Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old How can someone miss VMK so much, still??...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 PM
~ AngelElizabeth in VMK ~

My Mood: SaveVMK
KAITYkaityKAITY is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I miss VMK sooo much still. Words cannot describe how happy I would be for it to reopen again... I've even had dreams that it reopens once in a blue moon! I tried playing other Disney games like Toontown and Pirates but nothing was ever the same and I got tired of them pretty quickly. I played VMK from 2006 until its close and it will always be a part of my childhood. I went to Disney practically every year so it was nice to have something so similar in between my trips. As cliche as it sounds, VMK not only taught me life lessons but little things like learning how to type fast (forget computer classes in Elementary school). I made a lot of friends and it was an amazing way to keep in touch with my friends from real life I didn't see often. Creating rooms and making rides were probably my favorite parts of the game and served as a creative outlet.
I'll never understand why VMK closed. It was such a popular game and if anything they should have expanded it. A large majority of users would have paid for VMK, as many paid for less popular games like TT and POTC. Walt always said to keep moving forward, but couldn't they have moved forward with the game somehow or create a game more similar to the Parks and Disney in general than just one theme like fairies or pirates. I comprehend its over and I have forced myself to think about it only once in a while, but I still hold out the small amount of hope that after four years away it could still come back. Does anyone else still have this hope? Some days I feel like I would give anything to play pirates again or walk down Main Street decorated with snow for the holidays.
Best wishes to everyone still visiting this site <3
-Kaity (AngelElizabeth in VMK)

VMK FOREVER AND ALWAYS