Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games

Other G Rated Games Discussion of other G Rated games...

Old Kingdom Keepers Online

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:58 AM
My Username scrolls because I'm soooo good at #VMKTrivia !
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ape
TikiPin_Dude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Taken from another VMK Fan Site which was Taken from Ridleys Twitter:

Quote:
It's official: Design is to begin on a Kingdom Keepers website and online game!
Quote:
Amazing conference call with the creators of the upcoming KK website and on-line game yesterday. VERY creative team with lots of terrific ideas. It's all still in the early phases, so no secrets to reveal, but what they are aiming for sounds fantastic. Should know much more by the end of the month.

There also seems room to make the site itself filled with interesting treats. If we recover the video of Wayne and Finn on video chat, for instance, we can post it there. This is getting good!
Quote:
Will it be an MMO or a flash game? Also, why the sudden delay for KK3?

Star
Quote:
MMO. The delay for KK3 was not sudden (except to me!). They want to coordinate the new KK website with the launch of a book, and they chose KK3 for that. That's really all there is to it. I had no say in it, unfortunately. Ultimately, the new site will be terrific and contribute to the series.

Ridley
Quote:
Whether or not they actually launch this game remains to be seen!

Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBP, Aug 22 2009 at 9:17 PM
You didn't answer all of my question. If it launches, will it be an MMO or a flash game? Also, why the sudden delay for KK3?

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley, Aug 29 2009 at 7:09 AM
MMO. The delay for KK3 was not sudden (except to me!). They want to coordinate the new KK website with the launch of a book, and they chose KK3 for that. That's really all there is to it. I had no say in it, unfortunately. Ultimately, the new site will be terrific and contribute to the series.

Ridley
Note that the last one was almost a week after the one before it. These quotes have been slightly edited for content and style. There you have it! It's an MMO, and I knew about it over a month ago!

Facts:
1. It will be on the new Kingdom Keepers website.
2. It will involve the Virtual Maintenance Network (can anyone clue me into what this is?)
3. It will be an MMO.
4. The release of Kingdom Keepers 3 was delayed eight months for this website. This is going to be big. Also, the new release date (Spring 2010) coincides with the likely beginning time for the 55th Anniversary Celebration of Disneyland. (Side note: If Ridley didn't know at the time whether it was going to be released or not, then why did he delay his book eight months for it?).
More on the company creating the game.

Quote:
Area/Code makes cross-media
games and entertainment.

Area/Code takes advantage of today's environment of pervasive technologies and overlapping media to create new kinds of entertainment.
Games and media define imaginary spaces that we enter into and explore. Area/Code highlights the connections between these imaginary spaces and the world around them.
These connections can take many forms:
urban environments transformed into
spaces for public play
online games that respond to
broadcast TV in real time
simulated characters and virtual worlds
that occupy real-world geography
game events driven by real-world data
situated media that corresponds to
specific locations and contexts
Area/Code works with advertising agencies, media firms, networks, universities, and large consumer brands. Clients include: Nike, Disney Imagineering, CBS, Nokia, MTV, The Discovery Channel, A&E, The History Channel, JWT, Cramer-Krasselt, Deutsch, SS+K, and the Carnegie Institute / Girls Math and Science Project.
Projects have been awarded at the Clios, the One Show, OMMA and the Future of Marketing Summit. Area/code and its work have been covered in the Wall Street Journal, Creativity, The New York Times, Businessweek, The Chicago Tribune, MTV, Ad Age, and some of our favorite blogs including boingboing and PSFK.
The company was founded in early 2005 by Frank Lantz (bio) and Kevin Slavin (bio)
I have to thank SkyRocket and StarBP and also the other VMK fan site!

~tiki

Forever & Always

Last edited by Jezzi; 10-07-2009 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: merged posts
Old 10-07-2009, 02:12 AM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
My only fear is that this game will die along with the book series. Once the last book ends, I just hope it won't screech to a hault.

~Key
Old 10-07-2009, 02:20 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
A Kingdom Keepres game would be quite fun.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:39 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

EliteRichSaucer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It sounds Awesome !! I havent actually read the books because you cant buy them from where im from But im really excited about this

edit: Just read somewhere that its supposed to come out in March Or April 2010. My birthdays in March, how cooler birthday present would that be
Old 10-07-2009, 02:55 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Maybe now since VMK is closed, after this book, he will move the characters to the new game he's making.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

My Mood: SaveVMK
DisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm not familar with Kingdom Keepers, but this sounds pretty cool.

Can someone please explain it a little to me?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:29 AM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
I'm not familar with Kingdom Keepers, but this sounds pretty cool.

Can someone please explain it a little to me?
It's a great book series about a group of kids who were chosen to be "DHI's"- Disney's Holographic Images, which are prerecorded projections that give tours of the parks. But when they fall asleep they discover that by accepting to be DHI's they wake up in Walt Disney World, where the "Overtakers", or the villains, are at large. They plot to take over the parks, but can the DHI's defeat them? They use VMK to discuss plans with one another- but will those plans pay off? Read the books to find out!
LOL, I got a bit too into it. Hope that made some sense.

~Key
Old 10-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
This sounds epic. Really hope it's like VMK - if Ridley has anything to do with it, I'm sure it will be.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Registered+

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Exasperated
canogon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
whoa, awesome! kks are one of my favorite books!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 PM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Sounds pretty cool, so does the book series.

The only bad part about it is that the only place i've ever seen it on sale was the Virgin mega store in Downtown Disney, and that store is gone now.....

Virgin has over priced items, and it's in Disney World, which will increase the insane prices.

But anyway, this game sounds cool, I just hope they don't convert it in to a bad movie.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:26 AM
My Username scrolls because I'm soooo good at #VMKTrivia !
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ape
TikiPin_Dude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah. I hope this game turns out good.

~tiki

Forever & Always
Old 10-08-2009, 03:19 AM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I really hope it works out...sounds like an AWESOME game.

......i call chernabog!
sorry, couldn't resist. LOL.

All credit goes to GG and her awesome siggy-making powers.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:45 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
It's a great book series about a group of kids who were chosen to be "DHI's"- Disney's Holographic Images, which are prerecorded projections that give tours of the parks. But when they fall asleep they discover that by accepting to be DHI's they wake up in Walt Disney World, where the "Overtakers", or the villains, are at large. They plot to take over the parks, but can the DHI's defeat them? They use VMK to discuss plans with one another- but will those plans pay off? Read the books to find out!
LOL, I got a bit too into it. Hope that made some sense.

~Key
Yes that helped. Haha

Sounds awesome! I hope this game turns out nice.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:09 PM
ʞɯʇɐɐɯɯǝ
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Golden Years Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
EmmaatMk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This sounds really cool! I love the KK books!!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

The game is still in the works. We'll just have to wait and see how it will turn out.

Last edited by Jezzi; 10-11-2009 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: removed link