Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old Universal Studios...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Registered+

avatarskydragon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have been knowing what it ment. This Feb. I had went to Unversal for my first time. Every one i had talked to said it was better than WDW. From my oppinuon (Because I love Disney Better)... I do not think t was worth the money we paid. Plus+ It has The Cat In The Hat Ride... and i think the Many Adventures of Winne The Pooh was better ( and i did not even like the Winne The Pooh Ride).
Old 06-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

skip has disabled reputation
Wow, you thought 2D cardboard cutouts and stationary figures with mirrors was better than well-done animatronics, music, and detailed sets? Because basically that's what you're saying. Especially since you didn't like the Pooh ride.

And Florida, you're probably right about the taste thing. Universal pretty much snags anyone between 10-50. Disney is spectacular as a younger kid park, but it isn't so hot with the teens/young adults.

But, sorry, in my opinion Citywalk is 10x better than Downtown Disney.

-skippyskippy
Old 06-17-2006, 12:47 AM
ComebackAwesomeSakurachan

KristyNWonder is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The people at Universal are mean. My friends planned it into their WDW vacation. When I asked how their vacation was they told me they wore their disneyland shirts to Universal and cast members made smart remarks about Disneyland to them. They said they wouldn't go back again, not because it wasn't fun, but people the cast member’s attitudes towards them brought down their vacation. They said they wasted two days when they could have been in WDW.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:50 AM
The Voice Of Reason

My Mood: Ghosty
PinPoint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think the commercial is funny! lol Disney doesn't really care...
Old 06-17-2006, 12:51 AM
Secrets of the VMK member

ACEROLLER is as Frosty as a Snowman
Wow this thread has gone crazy with opinions. I would like to acknowledge skippyskippy and CL_Floridaoranges for there comments they were great. I agree with everything everyone is saying. You people need to understand that Disney does not care about these commercials. They brush them off like a fly buzzing around them. As for the Universal finicial trouble and the Disney quality trouble i agree on some and dissagree on other aspcets of that point. Universal does have amazing theming to there attractions but Disney takes a step up. Disney's quality is great on Expedition Everest but poor on rides like Pirates or Small world before they referbed them. Disney referbs the things that they know are losing their quality. I do agree that Universal does have the upperhand on the teen market, but there are way more little kids in the world. That is what is giving Disney the big upper hand. If you go to Disney right now you will see it crowded this year has been really crowded as i have seen and heard. So my final point, for all you people who said this is an outrage Disney is going to lose so many people over this. You are wrong Disney is keeping strong and brushing off the competition.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Awards Showcase

Amen to that, Ace. LET THIS THREAD DIE. We can have a Universal vs. Disney discussion in another thread.

Oh, and about the Disneyland shirts... did you know, that if you wear a Universal shirt to a Disney park, you'll get the SAME reaction from the employees? No, really!

Btw, Universal DOES refurbish the rides in need of refurb. In fact, they're refurbishing things every day. Every night they go into every ride and fix/tweak things. And sometimes if it's on a larger scale they close the ride for a bit. Take Dueling Dragons... they are currently repainting the entire track and making enhancements to its already spectacular queue.

And yes, there are probably more kids than teens... the thing is, kids turn into teens everyday...

BWUAHAHA!

-skippyskippy
Old 06-17-2006, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyskippy
Amen to that, Ace. LET THIS THREAD DIE. We can have a Universal vs. Disney discussion in another thread.
Right on SkippySkippy right on. I agree with everything you say i tried to stop this thread a long time ago because people were fighting. I guess it did not work ;-). Great opinions though by everyone who posted on this thread.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:36 AM
Awards Showcase

I think I'll post a new thread entitled Disney vs. Universal. Do ya think I should put it in Off Topic or Disney Gossip?

-skippyskippy
Old 06-17-2006, 01:37 AM

Very good idea i am not sure though. Hmmm I would say Disney Gossip but you can ask the administrators if you wanted to. I will post on it tomorrow i am tired of proving a point tonight. Goodnight to all.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:46 AM
BABii i MiSS yOU<33

djay is spinning in a Cursed Storm
yes, please close. I didn't want fighting, only discussing.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Awards Showcase

Right, this thread about a commercial has turned into a huge arguement. Let's put that in another thread that I'm posting.

-skippyskippy
Old 06-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Used to be Infamous

Silentkid has disabled reputation
Listen to my post everyone.

sorry for bringing the thread up again. Just wanted to say my "final words,man".

It is just a commercial which is about 15 seconds long or somewhat.
I mean "The Simpsons" always make fun of Disney for maybe one whole 30 minute episode and I don't see people making deal out of it. I mean the commercial was just a pure joke. Can't you take a joke? I mean I remember a long time ago Disney did try to do something like this.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:16 AM

jdrocks ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Disney is kind of being stupid sueing them because they are loosing they're eletricity and an eletricity company owns US sooooo Disney is kind of not being "smart". Do I even make sense?!? lol
~Jenny~
Old 06-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Awards Showcase

Since when is Disney suing Universal over this darn commercial?

Let the thread die... we can argue over in Disney Gossip...

-skippyskippy
Old 06-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Registered+

avatarskydragon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
skippyskippy, i agreia with you that the city walk is better than downtown disney! (way way better!!!)