Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki)

Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) This is the area to talk about the wiki, there is also a forum at toontowncentral.com for the wiki for those who are interested. http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/

Old The wiki needs some TLC

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
The wiki needs some TLC

The VMK side of the wiki honestly needs some work. The "Checklist" page is acting up again with the DPL or whatever it's called. There is a simple fix: make 26 categories for each type of item (furniture, pins, clothing; rooms can have a single cat. since they aren't affected; pins should still be divided just in case VMK comes back in the future), one for each letter of the alphabet. Do a DPL on the Checklist from each of the 26 categories. Also, some regular pages are missing some items (for example, many of the 2008-release ALR accessories, such as ALR Bushes and the Cave Walls, are missing from the main categories). I know it is not the usual protocol to ask to be an editor on a forum thread, but it seems that I am the last person left who would be willing to give the wiki the love it needs (if VMK reopens, we have a mess on our hands at the current situation). I will be soon going through screenshots of my massive inventory, turning the pictures into a text list for my own use. As I view the items' data on the wiki, I could help the wiki out by making some small categorizing edits. Therefore, I am officially asking to become an editor of the Disney Online Worlds wiki so that future visitors to our compendium of knowledge can know that the lists on the site are truly complete.

Last edited by StarBP; 01-11-2009 at 03:46 AM..