Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Films

Disney Films Once upon a time, before the evil Shareholders came along and ruined everything, Disney made movies like THIS...>>*<<

Old Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:28 PM
I will never grow-up
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: VMK
autoalice is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraspingClaw View Post
By the way, has anyone read any of the Alice-in-Wonderland-inspired series of books by Frank Beddor? I've only read the first, entitled "The Looking Glass Wars", so far. I didn't think it was amazing, but enjoyable enough and definitely put an interesting spin on the story. I'd recommend it to any major Alice fans out there.
I just started reading the first one today actually after having bought it a little while ago. I read the diary from the series and was entertained by it. I just never got time to read them until now, and they got packed away for a couple months after our house flooded and it was getting repaired which didn't help any. I like the angle it's going for. It looks like they're working on a movie as well. If you have not heard the soundtrack (music inspired by the book) I highly recommend it. I have that and it stayed in the car for ages. My kids really like it as well.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Registered+

leggomyeggo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks to all; I've gone to my local library and looked for the AiW books but they were taken out already. :/ They told me to come back after two weeks. o.O I've gone to amazon.com and ordered them. I expect I'll be reading Alice's adventures in a few weeks!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Cautious
TBs_Creation is floating through Inner Space
Oh the Jabberwocky,

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought–
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came wiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Here's a picture for the folks who never saw him before.

Attachment 34723

Last edited by TBs_Creation; 01-25-2009 at 06:11 AM..
Old 01-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Anne Hathaway, while doing press for *grimace* ..Bride Wars, spoke briefly about her role in Alice as the, um, Queen Ant in Greenscreen Land:

“I play the White Queen. I filmed this past fall. I worked for two weeks. I had an absolute ball. I was very lucky I had a couple of weeks to create this character. The thing about Tim is that whenever you are working with an auteur like that, your limits for the character are the limits for their imagination and in the case of Tim Burton there are no limits to his imagination. It was wonderful living in a very creative world everyday. It was odd -- I have never done full greenscreen before: there was a room four times the size of this room, with ceilings that go three times as high and it’s all green. You feel like you live in a kind of ant colony… a very green one. That was strange… but it was just new. I loved working with Johnny Depp. And Mia, the girl who plays Alice – people are gonna love her portrayal, she is a very exciting young actress… I loved it. I just loved playing my character.”

By the way, still no confirmation on whether or not that picture of Depp as the Mad Hatter is real or not. I still think it looks like someone cropped his face from Edward Scissorhands and slapped it on a guy in an orange suit, but I guess time will tell.

Last edited by GraspingClaw; 01-26-2009 at 07:51 AM..
Old 07-26-2009, 11:17 PM
&lt;--Thanks BelgianWaffle!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Pwness
CaptainZeke is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Stupid text block... Well, the trailer's out. I'd suggest a place to watch it, but it seems to be blocked. Just go to the most popular internet video site and search 'Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland".
Old 07-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I totally dig Original Disney films, re-adaptations I am not much into. I have seen some of Burton's films and I am not too fond of them. I will stick to the original Disney's Alice in Wonderland. Thank You.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Here From Day 1
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Disney
zephr is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is actually a sequel to the original Alice in Wonderland story. Alice has grown up - she's in her late teens or early twenties, and has forgotten all about Wonderland. She is proposed to at a Victorian picnic and runs away, follows the White Rabbit down the hole.
Neverland is not the way it used to be, and she must join all of her old friends to fight the Queen of Hearts and restore Wonderland to its whimsical old self.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
I can't wait for the movie. I'm so doing the Imax 3D thing. LOL
Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Just saw the previews for it today when I went to see Avatar (incredible btw) and it looks like it's gonna be awesome! If I went to see it, it would be for the 3D experience.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:01 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
The movie looks beautiful, but I'm rather disappointed that it's not the original story, but rather some sort of sequel. I'm still looking forward to it, of course.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I absolutely can't wait to see this movie!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:01 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
here's what I know so far...

ALICE KINGSLEIGH (Mia Wasikowska)
A 19-year-old woman contemplating her future. An independent soul, she feels trapped in the narrow-minded views of women in aristocratic Victorian London. Alice Kingsleigh is uncertain how to balance her dreams with other people's expectations. Following the death of her beloved father, she attends a garden party with her mother and sister, although, unbeknownst to her, it's been planned as her engagement party. Just as the arrogant and dull Hamish Ascot proposes to her, Alice spots a White Rabbit wearing a waistcoat and pocket watch scurrying across the grounds. She rushes off after the furry fellow, tumbling down a rabbit hole and into Underland, a place she first visited as a child (and called Wonderland) - though she has no memory of it or its inhabitants. Alice nevertheless reunites with her childhood friends, including Absolem the caterpillar, the Cheshire Cat, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, and of course, the Mad Hatter - and seeks her true destiny. "In the beginning, Alice is very awkward and uncomfortable in her skin," Wasikowska says. "So her experience in Underland is about reconnecting with herself and finding she has the strength to be more self-assured in figuring out what she wants."

CHESSUR, THE CHESHIRE CAT (voice of Stephen Fry)
A dapper tabby with the ability to appear and disappear. He is all calm with a grin that masks his cowardice. It's the cat's disembodied head that first appears to Alice in Tulgey Wood after she's been attacked by the vicious Bandersnatch. He offers to purify the gashes on her arm by licking them. Alice declines, although she allows him to lead her to the Hatter's Tea Party where the Hatter blames him for deserting them on the day the Red Queen seized control of Underland. Using his skills and the Hatter's coveted top hat, Chessur later finds a way to redeem himself.

THE MAD HATTER (Johnny Depp)
He doesn't just wear his heart on his sleeve - his ever-changing moods are quite literally reflected in his face and his attire. He's been anxiously awaiting Alice's return and is, arguably, her one true friend, believing in her when nobody else does. He is fearless, going to great lengths to protect her at his own risk. Once the proud hat maker for the White Queen, the Hatter has been affected by mercury poisoning, an unfortunate side effect of the hat-making process, and isn't altogether well.

IRACEBETH, THE RED QUEEN (Helena Bonham Carter)
Thee tyrannical monarch of Underland. With her oversized head, fiery temper and propensity to scream for people's heads to be chopped off, she rules her subjects through fear. "She's got emotional problems," says Bonham Carter. "It takes nothing, practically, for her to lose her temper. Her tantrums are that of a two-year-old." Her younger sibling, the White Queen, has designs on the throne and crown that Iracebeth once stole from her.

ILOSOVIC STAYNE, THE KNAVE OF HEARTS
(Crispin Glover)
The head of the Red Queen's Army. Seven feet, six-inches tall, with a scarred face and a heart-shaped patch covering his left eye, Stayne is an arrogant, tricky character who follows the Red Queen's every order. He's the only one capable of pacifying her and calming her dramatic mood swings. "I am the martial element for the Red Queen," says Glover. "The Red Queen has a fair amount of short-tempered reactions to things that people do, and so my character has to be quite diplomatic." His darker side emerges in the shadows of the castle hallways.

TMCTWISP, THE WHITE RABBIT
(voice of Michael Sheen)
Always late, always in a hurry, always rushing about. Charged with finding Alice and bringing her back to Underland so that she can fulfill her destiny, he shows up at her garden party in an effort to lure her back down the rabbit hole. "He's a warm character," says Sheen, "but, at the same time, he can be quite fussy and quite strict with Alice as well. He has an edge to him, a nervous energy, always feeling like he's behind time. Time is very important to him, but he's quite brave when called upon."

MALLYMKUN, THE DORMOUSE
(voice of Barbara Windsor)
A swashbuckling mouse in Underland who wears riding breeches. She refuses to believe that the White Rabbit has found the right Alice, the one who can help return Underland to its true splendor, and is only too happy to poke poor Alice in the ankle with a hat pin when Alice insists she's only dreaming. But the tough little mouse comes through in a pinch when Alice is threatened by a clawing creature called a Bandersnatch. Her loyalty to the Hatter is unmatched, and she willingly faces the prospect of death to stand by him.

ABSOLEM, THE CATERPILLAR (voice of Alan Rickman)
The all-knowing and absolute guardian of the Oraculum, an ancient document that depicts every major event, past, present and future, in Underland's history. Alice is taken by the White Rabbit and the Tweedles to meet Absolem, so that he can ascertain whether she is, in fact, the real Alice who first visited Underland as a child, the Alice who is destined to help them. They find the bulbous blue caterpillar atop a mushroom in a mushroom forest surrounded by misty smoke. Several times Absolem challenges Alice to come to a better understanding of herself, forcing her to face the difficult question: "Who are you?"

FOR SOME REASON...the pictures don't show up for me, is that happening to you guys, too??

All credit goes to GG and her awesome siggy-making powers.

Last edited by Jezzi; 02-02-2010 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: fixed picture links
Old 02-04-2010, 01:12 AM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Pretty cool!!!! :3 I can't wait to see it come out!! Is it coming out in 3-D or normal or both?

Signature by Skrik
Old 02-06-2010, 05:00 AM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think this will be more of a scary movie than a fairy tale.

Tim Burton will tend to take something and make it extremely creepy.

The Mad Hatter also looks like a cross between Marilyn Manson and Carrot Top.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:45 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
rotfl. Marilyn Manson and Carrot Top.
I seriously can't wait for Alice in Wonderland.
XD