Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old Disney Contact Info - Phone #'s, e-mail, and adresses

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Captn, I still got ammo!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: VMK
kingkris is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamytime View Post
[email protected]
has NOT been returned!!
(he is the CEO so he is a great resource!!)

Bumpity Bump Bump!
Keep this information handy and make a contact EVERY DAY!!

I sent one to this email as well..... keep those contacts going... the more we send, the better the chances of it getting into the hands of someone that will care!

CALL THESE PEOPLE WHILE YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kingkris; 04-09-2008 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: Consecutive Posting/Spam
Old 04-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Turtle talk with Crush!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

black33 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
O_o

I've sent 3 messages to 3 different people, but i keep getting e-mails back saying that they can't be sent out..

has anyone else been having this problem?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Captn, I still got ammo!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by black33 View Post
O_o

I've sent 3 messages to 3 different people, but i keep getting e-mails back saying that they can't be sent out..

has anyone else been having this problem?

These have been confirmed as VALID email addresses :

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

These have been returned as UNDELIVERABLE :

[email protected]
[email protected]

I sent emails to everyone on this thread - These are the only ones that have been returned or that accepted my read receipt requests (they do not have to accept that so the ones that I have sent that have not been rejected are safe to assume they are valid).

Keep trying!!!

Last edited by Jacques; 04-10-2008 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: Removed CNN email
Old 04-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Marty Mcfly Rulez :D
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Curious
Disney Master 500 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Last night I spent 3 hours looking for disney e-mails and such, thanks for finding out this information!!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:24 AM
-The original- Green.i
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Reading
flaxygirl is floating through Inner Space
Try sending hand-written letters too. It shows you really put some time into and may be weighted more heavily.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:00 AM
Captn, I still got ammo!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaxygirl View Post
Try sending hand-written letters too. It shows you really put some time into and may be weighted more heavily.
Agreed 100%, but I will say, the more contacts, no matter how you do it, will help.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:07 AM
WDW Tours Provided Daily!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Stunt is floating through Inner Space
OK here's my letter which I will be sending to everyone on the list today and every day going forward. I will also be printing it out and mailing it in probably like two a week. Tell me what you think:

To Whom It May Concern:

Allow me a moment to introduce myself, my name is ******* and I am a VMK player. I’m writing this to you in the hopes of preventing an egregious error.

VMK has become a staple for many teens and adults over the course of the past two and a half years. I personally play almost every single day. I really think the Disney Company should re-consider canceling the game. Lots of friends have been made via this game; even friends from across the globe.

The only foreseeable reason to close VMK is because the game does not generate any revenue. I can understand that a game which produces no income and yet still has expenses is obviously a wasted venture. What I don’t understand is why has the company not done anything to generate income from this game?

Clearly the game has a fan following. Search Google or Yahoo and you will see the numerous fan sites devoted to it. Search ******* and you’ll see how people have incorporated it into their personal websites. Visit ******* and you’ll see how children actually make videos displaying their characters walking around set to music. Finally, visit Ebay. For a game that was free to everyone to play, many people have made good money selling their “virtual” items on Ebay. I of course understand that selling items on Ebay is “Against VMK values” but my point for bringing this up to illustrate a point. People WILL pay to play VMK!

I’ve seen many people pay hundreds of dollars for just one single VMK item on Ebay. Why has the Disney Company not capitalized on that yet? At a point, the company caught on and began selling VMK/Pirates blind boxed pin sets. Fantastic idea! As a result the pin sets sold out instantly. For about two to three months it was impossible to get those pins at the parks because they kept selling out. I have visited the parks many times since and the supply of pins is always very low. Why, why, why, has the company not caught on? People clearly are willing to pay to play VMK; I know I am. Rather than trying to steer an existing fan base to another on-line game, i.e. Pirates or Toon Town, why not take advantage of what is already in place and improve on it?

Obviously the company needs some sign that the game can generate revenue. The only way to prove this is to ask people for money. Make it to their advantage as well as your own. Most online games carry a $10-$20 monthly fee; just charge the same. My idea is, charge $15 a month for play or a special one time deal of $150 for a full year, saving $30, and $15 a month after that. Each person that chooses the special offer and pays the full amount up front can get some sort of in-game free item, like a badge saying “I Helped Save VMK.” Based on my experience as a player, the majority of people would opt for the special offer. As a result the company would have some quick start up capital to continue the project.

In addition to that, the VMK staff should partner up with the merchandising team and once again produce VMK related blind boxed pin sets. I speak for myself and others in saying that when the Pirates pin set came out I rushed to buy them. After I bought them my next question was, when can I get more. I was waiting for a set based on the Haunted Mansion or the Jungle Cruise or even the Tiki Room. Why were these not produced? It seemed to me like a winning situation. Pin collecting and trading at the Disney Parks is a huge source of entertainment and I’m sure income. Each park has their own designated pin location as well as additional stores and kiosks located throughout the park which sell pins. Selling pins based on the attractions combined with the elements of VMK would surely be profitable. It would be the perfect way to reach two separate but very similar consumers.

I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to read this and hope you understand that I write this with heavy heart. VMK has been a permanent fixture in my life for almost three years and I would truly hate to lose it. I’ve had an opportunity to meet some great people and I’d like to continue to meet more. I’m sure over the course of the next few weeks, leading up to the closure on May 21, you and many others will be inundated with emails and phones calls. Please take a minute to reconsider the closure and help restore our faith in Disney Magic… After all, “When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true.”

Very truly yours,
Old 04-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Registered+

Erikcrayons13 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
OK here's my letter which I will be sending to everyone on the list today and every day going forward. I will also be printing it out and mailing it in probably like two a week. Tell me what you think:

To Whom It May Concern:

Allow me a moment to introduce myself, my name is ******* and I am a VMK player. I’m writing this to you in the hopes of preventing an egregious error.

VMK has become a staple for many teens and adults over the course of the past two and a half years. I personally play almost every single day. I really think the Disney Company should re-consider canceling the game. Lots of friends have been made via this game; even friends from across the globe.

The only foreseeable reason to close VMK is because the game does not generate any revenue. I can understand that a game which produces no income and yet still has expenses is obviously a wasted venture. What I don’t understand is why has the company not done anything to generate income from this game?

Clearly the game has a fan following. Search Google or Yahoo and you will see the numerous fan sites devoted to it. Search ******* and you’ll see how people have incorporated it into their personal websites. Visit ******* and you’ll see how children actually make videos displaying their characters walking around set to music. Finally, visit Ebay. For a game that was free to everyone to play, many people have made good money selling their “virtual” items on Ebay. I of course understand that selling items on Ebay is “Against VMK values” but my point for bringing this up to illustrate a point. People WILL pay to play VMK!

I’ve seen many people pay hundreds of dollars for just one single VMK item on Ebay. Why has the Disney Company not capitalized on that yet? At a point, the company caught on and began selling VMK/Pirates blind boxed pin sets. Fantastic idea! As a result the pin sets sold out instantly. For about two to three months it was impossible to get those pins at the parks because they kept selling out. I have visited the parks many times since and the supply of pins is always very low. Why, why, why, has the company not caught on? People clearly are willing to pay to play VMK; I know I am. Rather than trying to steer an existing fan base to another on-line game, i.e. Pirates or Toon Town, why not take advantage of what is already in place and improve on it?

Obviously the company needs some sign that the game can generate revenue. The only way to prove this is to ask people for money. Make it to their advantage as well as your own. Most online games carry a $10-$20 monthly fee; just charge the same. My idea is, charge $15 a month for play or a special one time deal of $150 for a full year, saving $30, and $15 a month after that. Each person that chooses the special offer and pays the full amount up front can get some sort of in-game free item, like a badge saying “I Helped Save VMK.” Based on my experience as a player, the majority of people would opt for the special offer. As a result the company would have some quick start up capital to continue the project.

In addition to that, the VMK staff should partner up with the merchandising team and once again produce VMK related blind boxed pin sets. I speak for myself and others in saying that when the Pirates pin set came out I rushed to buy them. After I bought them my next question was, when can I get more. I was waiting for a set based on the Haunted Mansion or the Jungle Cruise or even the Tiki Room. Why were these not produced? It seemed to me like a winning situation. Pin collecting and trading at the Disney Parks is a huge source of entertainment and I’m sure income. Each park has their own designated pin location as well as additional stores and kiosks located throughout the park which sell pins. Selling pins based on the attractions combined with the elements of VMK would surely be profitable. It would be the perfect way to reach two separate but very similar consumers.

I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to read this and hope you understand that I write this with heavy heart. VMK has been a permanent fixture in my life for almost three years and I would truly hate to lose it. I’ve had an opportunity to meet some great people and I’d like to continue to meet more. I’m sure over the course of the next few weeks, leading up to the closure on May 21, you and many others will be inundated with emails and phones calls. Please take a minute to reconsider the closure and help restore our faith in Disney Magic… After all, “When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true.”

Very truly yours,
I really respect your thoughts, Stunt. I enjoyed reading this, and with the quote at the end, if gave me the chills Maybe it's because I like reading literature, but anyways, nice message. This should easily open the hearts of Disney associates.

Erikcrayons13
Old 04-10-2008, 02:32 AM
LostNDizzy

Marian1601 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I just got an email from disneymovierewards and they have a newletter feedback on the front page. I clicked it and after about three questions there was a area to write feedback. I mentioned the fact that I would no longer be buying Disney movies for rewards unless they once again offer VMK items. I asked them to help us save VMK.

Just a thought and another avenue to try!

This is feedback only, not a survery for the 100 extra reward points.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:41 AM
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikcrayons13 View Post
I really respect your thoughts, Stunt. I enjoyed reading this, and with the quote at the end, if gave me the chills Maybe it's because I like reading literature, but anyways, nice message. This should easily open the hearts of Disney associates.

Erikcrayons13
Thank you for reading it, I know it was long but I had a lot to say.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Registered+

Erikcrayons13 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Thank you for reading it, I know it was long but I had a lot to say.
I go through those phases when I don't care how long it is- I'll read it. Especially when the punctuation is correct, and theres strong vocabulary Will get a lot more attention if it's that way.

P.S. At this point, we all have a lot to say, as a matter of fact, too much to say. I'm not even positive that Disney will read all of our messages, but, the only way this kingdom has any more than 0% chance of staying open, is if we keep our faith.

Good luck to everyone who is calling/e-mailing!

Erikcrayons13
Old 04-10-2008, 03:16 AM
Registered+

lemon_seed is spinning in a Cursed Storm
may i sugest some thing...
my friend in real has a lot of other friends that do VMK in real and she made a potetion for them to sign and send in. I think that we all shoud do this. you could sent it to all of the resorts. Think about how many letters would be sent ig we all sent just one in VMK would hopefull think about staying oppen.
>
>
>
Remember if you live out of state try to send it soon that way it gets there before there is nothing we can do

ty
Old 04-10-2008, 03:19 AM
Awards Showcase

Petitions are fantastic but my personal opinion is that everyone should do their part and email, call, and send snail mail. One petition with a lot of names is not as powerful as thousands of letters.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:22 AM
Captn, I still got ammo!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt View Post
Petitions are fantastic but my personal opinion is that everyone should do their part and email, call, and send snail mail. One petition with a lot of names is not as powerful as thousands of letters.
100% agree Stunt. Petitions online are only going to go so far. They know how many people play the game. Calls and letters are going to make more of an impact then a list of the players.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Awards Showcase

Another suggestion, based off the idea about CNN, contact the local news in the Orlando and Los Angeles areas. Seeing as these are news markets closest to WDW and DLR, these would be the best ones. I would also recommend contacting some of the bigger publications such as the Miami Herald, New York Times, USA Today, etc... In addition, Yah oo, MSN and Aol also have news features that may be worth contacting.

So far I've emailed everyone at the Orlando Sentinel and will be working on more soon.