Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (March 30 - April 5)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (March 30 - April 6)

This Week in VMK!
March 30 - April 5

Welcome to the latest installment of our weekly feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

2006:

March 30th:

Narnia Adventure Game Released

The Narnia Adventure game is released and players can win the Narnia Aslan Wardrobe Pin, Narnia Ice Throne, Narnia Map With Snow, Narnia Shield, Narnia Street Lamp, and Narnia Wardrobe Teleporter.

Released

The WDW Grand Floridian pin is released.

March 31st:

Re-released

The Tomorrowland Flying Saucer Retro Pin 1 of 5 pin is re-released.

March 31st to April 2nd:

Staff Room Competition

For this event, selected staff members created rooms based on the Everest and Narnia themes. Players traveled through a starting room, the HOST_'s room, and then to the ending room where they received 20 credits each time they rode. Using the polls set up on the VMK home page, players could vote for their favorite room each day. For every day during the event there were 4 new rooms to see. Poll results were announced in the .

April 3rd:

Retired

The Tomorrowland Flying Saucer Retro Pin 1 of 5 pin is retired.

April 4th:

New Tomorrowland Areas

Click the image to view the full version
Space Mountain Quest Deck

Inner Space Shrinking Machine

Tomorrowland Hub

Autopia Quest Track

Autopia Space Race

Autopia Off Road on Mars

Captain's Quest Quarters

Nautilus Grotto

Shipwreck Graveyard

Inner Space Ray Room

Inner Space Shop

New Button and Quests Released

VMK Animated Quest

Ships and Shipwrecks

Lights, Cameras, Engines! Quests

Adventure Through Innerspace Quest

2007:

April 2nd

Retired

Epcot Trivia Quest 1, Epcot Trivia Quest 2, Epcot Trivia Quest 3, Epcot Trivia Quest 4, PhilharMagic Chair Green, Barrel Seat Green, Bamboo Floor Color Green, Bamboo Wall Divider Green, Dancing Inferno magic Single Use, Treasure Detector Magic Pin Single Use

Newsletter

Yavn Speaks

Event Info (including room makeovers for Parrot_Princess. and Dizsportsgurl)
Push asks players: "Where in the park?"
Top Players

NativePrincessf - Never Land Tree House!

Stephen-L - Disney Trivia Game Show

Diby- Spring Cleaning Quest

April 3rd:

New Registration Screen

New Loading Screens/Furniture Loading
Click the image to view the full version Click the image to view the full version

Fantasyland Courtyard Released

Alice in Wonderland Ride Released

Peter Pan's Flight Ride Released

New Hairstyles

New Item Options

New Trade Window

Players Names Displayed Above Their Heads

New Guest Room Options

New Room Buying Options

Peter Pan Quest Released

Sword in the Stone

The Sword in The Stone Single Use Pin was awarded randomly to players who ride the Fantasyland Dark Rides.

Players who received a pin would be alerted via a message.

To use the pin, players had to wear the pin on their character's lanyard. Players would walk over to the sword in the stone to use their magic. If somebody was already trying to remove the sword from the stone, the player had to wait for their turn. Trying to pull the sword from the stone while another player was using their magic resulted in an error message. The same error could also be gotten if a player was using more than one magic pin and not waiting for their first try to finish before attempting to use their next pin.

Players could use this magic pin to attempt to remove the sword from the stone, however not all attempts successfully removed the sword from the stone. Prizes were only awarded with successful attempts. Players who were successful would see the sword rise from the stone.

April 4th

Released

The Matterhorn Bobsleds pin is released.

2008:

April 1st:

Re-released

The Bamboo Wall Divider Color Red, Dream Mickey Ears, Flying Saucer Chair Color Yellow, Jester Hat Purple, Pirate & Princess Pin and Dancing Inferno Magic Single Use are re-released.

Retired

The ALR Cave Arch, ALR Cave Corner Tall, ALR Cave Wall Tall, Ariel's Treasure Chest Color Yellow, Bandana, Captain's Quarters Poster, Disney Cruise Travel Chest Yellow, Fireworks magic, Girl Pirate Pants Blue, Guard Dog with key, Invisibility Magic, Jolly Roger, Lightning Magic, Lightning Magic Single Use, Mr. Smee Hat, Mr. Smee Hat Green, Mr. Smee Shirt, Mr. Smee Shirt Black, Mr. Smee Shirt Red, Pirate & Princess Pin, Pirate Bandana Blue, Pirate Boots Pirate Hat, Pirate Hat with Parrot, Pirate Jacket (Female), Pirate Jacket (Male), Pirate Jacket With Vest, Pirate Map Table, Pirate Pants (Female), Pirate Pants (Male), Pirate Player Piano Color Green, Pirate Player Piano Color Purple, Pirate Scarf, Pirate Shoes, Pirate Throne Color Black‎, Pirate Throne Color Blue, Pirate Throne Color Green, Pirate Throne Color Purple, Pirate Treasure Chest Color Purple, Princess Hat, Prison Wall Divider‎, Shipwrecked Sand Carpet‎, Skeleton at the Helm‎, Stone Bridge Half‎, PPR Mermaid Lagoon Waterfall, PPR Rocks Small, PPR Small Island 2, PPR Tiny Pirate Ship, PPR Tiny Skull Rock, PPR Water Carpet 1, Refreshment Umbrella, Silver Mickey Ears, Treasure Detector Magic, Captain Blackheart's Mini-Treasure Quest! and VMK's Hunt for Captain Blackheart's Treasure! Quest are retired.

April 3rd

Released

The PPR Green Plant is released.

Retired

The ALR Sand Carpet is retired.

April 5th:

Released

The Football Helmet Green, Football Helmet Purple, Football Helmet Yellow, Football Player Shirt Green, Football Player Shirt Purple, Football Player Shirt Yellow, Football Player Pants Green, Football Player Pants Purple, Football Player Pants Yellow, Main Street Lamp, Main Street Trash Can, Refreshment Chair, Refreshment Table, Water Fountain, and Refreshment Corner Guest Room are released.

Re-released

The Baseball Base, Baseball Cap Blue, Baseball Cap Red, Baseball Pants Blue, Baseball Pants Red, Baseball Predictometer, Baseball Shirt Blue, Baseball Shirt Red, Baseball shoes, Football Shoes, Refreshment Umbrella, Spectator Bench, and VMK Baseball Diamond Room are re-released.

Newsletter
Yavn Speaks April 1st
Yavn Speaks April 4th
Esmeralda's Trivia
Ned's Shop News
Event Info
Room Makeover

KarateKyle's -The Lost Tiki Temple!

Top Players

BlueHairedMonkey - Escape from the Prison Tower

skalliten - What's That Item? (Game)

MichaelJ - Tangaroa's Major Meltdown Quest

hdmonkeybug - Skeleton Island Treasure Quest

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 04-08-2009 at 04:33 AM..
Old 03-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered+

spbink is as Frosty as a Snowman
Everytime I look at pictures from VMK I remember how much I miss it

Thanks for putting this together!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Let's see what I can recall of these things now...

Narnia game.. oo! I remember going to take a shower then coming back to read the forums to find out the game had opened. I played the game LOADS before I went to bed.. and actually made some good trades as some people couldn't find the game link on that first day. At first the Narnia porters were pretty rare and I remember my friend, Aceblueeyes, traded a whole 50th set for just one set. A few hours later, someone found the code generator and got as many as they wanted..

Must admit, tomorrowland and the quests were AWESOME. I got the first stickied quest answers.. w00t.

Diby's Spring Cleaning Quest.. I watched him make that room, there was some AMAZING eye tricks in there. He always did good quests with even better prizes.. he also had the pin which many people only thought CL_Ned had.. diby refused to give me though. Haha.

New Reg. screen with the offered names.. EpicBlueSkyMaroonShirtFlipsEpicNess.. they couldn't have got any worse..

Sword in the Stones.. you used my image :omg! I loved riding those things on clones to get pins.. the way they were put together by linking a public room with a guest, and simply the idea of paying 10 credits to enter was very cool. It was one of those things that could ONLY be done (and work) by Disney.

Thanks for the memories UITA!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:40 PM
I miss VMK!
Awards Showcase
Epitaph Participant's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Super Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 17

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: QuiteMad
LexieandTink is spinning in a Cursed Storm
wow, that's a lot!
i LOVED tomorrowland and the dark rides~ ;(
Old 03-31-2009, 09:02 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
Ooh! (:
One of my times in VMK. :]
Old 03-31-2009, 10:38 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
These are great pictures I loved the 50th Celebration Mickey Lantern and my Mickey Mouse Dream Ears, I was sad to let them go!

~Minnie
Old 04-01-2009, 07:56 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Wow, this was a great week in vmk all 3 years! Not until next week though...
Old 04-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Be cool by being yourself
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Cool
ccooldudecool is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Those were probably the best weeks out of each year, every event was amazing.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:05 AM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Man, I loved those Narnia items.

I was so happy when the Sword in the Stone came out. I actallu got 5* Coral magic outta that
Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P !

Old 03-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 

Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P !

Old 03-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase

Need I say more?

Old 04-05-2013, 05:51 AM
Strict Moderator
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween'10 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fiesty
Thark is covered with ConfettiThark is covered with ConfettiThark is covered with Confetti
Ahh..the Well Chairs..how many hundreds of those cards do I still have hanging around somewhere?

Yes..I am still here. Boo!