Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old I did it!!!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:13 AM
Registered+

KrazyLuke ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
1. Nintendo does not write up their own articles, but actually gets them from other places just like many other stories and headlines you see and read. Therefore- I am not sure if contacting them would necessarily help.

2. I dont see how contacting your local news station or newspaper would be much help either. Sure, you are getting the story out to the public, but not many people will care for as many probably don't even know of VMK. The news stations are there to have full coverage of what people want to see and know about. Therefore news about the presidential race, the economy, the war, etc. will definitely be before anything regarding a free virtual game closing.

I am not saying to give up, but I wouldn't bother writing your local newspaper unless it's a "bigger" paper that covers more than just the surrounding area news. Although if you live in the Orlando or Anaheim areas it would be good to hit up those local newspapers.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:52 AM
Extraordinary
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Lonely
Shartruse is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Things I'll try to do to save vmk:

1.Sign petitions and even make a charity event to send money to WDIG trying to keep vmk open.
2.Contact local news and newspaper.
3. Pray for luck or a miracle.
4.Keep on emailing Stephen Wadsworth and complain.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Doodoodoodoo
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

2starTagregory is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyLuke View Post
1. Nintendo does not write up their own articles, but actually gets them from other places just like many other stories and headlines you see and read. Therefore- I am not sure if contacting them would necessarily help.

2. I dont see how contacting your local news station or newspaper would be much help either. Sure, you are getting the story out to the public, but not many people will care for as many probably don't even know of VMK. The news stations are there to have full coverage of what people want to see and know about. Therefore news about the presidential race, the economy, the war, etc. will definitely be before anything regarding a free virtual game closing.

I am not saying to give up, but I wouldn't bother writing your local newspaper unless it's a "bigger" paper that covers more than just the surrounding area news. Although if you live in the Orlando or Anaheim areas it would be good to hit up those local newspapers.
Thanks for the info on Nintendo, and I am contacting both cities' papers later today after school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xigbar View Post
I contacted my local news channel about VMK, and they said they might put it on the news with the link to the main petition! I did it too! I think we all should do this!
Thank you! I have seen threads about this and I am glad to know I am not in the open wearing a steak suit.

Whispered

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-14-2008 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: non-english
Old 04-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Lalalaaaaa......
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
ZooZoo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Even though VMK was for the 50th promotion thingie for Disney, it doesn't mean it can't continue
Old 04-14-2008, 08:27 PM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Princess
FabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their head
i sent this to my local news channel as well and they said theyd look into it
Old 04-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Doodoodoodoo
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Let's make this happen! We can do it!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Registered+

TinkTaylor is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I LOVE How Everyone Has Such A Positive Attitude! I Contacted My Local News Too
Old 04-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
To..

My Wii!!
Old 04-15-2008, 12:11 AM
VMK-less

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
BlueTinky ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
That's a great idea! Also, if any of you have websites, make a section about this and promote that part of your site! If this makes it on any news station, I'd like to know so I cand watch it.

Here's the headline now:

Disney Makes Thousands of People Mad by Closing a Popular Site!

Lol ;-)
Old 04-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
The Wii News gets all their info from the Associated Press. Contact them, not Wii News.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Doodoodoodoo
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Let's keep up the work, i sent it to Disney's cities' newspapers!

EDIT: Look on this tomorrow morning Gtg now but Keep up the good work!
EDIT2: And, WE HAVE MADE NEWS! My local newspaper has published it on THE FRONT PAGE! It shall stay there for at least this week, they said. This also means that Disney will have to consider this. The massive amounts of money they will lose due to this publicity are HUGE! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-15-2008 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: Double posted/Early Bump
Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I looked all over the internet and found the news! I have to admit, this is pretty great. Glad it made it on your paper too. Our next target?
Old 04-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Today:A day of the year
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Amuzed
hikoik is spinning in a Cursed Storm
.-. I'm not happy about vmk closing either...... but....... the governor? o.o aren't we getting Just A Bit over our heads?
what reason does he have to try and keep open a small advertisement made by disney?
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, and it could work, proven with the news story and stuff, but yeah.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Doodoodoodoo
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Uh.. Thank you? I just have to say awesome job VMKF!
Old 04-17-2008, 02:10 AM
hi
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: VMK
MsBored is as Frosty as a Snowman
Even though my country has nothing to do with Disney, I'll try to find a news channel to send it to.

I don't think they will ever accept my letter if I send it because Canada + Disney just don't mix. And Canda is more of a, well, the place I live in there are ALWAYS more important news going on so I don't know...