Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Disney World Cosplay!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:08 PM
dress designer =]

My Mood: Sassy
nausicaa has disabled reputation
Disney World Cosplay!

This year I'm going to WDW with one of my bestest buddies in the world.
For the local anime convention, I'm cosplaying as Kairi from Kingdom Hearts II. But my other friend is going to help me make my dress early so that I can wear it to the Magic Kingdom! It's going to be great!!

Are there any tips you guys can give me to make this the best day ever? Cosplay tips / rides or places where I should take pics of myself? hahaha. I'm bringing a long a canon pro-ish camera to take pictures. I'm super excited. =]

On a different note, I also need some general itinerary help. I'll be park hopping with my friend but my parents won't be.
Day 1. Driving
Day 2. Arrival/Downtown Disney
Day 3. Magic Kingdom
Day 4. Epcot
Day 5. Anything
Day 6. Anything
Day 7. Departure/Driving
Day 8. Driving

If you guys have any tips like that, I'd really appreciate it too! Thanks!
<naushie>

Last edited by Jezzi; 02-03-2009 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: removed trip dates
Old 02-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I cosplayed once as the clown with the tear away face. I love challenges.

Actually, that is a lie. Still I recommend going on as many rides as possible dressed up. Always gives the people around you stories. Man even standing in line can be fun when your dressed up. People will notice. I wouldnn't have done Kairi because she looks too normal and about 90% of the people there most likely haven't played Kingdom Hearts if even knowing what it is. Kingdom Hearts is not as widely known as people think. I mean some people still don't even know of Luigi or Link.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 02-04-2009, 01:35 AM
dress designer =]

hahaha. I have friends going to the convention as the four Links.
thing is, I'm already wearing it for the anime convention so I decided to just make it early for Disney World. =) I may go to Epcot in the dress too and get some good pictures at the Japan pavilion.

[the costume I'm wearing is the Kairi pink dress with zippers from KH2]
Old 02-04-2009, 03:23 AM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
As nick said, get on alot of rides. Your attire could strike a conversation with a castmember who may give you free fastpasses. Ive been gifted with meeting alot of people and cast members just through chatting, imagine the effect your costumes will have! Do not forget to take one really odd pic of kairi in the mexico pavilion lol.

PS: Noticed your sig and just for the know how, I was one of your buds on vmk lol.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:47 AM
dress designer =]

uhmmm...CHYEAH you were my buddy =D sup?
and I'm sooo excited. I'm probably going to stand out so much a costume. xD it's gonna be great
Old 02-04-2009, 04:53 AM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Get a pic with Donald and Goofy, or Pluto! You should carry that star charm or a keyblade or something. People would be like, "Geez, I guess SHE won't lose her housekey!" lol.

P.S. Don't forget to tell us all about it after you get back!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:12 PM
dress designer =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobray View Post
You should carry that star charm or a keyblade or something. People would be like, "Geez, I guess SHE won't lose her housekey!"
I already made a keyblade with my friend, but we don't want to damage it because it's just a few inches under my height...hahaha

I'll definitely let you guys know what whacky adventure's i'll have in the kingdom =]
Old 02-16-2009, 06:49 AM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My friends and I are planning on doing the same thing later on in the year!!
Well, if you use any special products for your hair or if your clothes are not washable/hard to wash, don't go on wet rides.
Create a storyline to tell people. My friends and I are planning on telling people that we ended up in this strange place and are looking for King Mickey and heartless (one of my friends is going heartless and we're going to roleplay and catch the heartless ^.^).
Take pics with the characters!!
Talk to people in the park, ask for directions, all in character. It's fun to do that.
Since you can't bring anything that looks like a weapon into the Kingdom, you'll have to find an alternate keyblade to have. (We plan on making huge keyblade bags/purses) Unless they allow keyblades in the park.............
Most of all, have fun with it and enjoy!

Signature by Skrik
Old 03-04-2009, 01:59 PM
.:{ ♥ Understanding ♥ }:.

My Mood: Disney
PrincessKairi12 has disabled reputation
LOL, I love this idea! I really hope you have fun with it! Haha, RPGing in the park.. that's great, I'd love to do that myself xD!

[♥] Beautiful Tragedy [♥]
Old 04-20-2009, 09:54 PM
dress designer =]

sooo...obviously, I'm back from disney world. lol.
it was so crowded and I had a lot of time restraints, so we didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked to. but hopefully if I get to go back to the Kingdom in June, I'll have many more for you guys!
BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT....was that ABSOLUTELY NOBODY commented on my costume!! and there were obviously so many teenagers and kids around. I wanted to cryyy...haha. better luck next time.

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-20-2009 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: advertising/personal information
Old 04-20-2009, 10:18 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Sorry to hear the costume didn't go well! You had fun overall though, right?

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-20-2009 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Reply to edited post
Old 04-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Mordigant in VMK
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Stitch-ish
improvist_evan is as Frosty as a Snowman
You'll have much better luck at the convention. Kingdom Hearts is popular among anime fans.