Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Virtual Guides & Help Info

Virtual Guides & Help Info In here is a guide to all the aspects of VMK the game. NO SPOILERS

Old DaoncePeeps' Guide To Trading.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:17 PM
ily. <3.

peepsdancez is spinning in a Cursed Storm
DaoncePeeps' Guide To Trading.

Hello, hello.
I've decided to make a trading guide, to help others.

People are constantly asking me how I come up with all of my stuff, and I simply reply, a lot of trading, which is true. In this guide I have emphasized and expanded on the 6 rules and ideas I think every trader should know.
So, without further adue, here they are:

#1. Supply and Demand
This is the basic rule in trading. It may not seem important, but it is the first step to take in becoming a good trader. Now we shall compare rarity with demand. When trading, you must always keep in mind an item's rarity/demand. Demand is what prices are set on, not rarity. Try and trade quantity for quality, an in-demand item is always more valueable in the market than a bunch of regular, rare items. Supply is also a factor. There are not many yellow travel boxes in the game. This means a low supply, which also increases prices. However, since there is not much demand for this item, the trade value is not as high as its actual rarity.

#2. Offering for Items
Offering for a larger item is the base to profit in trading. If you're offering for an item, always keep in mind the trade value of what you're giving and what you could get. Creating an offer may be tough, and some people don't like to do it. It can be a great advantage to know how to offer for an item, so work on offering. Some people think that the only way you can profit when offering for an item is by underoffering of by being 'cheap'. This is not true, making a fair offer for an item can be very profit-worthy, if you can find the right person to trade it to. Remember, offering for a larger, better item is not just a trade, it's an investment.

#3. Trading Items of Value
Here is an important section in my guide. When you obtain an item of high value, or that's in demand, and decide to trade it, you should be looking at key factors. If you decide to trade the item, decide what you would like for it. Think of what you gave for it, what people are currently offering, and what you want. Remember that when you're the trader, you're in control. Don't be hassled into accepting offers. Only take an offer that you like, and that you feel is worthy of the item.

#4. The 'value' of an item
Of course, every item has its trade value. In theory, this is average of the two extremes in value that the item trades for. People are always asking me what an item is worth. Some people think that if you trade for something and you give more than what it is 'worth', you made a bad trade. This is not necessarily true, after all, if you can find someone who will offer more than what you gave, who cares? The value of an item should always be considered, but with the least regard. You don't need to know the exact value of every item to be a good trader.

#5. Seeking Profit in Every Trade You Make
This section is probably the most beneficial to all the readers. Here is some basic steps on how to seek and achieve profit in all your trades. Whenever you're trading/offering for an item, the value of the items should be at your convinience. Also, remember that sometimes, you must sacrifice one deal for another. Take advantage of how people value items. For instance, if someone values a gold snowman at 1 firewall, and another person values it at two, you can trade for it at 1 firewall, and trade it for two, making a profit of a firewall. Always have in mind what you gave for an item, the current value of it, and the value of what you're getting for it. This applies to all the trades you make. If you follow this, only profit can come from your trades.

#6. Just Trade!
This is the final section of my short trade guide. Like the title says, the key to trading is well,..trading! The more trades you do, the more profit you can make. You can't make good trades all the time. Sometimes you make fair trades or bad trades. Don't stress over it, live and learn. Keep trading for any items of value, and soon you'll discover that you're making a profit.

Well, that's it for my short trading guide. Please don't critize it, I just want to help

I hope this guide has helped, please comment/post
Old 02-10-2008, 08:44 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Thank you for the guide

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 02-12-2008 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: resolved
Old 02-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Where Dreams Come True

Magic is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is a great guide you made Dance.

Thanks for the advice
Old 02-10-2008, 08:54 PM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
Nice job! -applause-
Old 02-10-2008, 08:57 PM
♥ It's Magic Month ♥
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

FlyingCinder is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Agreed. *slaps on back* Must have taken alot of typing eh? ^^''

Old 02-10-2008, 09:04 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
This is the best-written trading guide I've seen here.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:39 PM
ImJustBeeNme
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Pensive
bee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confetti
Very nicely done.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:18 AM
ily. <3.

Thanks for all the comments everyone

Old 02-11-2008, 04:16 AM
Guest Room Interior.

My Mood: VMK
virtualmagicguy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thank You Dance! That's a great summary about how to trade! =D
I can never do any good from trading .. a little though.
But this whole guide is great, it might improve my trading skills =)
Old 02-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Aggressive
CaptainLegoDude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Very Nice, It Explaines All The Things You Need To Look Out For, Very Nicely Done.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:32 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
My easy rule for any trade is.. Could you get back what you traded for the item or even a bit more?
Example - If I received a snowman for a firewall and couch and stool, If I traded those together could I get the snowman back? Could I get it back with something added in or for just 2 of the 3 items?
If yes to these then it's a fair or better trade.
Oh and rule #2 - It's all pretend - you got it once, you'll get it back - Don't sweat the bad trades!
Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth View Post
My easy rule for any trade is.. Could you get back what you traded for the item or even a bit more?
Example - If I received a snowman for a firewall and couch and stool, If I traded those together could I get the snowman back? Could I get it back with something added in or for just 2 of the 3 items?
Oh and rule #2 - It's all pretend - you got it once, you'll get it back - Don't sweat the bad trades!
I do that too. I see if i can get the things i originally had back
Old 02-11-2008, 12:34 PM
ily. <3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth View Post
Of course, this is an easy and an efficient rule in trading. But you never know for sure if you will be able to get it back.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Very nice guide!

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 02-12-2008 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: resolved
Old 02-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Registered+

My Mood: Mischievous
Aislynne is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i applaud you on this well written, short and concise trading guide. Best I've seen yet.