Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old 4/07/08 - Yavn Speaks: VMK CLOSES FOR GOOD!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:03 AM
A Silly Girl

My Mood: Dreamy
dreamytime is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernov View Post
Woah. Seriously guys. We've all played this game for 3 years and yall are just giving up like that? I mean ok all good things must come to an end but VMK still has such a large fan base. If everyone called them or contacted Disney in some way they would see that we all love it and want it to stay. Sure Disney can be rude but if enough people stand up and have a say then what's stopping us from saving a game we all love? I mean this is 3 years of memories, 3 years of trying to earn the rare things, 3 years of vactioning in Flordia or California to get VMK items, 3 years of some of the best friends in the world that no one could ever pass up on. It's only been 3 years. If we are all quiet and don't stand up for something then why do we have mouths? What makes us different from people in the past who stood up and saved things? We are all people. We can do this.
You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!

Google Disney Internet Group
Use the contact us form there
Find the phone number --- easy to find as well.

Make your voice heard!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Silly boy.

My Mood: Woot
GoofyLuke ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I think we can do this. If it's even pay to play
Old 04-08-2008, 02:07 AM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
if that is what they need.. make this game a pay to play game!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:09 AM
VMK 4ever

My Mood: Amuzed
gamedudegamedude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
OMG nooooooooo i cant live without vmk im depressed
Old 04-08-2008, 02:10 AM
← They Call Me Polo
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Morose
poloshia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As if things could get any worse... Ladies and Gentlemen, the unthinkable has happened.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:12 AM
VMK 4ever

My Mood: Amuzed
gamedudegamedude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
its like disney trying to get money from us for 3 years, make us buy cards then just close vmk! YAVN UR SUCH a lier u lie GO to well um BAD WORLD!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:12 AM
rawr.

My Mood: Gloomy
Misskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This stinks. I can't even wrap my head around it. :'(
Old 04-08-2008, 02:16 AM
FROOT LOOPS!

magicaldisneygirll is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This truly is awful. I just sent a letter in to contact us. I can't believe I'm never going to be able to talk to some of my friends It makes me wonder how many people are going to give out personal info just to stay in touch with their friends... I hope vmk realizes what a huge affect this will have on the players.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Friends change your life.

bravenickdude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Throughout my entire VMK experience i knew that someday vmk will close, why next month? why not in like a year or so?

During my 2 and a half years of playing i have always set goals and made new friends. I have met some of the nicest people in my life on this small little virtual game. I have reached many of my vmk goals and felt happy about it, by why should it all go down the drain. VMK is the only place where players have a good time and can share there laughter with everybody. Toontown, POTCO, and Club Penguin can't do that. Although vmk has had some bad times in it's past it is still a fun place to be.
But seriously why after the Blackheart quest? That quest caused Chaos and after reading some posts i started to cry for what it did. Why end it when almost all the magic is gone?

My plan was to take a little break from vmk bc i play it so much, now that vmk is closing im going insane.

Im going to send a message to Nick and see what will happen witht hese forums.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:18 AM
VMK name- RealWildCompany
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

wdmountie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaldisneygirll View Post
This truly is awful. I just sent a letter in to contact us. I can't believe I'm never going to be able to talk to some of my friends It makes me wonder how many people are going to give out personal info just to stay in touch with their friends... I hope vmk realizes what a huge affect this will have on the players.
well if they ban you its not like that is such a bad thing at this point.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:19 AM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamytime View Post
You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!

Google Disney Internet Group
Use the contact us form there
Find the phone number --- easy to find as well.

Make your voice heard!
Disney, like most major companies, is motivated by one thing: money. My family just spent $1700 renewing our WDW annual passes and we spend a small fortune each day we are in the parks (character meals, pins). While not all of the vmk community is fortunate to visit the parks regularly, many of us do. I personally will consider spending some of that money with their competitors in the near future. I do not believe that a company whose stated purpose is to create dreams and memories (thereby making a lot of money), would allow something that would disappoint so many. If you are one of the many who believe vmk should go on, my recommendation is to contact Disney directly. Contacting vmk will likely have no impact.

Regardless, it has been a blast; thanks to all the friends I have made along the way! Take care- StitchMayhem

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-08-2008 at 11:38 AM..
Old 04-08-2008, 02:19 AM
SAVE VMK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SweetSammi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
omg!??!!?!

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-08-2008 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Size
Old 04-08-2008, 02:21 AM
Banned

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Dreaming
supernov is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well I just emailed the online group this:
Quote:
I hate that you are closing down VMK. It is a great game. It was always a good money maker even though it was not pay to play. If you need to make it pay to play then do that. People would go to Disne, buy the ceral, etc. for VMK. It has been 3 years. Thats 3 years of memories. It's like a part of peoples lives. I mean if you have a friend for 3 years you just don't get rid of them. I mean if you go like at VMK Fan Site and see how many people are upset maybe you would rethink this. I know now that Disney has been moved to the bottom of many people's favorite list and many will be looking for another company to support or even become more loyal too. VMK was award winning material. It showed parents Disney knew how to be safe online and teach kids online safety. If you can't keep something that has become like a best friend to some people then why should we keep Disney as our favorite company?
Old 04-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Pocahontas Fan
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Bashfull
Slamina is covered with ConfettiSlamina is covered with ConfettiSlamina is covered with Confetti
dude.. Im gonna miss all of you so much! I'll never forget any of you. I just wish we could have a year warning or something.. but a month and a half? that's totally weak
Old 04-08-2008, 02:24 AM
DisneylandsGreat

monniedisny is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I am permanently disabled and playing this game allows me to keep my mind off the pain! I have made friends here and worked hard going to the park to get stuff which was not easy for me to do. I love playing this game bc it makes me feel like I am at Disneyland when I am not able to get there. I don't like toon town or potc its not like VMK at all! I used to play neo pets and sims and wanted a virtual game that I could play that was Disney and yeah we got VMK. I enjoy playing this and can feel the magic and like I am there in the park when I am not able to get there being disabled its not easy to. Please don't take this away from me, its the only entertainment I have! I will even pay to play this game if I have to, I love this vmk world so much better and I don't think Walt Disney would be to happy that if you have so many unhappy people to take this away. I think he would say this is a good place and nice environment for kids so keep it! You want to be all about money fine, I am sure if you make this a paid game like toon town you will have more people playing this than any other game and make money and I don't think its fair to have had us spend money at the park and then take this away from us. Please don't do this !