Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old 'But I can reach for the stars!'

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:22 AM
Walking walking walking..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Ticklish
larkija is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Post The Life And Times of Astroboy: The Ordinary VMK Player

Hello! Larkija here.
My computer's internet went down, so all I had were Paint, Word, and some cheesey computer games. So, I decided to make a story. The Life and Times of Astroboy: The Ordinary VMK Player. (If this is your real title on VMK, good for you! ) I'm not completely finished, but I just made the beginning. This story has nothing completely non-related VMK stuff, but many things I added to make it more, life-like. Enjoy, and remember to post comments below!

The world was quiet, not a bird tweeting in the air, nor a bee buzzing past its flower, full of the yellowy goodness of pollen. Out went the cold, harsh air from the night and in with the pleasant warm feeling from the sun. The clock ticked on the Main Street building. Half past nine. Thirty more minutes until the crowds come pouring in, ready to find those characters and go set up their boats for a journey out sea for a freighting pirate adventure. Tick, tock, tick, tock. Many people are at the gates, ready with their name and password. They are right near the entrance to the kingdom. Minutes go by, people’s hands trembling, trying to be the first ones in. More and more people come to the gates of Main Street, with their crisp red tickets in their hand. Five minutes before ten, a time where the entire entrance is packed with players, anxious to get in. More and more people pile up in front of the gates, impatient for them to open up once again. Three minutes, two minutes, time whizzes by without anybody noticing. By the time one minute was left, people were hollering, “Woo! One minute, people!” That minute flew by, and the gates clicked open. They opened slowly, and everyone else rushed by into the silver turn slides. Click! Click! People walked as fast as they could go through the turn slide and showing their ticket.
More and more people ran by into the kingdom, most heading for the Emporium. There is a strange woman there, name’s Esmeralda. She is like the master of the shop, hovering in the center in her little fortune teller booth. Many people come to see her, ready to get the money she honestly gives out from her large salaries she earns from this shop. There are also many other people like this, but she is usually the first one to have people come and get some credits.
One of these people, was a small boy named Astroboy. Some people called him Astro, or just Astroboy, and some people just called him “Hey, you” or “Dude, move.” He mostly looked like a boy with some white and black sneakers, stone washed jeans, a red polo shirt, and his hair in a pushed over style. Many people did not know him; he had around 34 friends in his friends list book. Astroboy may have made friends by asking, but lost friends more than he could write down somebody new in his journal.
“Hey, dude, move out of the way.” a boy told him.
Astroboy said nothing. He gave a look at him and moved slowly towards a palm tree.
“Huhh…” Astroboy sighed. The Street Party Music Lobby wasn’t the best place in the kingdom to stay by yourself. He gazed around at all the flashing lights, dancing people, and flashy store signs. He walked over towards the exit and continued his way down Main Street. He sat down on a wooden bench, right next to the VMK Central. He looked around some more, staring at the people talking. He wondered why he wasn’t one of them; he wondered why he wasn’t with them.
He finally stood up and walked with his head down towards the Central Plaza. He looked at the square trees, popcorn stand, and the balloons on the rooftops. That’s when he wondered: Why am I here? Why aren’t I somewhere else?
He decided to walk back out of the Central Plaza back onto Main Street. He got out of the seat and walked with his head up. Astroboy looked at the scenery as he walked by, mostly at the strange stores nobody seemed to go into. From Main Street, he paced down into the Esplanade, looking at all the trees, rides, and the ads. He looked around some more, trying to remember where the monorail was. He looked right and walked out from under the gates. He headed right and trotted up the stairs, step by step.
He listened to the busy sounds of the cities below, wondering if anyone really goes to them. He decides to wait by sitting in a chair, doing what he does best on a time like this. Nothing. People chatted with each other as they waited for the long monorail to arrive. Everything began to topple down at him.
He’s been here for about three months. He visited sometimes just for times when he had nothing else to do. Astroboy is one of those people that walk around with their hands in their pockets, walking around doing nothing, thinking of something to do that’s useful.
Tssss! The monorail came to a complete stop. Astroboy came out of his daydream and picked himself up with his arms. He slowly walked into the monorail, looking back out as he entered.
Music banged from the speakers near the front of the monorail. People danced, talked and even tried to go up and play their own music. He looked around, seeing all the people having fun, and him not.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:38 AM
There's always something.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Born In Park VIP
Chaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with Confetti
I really like the style of writing that you have. I think I made a character once (my first boy character, lol) called Astroboy, or maybe Boyastro. Come to think of it, I believe I named him Astroboyroy... Anyways, keep up the good work!
~Chaelle

~Chaelle