an internship, I'd get to go down there for about... 6-8 months I think it said and do a few jobs down there, take some classes and meet people. I always joked about working in Disney because it is by far my favorite place in the whole world. I just love being around the parks, in the parks, anywhere around that area. I love everything to do with Disney. So, now of course I'm thinking, hey maybe I really should go work in Disney. However I don't really know what to do... I would like a job that I can move up in the ranks in, and I'd like to be in the business part of it (I think... not totally sure) I don't want a job where I just press the go button for space or splash mountain. (No offense to those who have the job, I'm sure it does take a lot of skill) But anyways, so I'd have to go to college for something for business I guess, but I literally have noooo idea. But the main question is, what even would be an opportunity to go work for Disney in the business field? My sister was talking to me about and she wouldn't know where to start.

This may sound silly to some of you, but it's not to me because I actually have to decide really shortly... I just don't know what to do, but I haven't even talked to anyone yet. That's why I just want the WDW Expert-Nerds advice on what to do with my life! ahahaha

If you need anymore info (I'm sure I didn't give you what you needed to formulate some answer to me) I can give it to you... I just want someone to talk to about this.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:32 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Dear Stitchco,

I am uber interested in knowing more about Disney World's hydroponic (and maybe aquaculture) systems at Living With the Land. Do they show these areas in any tours, or is there someone I could talk to about it? I'm interested in how they work, and what the people that work in that area do.

In Hopes of Giving You Something That Would Trick You Because You Made Really Hard Quiz Questions,
------Polar
Old 04-07-2011, 03:39 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
You're probably not gonna be able to answer this, I'm really looking for an answer just like... someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

But anyways, so I'd have to go to college for something for business I guess, but I literally have noooo idea. But the main question is, what even would be an opportunity to go work for Disney in the business field? My sister was talking to me about and she wouldn't know where to start.

This may sound silly to some of you, but it's not to me because I actually have to decide really shortly... I just don't know what to do, but I haven't even talked to anyone yet. That's why I just want the WDW Expert-Nerds advice on what to do with my life! ahahaha

If you need anymore info (I'm sure I didn't give you what you needed to formulate some answer to me) I can give it to you... I just want someone to talk to about this.
ROTFL!!!! Forgive my laughter, however, I could've sworn we were twins or something LOL. Just so happens I am intending on working in the Disney field through the division of Hospitality Management. It deals with the helping guests problems type of stuff and so on. Such positions include from a maid at a hotel to a Concierge job at one of their hotels, all the way to the VP and President of WDW and/or DLR to the CEO, if I'm nost mistaken. But there are plenty more such business fields at the Disney Company. Did this help? Anyone else or any more questions for that matter?

-Stitchco, one of VMKF's biggest WDW fanatic-nerd-experts there is

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Dear Stitchco,

I am uber interested in knowing more about Disney World's hydroponic (and maybe aquaculture) systems at Living With the Land. Do they show these areas in any tours, or is there someone I could talk to about it? I'm interested in how they work, and what the people that work in that area do.

In Hopes of Giving You Something That Would Trick You Because You Made Really Hard Quiz Questions,
------Polar
Is it sad that I'm able to answer these? Forgive me for double-posting, but I'm answering the question and would prefer the quote from GoodPolarGirl in it as well.
*Thank you Jezzi for fixing that

Not then, I can tell you for a fact the you can ask during their cheap tour at EPCOT known only as the Behind the Seeds Tour. During the tour, they are willing to answer any questions you have about their greenhouse. As for as they work, if I remember correctly (It's been a few years, and for me the greenhouse is not something I do often due to allergies xD lol) the hyroponic systems are to help us use something other than soil when it erodes quite often. Though as I am not a green-thumb type of guy, it is better to ask one of the Behind the Seeds Tour cast members. I hope this helped answer your question.

-Stitchco who is wanting as many questions as can be thrown his way
-Stitchco

Last edited by Stitchco; 04-08-2011 at 03:13 AM.. Reason: needed fixes
Old 04-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Do you think doing 7 rides and a show in Magic Kingdom, a ride and a show in Hollywood Studios, visiting two countries in Epcot and riding spaceship earth and imagination all in one day is possible?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:03 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Do you think doing 7 rides and a show in Magic Kingdom, a ride and a show in Hollywood Studios, visiting two countries in Epcot and riding spaceship earth and imagination all in one day is possible?
Yes, though it depends on how long the lines are, for which rides, what time the shows are, how long the shows are, if you have fastpasses for some of the rides, and traffic. Plus you still have time for breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with nighttime stuff to do *Take it from a guy who has done a crazier schedule before xD LOL *

-Stitchco who is heading to bed now, but would love a list of questions to answer for next time he returns
-Stitchco
Old 04-07-2011, 04:08 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Bed? I have so many questions!

I'll edit this post if none other are posted after mine
Old 04-07-2011, 04:10 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Bed? I have so many questions!

I'll edit this post if none other are posted after mine
I repeat - List what you got, and as soon as I'm back on I will respond to this thread first thing. Ask away! I'm not leaving thie site for a very long time! (Just going to bed so I don't get sick xD)

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 04-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
How much can you see the parks changing in the next five years? Any specifics? (Not like 'for sure changes' I mean, what do you think specifically is on the way out)
Old 04-08-2011, 02:06 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
How much can you see the parks changing in the next five years? Any specifics? (Not like 'for sure changes' I mean, what do you think specifically is on the way out)
Besides the ones already known? I can see the possibility of a nighttime parade like thing for Animal Kingdom, a brand new theme park (since what everything you can see on Disney grounds at the current moment takes up only 1/3 of their land, and they have another 1/3 land for developing) (the other 1/3 land is used for conservation purposes). I can see new hotels and restuarants eventually coming as well. A few things that have been talked about that could potentially happen are Beastly Kingdom, a Cars Land area in DHS, a way to have "a ghost follow you home" new kim possible missions (for instance finally being able to work in Morroco on a mission). I could also see a new fireworks show for EPCOT, a new one for Magic Kingdom (though many people know I absolutely love Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams). I can see new potential clubs opening up in Pleasure Island along with a possible return of the Adventurer's Club.

And that's just a brief, vague idea I could see WDW going towards. Remember - "As long as there is imagination left in this world..." Walt Disney World will never be completed.

Got more questions? I'd love to heard them, and try my hardest to answer them! I look forward to answering as many as possible, so you can even post a whole list of questions, and I'll try to do my best to answer them! At the least I'll find someone who can answer your question so you get your answer!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together. " -Walt Disney

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 04-08-2011, 02:59 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
I've been to WDW like... 13-15 times I believe, so Magic Kingdom about... 30 or something, I don't keep track of that. (I'm guessing you've been many more times as I live like... 24 hours driving distance away and 3 hours by plane) haha, but umm... Is Pirates of The Caribbean one of the major down-time rides? I've ridden it a ton of times, but from my own personal experience I'm pretty sure it's been the one ride that has been down the most, or is most likely to be shut down for a few hours/day. Your thoughts?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
I've been to WDW like... 13-15 times I believe, so Magic Kingdom about... 30 or something, I don't keep track of that. (I'm guessing you've been many more times as I live like... 24 hours driving distance away and 3 hours by plane) haha, but umm... Is Pirates of The Caribbean one of the major down-time rides? I've ridden it a ton of times, but from my own personal experience I'm pretty sure it's been the one ride that has been down the most, or is most likely to be shut down for a few hours/day. Your thoughts?
Hehe, I lost count at 100 visits into a park per day in 2005. The year is 2011. I've gone more since then. I'm not gonna start counting up again either

As for the down-time? In my opinion, POTC is normally a ride that has 2 separate lines to wait. However, sometimes the ride does not use both lines at the same time. Recently I have seen it backed up over Spring Break due to only using one line. In my personal experience, some of the rides that have the most down time are SOARIN', Test Track, Toy Story Midway Mania!, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Expedition: Everest. Although I must say that Kilomanjaro Safaris also has it's own fair share of down time, but that is normally due to animal blocking the jeep's travel path.

-Stitchco ready for more questions as the WDW expert-nerd that he is
-Stitchco
Old 04-08-2011, 03:22 AM
im bored woo
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: LOL
LightningBrutus is floating through Inner Space
When we went to WDW last year we had to wait 3 hrs to ride test track D: it kept braking and braking.. LOL
Old 04-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
I'll add in some stuff into this:

I highly doubt there will be a new park within the next five years because right now, they just started the construction of Disneyland over in Shanghai, China. Right now in WDW, two more resort hotels are in construction (one is another expansion to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Art of Animation resort), there is some space for another themed land in DHS but the only place where its official that theres a Cars land is over at the California Adventure, Pleasure Island:

"As we're re-imagining this portion of Downtown Disney, we've shut down the nightclubs and are replacing them with an extraordinary mix of shopping, dining and other experiences for Guests of all ages. We're also currently considering a number of other unique concepts from around the globe. We look forward to sharing our progress over the coming months!" -From WDW FAQ

But I can agree that there should be more for the Kim Possible Showcase Adventure. I have also heard that there should be a new fireworks show for both Magic Kingdom and Epcot. For Epcot, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth was started out as Illuminations 2000: Reflections of Earth which was to promote their new millenium event then changed later on due to its popularity and after a decade past, they've started to create a new show. For Magic Kingdom, Wishes came out for replacing Fantasy in the Sky show in 2003, most likely that this show can last another two more years to fill in the ten years and its still a good show, but it's what the company thinks.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:56 AM
im bored woo
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: LOL
LightningBrutus is floating through Inner Space
Is there only one fireworks show that shows in magic kingdom? The last time we went we only got to see one so Im just curious to know if they had like..different ones on different days